Two Rockford Fosgate P2D212s... How to hook up?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a ported box in the back of my explorer with two 12" Rockford Fosgate P2s in it.. I hooked them both up to the same Kenwood 1000w amp and they sounded kind of odd, so i unhooked one and HOLY ****, did it bump! So my question is, is it possible to hook up two amplifiers to the same battery and have one amp drive each subwoofer? If just one subwoofer can rattle my mirrors, I'm really curious as to what two can do.. Also, as an alternative, I was wondering... The RMS rating of each is 350w.. If I were to wire them both together for a total of 2 ohms, the amp putting out 500w at 2 ohms, would the power be dispersed between the two subs and not overpower them to the point of blowing? Or would it give a total of 500w to both of them thus blowing them? Wanted to know before doing something stupid... Please let me know?

Thanks,

AudioFile.exe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-16-2009, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
First, you should probably post in the car audio forum. But to answer your questions, yes you can hook up 2 amps to your batteries, you probably need to buy a distribution block. That will take the main power cable from your battery and split it into 2 or more to power each amp. You won't blow your subs with 500 watts, especially if they're rated for 350 each for a total of 700. Try that first before trying to hook up 2 amps. You should be happy.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page