2Likes

post #1531 of 1541 Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post
What you describe above if the lights are dimming only when turning on the unit and no sound is being reproduced that sounds like an amplifier problem overloading the power supply or even your AC circuit.
My guess is it is the AC circuit. The lights will dim if the sub starts to hit hard like watching WotW and decent volume. My room needs to be re-wired but at the moment I can not afford to rip the whole room apart and have new AC service installed. When I am ready though, I am going to have a 240V line run just for the sub and maybe another 4 dedicated 30 amp circuits. I also want to get a P5 and P2 next year so the rewire would assist with that. And to do all this, I need a new panel or sub panel and a new line from the pole. Only have a 100 amp service here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1541 Old 07-26-2014, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunim View Post
I've had a Sub 1 for a few months now. Actually, I am on my second because of a technical issue.

The sub emits low level thumps when the system is first turned on and then fairly randomly after that. Might happen in five minutes or fifteen, but it happens. It's as if the autosense circuit is hypercritical and the unit is being turned on and off inappropriately.

The situation is a bit unusual. I like to watch movies in bed. Pretty good audio system and 60" flat panel in a quiet room. Sub performance is very good - except for the thumping. The unusual bit is that this system is also used for satellite TV and the volumes are low when that is on. It is when I am listening to the low volume satellite input that the thumps are noticeable. They do occur with movies (at first signal input) but, because the volumes are much higher, the low thumps are not noticeable most of the time.

It is not the prepro. The Sub 1 has thumped with nothing connected to it. A few times it has sat there popping quietly to itself (but loudly enough to be heard 15'away), and it keeps doing it after the XLR cable is disconnected. The Sub 1 will also thump every now and then with the input devices turned off. I don't think there is anything wrong with this specific unit because Paradigm replaced the first one for the same problem. This second one was better at first but is now about the same as the last one.

Paradigm is looking into it, but it's been months and I am not sure what that means. Either they can't replicate it or they can't correct it, I suspect. No, it is not a huge deal but it is bothersome. Anyone else experienced this?
If you are using XLR Cable? try the RCA Cable.

If I remember .. There are people who have had problems with port XLR in sub 1 and Sub 2
post #1533 of 1541 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardog View Post
If you are using XLR Cable? try the RCA Cable.

If I remember .. There are people who have had problems with port XLR in sub 1 and Sub 2
Hi.

Can anyone owning a sub 2 give me the size of the box. Not sure I can get it into my house.
post #1534 of 1541 Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannachin View Post
Hi.

Can anyone owning a sub 2 give me the size of the box. Not sure I can get it into my house.
I think you will not believe the size of the box!!

it's "29.5 L" x "29.5 W" x "32 H".

The problem is not in size but in weight
post #1535 of 1541 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardog View Post
I think you will not believe the size of the box!!

it's "29.5 L" x "29.5 W" x "32 H".

The problem is not in size but in weight
Thanks. My door is 80 cm, so it will work out. I have friends to help lifting.
post #1536 of 1541 Old Today, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Thanks. My door is 80 cm, so it will work out. I have friends to help lifting.
A dolly helps and if it's going on a carpet, use those furniture mover things that go under the legs of couches, helps a lot sliding it to the optimum position.

Anthem Statement D2v3D, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" AT Scope Screen, Epson 6010 3D Projector
post #1537 of 1541 Old Today, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Mine came in a box that had plastic feet attached to a sheet of plywood inside the box. You'll need to leave it in the box as long as possible because the subwoofer is very difficult to move since there's nowhere to hold onto it without touching the finish.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8793_small.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	330169  

Last edited by mbfleming; Today at 09:42 AM.
post #1538 of 1541 Old Today, 10:58 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming View Post
Mine came in a box that had plastic feet attached to a sheet of plywood inside the box. You'll need to leave it in the box as long as possible because the subwoofer is very difficult to move since there's nowhere to hold onto it without touching the finish.

Only the last 30cm vill be moved unboxed.
post #1539 of 1541 Old Today, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I think you'll like your new toy. I've had mine for four years now and it still brings me enjoyment every time I watch a movie. Please tell us your impressions after you've tried it out.
post #1540 of 1541 Old Today, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studlygoorite View Post
A dolly helps and if it's going on a carpet, use those furniture mover things that go under the legs of couches, helps a lot sliding it to the optimum position.
My Gotham have some sliders included in the box, so i hope they will work out.
post #1541 of 1541 Old Today, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My Gotham have some sliders included in the box, so i hope they will work out.
I pulled a foot off my SUB1 to match threads for the purchase of 3 castors from the Home Depot... Since the designs of these subs don't allow for the cabinet vibrating across the room, it's a super stable alternative to sliders. Sliders didn't work for me, at least one would come away at every shove. ANND, I have the option to easily put it anywhere, anytime... For tweaking.
I don't mind the looks of the castors. I wouldn't mind buying 3 more for an additional SUB1 ~

Still rockin the Pioneer 60" Kuro - Paradigm Studio v.5 100(x2),CC690,ADP590(x2),Signature Sub 1 - Denon AVR3808CI - Emotiva XPA1(x3) - Denon DBP2010CI - Motorola VIP2262 IPTV DVR - Furman Elite 15PFI - Transparent/Monster cabling - 2011 Mac Mini w/Audirvana - Peachtree DACITx - XBOX 360 with HD DVD drive - XBOX ONE - GIK Acoustics 242/244/Monster 2x4 panels - Harmony Ultimate - Daikin 15LV heat pump to keep it cool
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List