newbie to this need help with my subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i recently purchased a onkyo 6100 htib i did the basic setup in my bedroom which is small i have a queen size bed dont know if that matters. what i have connected to the receiver is a 46 inch sony bravia, ps3, and hd direct tv. the problem that is the subwoofer im not getting the deep base im looking for i tried replacing the sub with a 8 year old nuance module -100 sub which sound a bit better then the factory sub but still i do not get that deep base now i have read alot around avs furoms on how to setup a sub but im a bit confused i really dont know how to mess with the settings on the receiver and sub

the other question i have is the way i have my room setup effect the sound from the sub? i have my bed on the oppisite side of the tv facing the tv remember its a queen size sorry for the newbie questions can anyone help me out i would really appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Hi,

First, don't expect miracles from an Home Theater in a Box. The speakers are generally very cheap.

Sub placement is critical. You have to experiment a bit to find the best spot in your room. Play some bass heavy music/movies scenes and move it around the room. Once you find a spot that sounds good, you need to properly calibrate. Start by running Audyssey. Then go into the menus and make sure no speakers are set to FULL.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the response i will do that today i have a quick question if u dont mind me asking the sub has 2 nobs one for the level volume and the other for crossover that goes low to 40 hz what is the proper setting if i put it to 40 hz do i have to put the same setting on the receiver?
post #4 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarn3437 View Post

thanks for the response i will do that today i have a quick question if u dont mind me asking the sub has 2 nobs one for the level volume and the other for crossover that goes low to 40 hz what is the proper setting if i put it to 40 hz do i have to put the same setting on the receiver?

If the receiver has a crossover, use it instead of on the sub. Turn the crossover on the sub as high as it will go, probably 150 - 200 hz. Depending on your speakers you will probably set the receiver crossover to 120 hz if they are satellite speakers.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

ok i will do that then thats where i got confused from what i been reading i thought the lower it is the deeper the bass is i guess i read wrong is there any additional settings i should change to give it more deep bass and the other thing has anyone ever heard of nuance module n-100 sub or the nuance brand it self? i tried searching it online but no luck again thanks for the help guys
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page