Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 1014 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4463Likes

post #30391 of 30400 Old Today, 12:51 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Yeah, was more than I wanted to spend but it should last a very long time and since it can hold up to 350lbs (250 lbs max on a single shelf) it should hold a 40lbs AVR and a few 10-15lbs consoles easily. Also means those casters can handle that weight.

Hopefully, in a couple weeks I will have everything up and running, with an audio experience that is very noticeably better (including a ton of features).

I have been considering an AVR upgrade since my initial Sony speaker and Dayton sub purchases, but upgraded sub and front speakers (again if I count the Yamaha HTiB speakers and sub) first as I was told it matters more.

However, going from an HTR-3066 to a RX-A2070 should be quite a leap. And I bet going from 5.1 to 7.1 should be nice too. Already have rear surrounds, just can't hook them to current 5.1 AVR.

Quite excited...

Awesome looking forward to some pics and seeing how you like it. I’m also upgrading tonight. My CM Center 2 S2 came in. Going to pick it up now. Some Audyssey sweeps tonight and I should be good to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30392 of 30400 Old Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2205 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I dont now if this company is still in business, but I bought one of their racks years ago and I love it. very simple, elegant, well designed, sturdy...

http://www.lovanaudiogroup.com/sovereign-series.html
Looks real nice. VTI had a model like that with each shelf having spiked feet resting on the lower shelf. But I opted for the design where the whole rack is one solid piece. I'm guessing the difference is for isolation purposes? Also 3 legs instead of 4 for the reasons outlined in this thread in the past.
post #30393 of 30400 Old Today, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, was more than I wanted to spend but it should last a very long time and since it can hold up to 350lbs (250 lbs max on a single shelf) it should hold a 40lbs AVR and a few 10-15lbs consoles easily. Also means those casters can handle that weight.

Hopefully, in a couple weeks I will have everything up and running, with an audio experience that is very noticeably better (including a ton of features).

I have been considering an AVR upgrade since my initial Sony speaker and Dayton sub purchases, but upgraded sub and front speakers (again if I count the Yamaha HTiB speakers and sub) first as I was told it matters more.

However, going from an HTR-3066 to a RX-A2070 should be quite a leap. And I bet going from 5.1 to 7.1 should be nice too. Already have rear surrounds, just can't hook them to current 5.1 AVR.

Quite excited...

Awesome looking forward to some pics and seeing how you like it. I?m also upgrading tonight. My CM Center 2 S2 came in. Going to pick it up now. Some Audyssey sweeps tonight and I should be good to go!
I think I might have heard that center when I demoed the AVRs in Magnolia. For some reason, I seemed to levitate towards Martin Logan especially for music and Bowers and Wilkins for movies. The Definitive Technology speakers didn't impress me at all for whatever reason. They didn't have SVS primes there, so don't know how they compare in that store environment.

Will take some pics of rack and AVR once I get everything. However, my room is a bit crowded and cables are all over the front left corner so while my setup sounds great, it is not particularly clean looking.

post #30394 of 30400 Old Today, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 647
when I remodel my kitchen in next few years I may have a 20 amp line or 2 ran where my sub can be connected...but as of now its ok...and Im kinda happy about that.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #30395 of 30400 Old Today, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2318 Post(s)
Liked: 2141
Quote:
Looks real nice. VTI had a model like that with each shelf having spiked feet resting on the lower shelf. But I opted for the design where the whole rack is one solid piece. I'm guessing the difference is for isolation purposes? Also 3 legs instead of 4 for the reasons outlined in this thread in the past.
I use a VTI spiked model which doubles as a center channel stand. This is in my upstairs media room which is in the final stages of construction!
post #30396 of 30400 Old Today, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2105 Post(s)
Liked: 1666
^^^ Clearly you are not listening loudly enough or all those movies would be falling off.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #30397 of 30400 Old Today, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
^^^ Clearly you are not listening loudly enough or all those movies would be falling off.
Apparently he has a hammer on his stand, so it looks as if he is working on that.

Dedicated Theater Room: 7.2.4 (ATMOS upcoming)
SI 2.35 5-Series Pure Gray CinemaScope 133"; Epson 6040UB (Professional Calibrated)
RTIA9 Polk, CSIA6 Polk, FXIA6 Polk / 2017 Dual JTR Cap 1400 V2 Black Oak Finish
Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu Ray
Panamax M5400-PM
Emotiva XMC1, Emotiva 3-channel amp Gen 3, Emotiva 4-channel amp Gen 3
post #30398 of 30400 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Quote:
I use a VTI spiked model which doubles as a center channel stand. This is in my upstairs media room which is in the final stages of construction!
Looks real solid. Are those amps on the lower shelf?

CC looks different than most designs.
post #30399 of 30400 Old Today, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1748 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
^^ center is a Mirage omni polar.
post #30400 of 30400 Old Today, 07:28 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
I think I might have heard that center when I demoed the AVRs in Magnolia. For some reason, I seemed to levitate towards Martin Logan especially for music and Bowers and Wilkins for movies. The Definitive Technology speakers didn't impress me at all for whatever reason. They didn't have SVS primes there, so don't know how they compare in that store environment.

Will take some pics of rack and AVR once I get everything. However, my room is a bit crowded and cables are all over the front left corner so while my setup sounds great, it is not particularly clean looking.
Isn't that, in part at least, what the rack is for? Organization? Maybe take the opportunity to clean it up a bit. I just spent the night redoing my center setup. I had the CM Center on this before: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I read it maxes out at 30lbs and the CM Center 2 is about 45lbs. So off to Home Depot I went to get a proper shelf for the support. Got one that holds 66lbs. Here's my new center setup.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	38
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	2260108   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	38
Size:	549.5 KB
ID:	2260110  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page