35Likes

post #6541 of 16294 Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post

Seems rather petty to complain and post a link to a competitor in a manufacturer's thread... Drop Brian a note, or email, or call, and ask him if he has a better date. Since he is still a small player volume-wise much is out of his control. If you can't wait, get the JTR and be happy.

Praise in public, piss in private...

Just sharing my opinion/feelings. If and when I 'can't wait' any longer I will purchase whichever sub(s) I feel are best for me. It's my money after all. Right?

Brian (Rythmic) are probably just as new/small as JTR. I'm just looking for some direction. Brian seems to be very selective as to which posts he responds to and leaves much to speculation among the forum members, sometimes causing some inaccuracies.

I am sincerely interested in the F25 sub but, as posted previously, I don't think I would have waited one and a half years for the product. That's just me, though.

As for your words of knowledge... let's just call a spade a spade. I'm sure Brian doesn't need anyone to defend him... he's a big boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 16294 Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 73
^^

Customers know they don't cross shop between JTR and us because our products are so much different. That is why your post draws criticism. As for schedule, I already mentioned I will do my best. I hope you understand my dilemma here.
post #6543 of 16294 Old 05-31-2012, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 94
People shopping Rythmik know what their options are. Posting links to competing companies inside a specified company thread is bad taste plain and simple. No one expects anyone to wait. Their are great options out there. It's your money.

Brian you make an incredible product. I hope your stock issues are remedied soon.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #6544 of 16294 Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Me I am one on the fence regarding Rythimk. I have heard great things and am looking for something comparable to my current SVS Ultra to allow the SVS to retire to its final resting place. My setup is all latest Sierra towers with a Sierra STC ribbon tweeter, all to fill a horrid room. It's 25x16 with 16' vaulted ceilings what sub would fit best or is in the ball game?

In search of video bliss...
post #6545 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post

^^

Customers know they don't cross shop between JTR and us because our products are so much different. That is why your post draws criticism. As for schedule, I already mentioned I will do my best. I hope you understand my dilemma here.

Understood... I have updated my previous post and removed the link. Although I can't say I truly understand your dilema, I do understand that there are currently some issues that Rythmik is trying to overcome. At this point I know it's out of your hands; nothing worse than not being in control.

I do hope everything comes togehter for you as I am very interested in what your company will be offering in the near future.

By the way, is the current 600 watt HP amp available with XLR inputs? I may be interested in a pair of F15HP or will their amp configuration be changing too? What to do, what to do?
post #6546 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 05:54 AM

Liked: 25
Earlier this week I ordered an F12 from Ascend Acoustics and Dina just emailed to say it is shipping today. I am excitedly awaiting delivery and I now feel like the newbie member of the "Rythmik Community" that I am.

My new small (11x13x8) dedicated home theater/music room has just been re-wired, re-plastered, re-painted, and re-carpeted. My new Maggies arrive the middle of next week (1.7's for LR, CC5 and DWM for center, MC1,s for surrounds and I hope everyone plays nice with each other as the break-in..........exciting times ahead. Wish me luck!

I hope that I can post Rythmik questions and comments here if I have any.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel)
Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Emotiva UMC-1 (Processor)
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's
Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds
Oppo BDP-103
post #6547 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by donh50 View Post

seems rather petty to complain and post a link to a competitor in a manufacturer's thread... Drop brian a note, or email, or call, and ask him if he has a better date. Since he is still a small player volume-wise much is out of his control. If you can't wait, get the jtr and be happy.

Praise in public, piss in private...

+1!
post #6548 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Liked: 28
I've finally had the time to run some measurements on my dual F12s in my 2700 cf^3 room.

I find the results of the crossover tests particularly interesting, due to the results of YPAO, Audyssey & Brian's Subtuner as they seem to be in agreement of the distance each come up with of the F12s.

YPAO says 8.4ft, Audyssey says 8.4ft, Subtuner says 8.2ft. The subs are the same physical distance from the LP as the mains, and the mains are 7.6ft from the LP which YPAO & Audyssey get correct.

All this talk is boring though, isn't it? Let me put up some pretty graphs to break the monotony. Let me first just add I measured in .2 ft increments over a 2 ft distance, from 7ft to 9ft. The crossover is 100Hz, no smoothing has been applied. Like I said before, the results are interesting to me, or perhaps I'm just ignorant:

7ft

7.2ft

7.4ft

7.6ft

7.8ft

8ft

8.2ft

8.4ft

8.6ft

8.8ft

9ft

All measurements

I will first say that all measurements were done at the same volume over a period of 15 minutes. I never changed the volume between measurements, I only changed the distance each time.

I know that by simply listening by ear the difference in perceived output from the subs by simply changing the distance setting in the AVR. In this case, the CO points that YPAO, Audyssey & Subtuner landed on seemed to have the most output, but an obvious hole at the CO at the LP. For my eyes, the 7ft distance setting produces the best result, much better than the almost unanimous 8.2/4ft setting.

My next tests will be with my ears of course, but in the meantime I thought I'd get some feedback on the measurements.

Perhaps the automatic measurement programs aren't always right
post #6549 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I believe it depends upon how you were using YPAO or Audyssey... were you attempting to optimize for a single location (sweet spot) with all mic positions revolving around a single location or were you moving the mic through several seating locations attempting to optimize an area? Where was that first mic position? and are you taking your in-room FR measurements from that exact location?

What I do is use REW to assess the XO region from each of the seated locations (we have 8 listening positions) and then go with what I consider the best compromise for all the seated locations... I'm looking for the smoothest transitional response and not necessarily the loudest (peakiest). There will be no one distance setting that will work well at all locations when you are trying to optimize for an area so my judgement is critical in selecting the best compromise.

I believe what Audyssey does is obtain the calibration level info and distances (phase) from the very first mic position you choose and then only gets freq specific info from the other positions. That is why it is suggested you select that first position to be in the center of your listening area, even if no one will actually be sitting there.

I prefer my way to establish distance. I suggest you go with the smoothest in-room response, which appears to be at 7-foot.

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."
Juicy
Doggie Jabber
post #6550 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by errivera View Post

I do hope everything comes togehter for you as I am very interested in what your company will be offering in the near future.

I stopped discussing future products because my suppliers simply cannot keep up. The next products we are going to release is A370XLR2/3 and H600XLR2/3. And then after that, the HX800XLR3. PEQ3 models will continue. So to answer your question about what is available for F15HP at this moment, we only have PEQ3. XLR versions are in the process of being made and I will air ship some of them here for those cannot wait. The remaining bulk of them should arrive mid July. After the supplier is done with A370 and H600, I will be pushing them to start production of HX800XLR3. Our product development approach is we made the amplifiers to have same footprint with shared front end preamp board. Then we mate that to various servo power modules we have. We are very early in the XLR2/3 product phase.
post #6551 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustan View Post

Earlier this week I ordered an F12 from Ascend Acoustics and Dina just emailed to say it is shipping today. I am excitedly awaiting delivery and I now feel like the newbie member of the "Rythmik Community" that I am.

My new small (11x13x8) dedicated home theater/music room has just been re-wired, re-plastered, re-painted, and re-carpeted. My new Maggies arrive the middle of next week (1.7's for LR, CC5 and DWM for center, MC1,s for surrounds and I hope everyone plays nice with each other as the break-in..........exciting times ahead. Wish me luck!

I hope so too. That is going to be an awesome system...

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #6552 of 16294 Old 06-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post

I stopped discussing future products because my suppliers simply cannot keep up. The next products we are going to release is A370XLR2/3 and H600XLR2/3. And then after that, the HX800XLR3. PEQ3 models will continue. So to answer your question about what is available for F15HP at this moment, we only have PEQ3. XLR versions are in the process of being made and I will air ship some of them here for those cannot wait. The remaining bulk of them should arrive mid July. After the supplier is done with A370 and H600, I will be pushing them to start production of HX800XLR3. Our product development approach is we made the amplifiers to have same footprint with shared front end preamp board. Then we mate that to various servo power modules we have. We are very early in the XLR2/3 product phase.

Brian, thank you for your reply and for continually posting to the members of this forum. I know it's greatly appreciated. Today, I had to jump ship and ordered a competitors somewhat new offering. I tried to wait to see what might come from Rythmik but I am redoing my HT room and needed to plan accordingly.

I tried to contact you today also but no response... I called Ascend Acoustics to ask a few questions. They're really nice people. Unfortunately, I was informed (as mentioned here) that your XLR HP amps are still in the works.

I wish your new subs were here, you could have saved me a lot of money. Good luck with the new offerings. I'll continue to lurk on the forum and would not hesitate to guide others here if they were looking for a solid sub.
post #6553 of 16294 Old 06-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
New FV15HP plugged and running now for 30 min. Sounds great; will get into REW, Multi Subs, and overall better integration next week. Just have it cruising at -20 warming up on some tunes right now.

My wife is a quality snob and absolutely loves this build. Thank you for taking pride in you work Brian. WAF factor went better than I could have possibly hoped for.
post #6554 of 16294 Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Do these settings seem reasonable to start with for an FV15HP?

-Limiter On Power Auto
-Line In w Y splitter for both inputs (Older Marantz SR8000 has sub out, and "Small" speakers settings to get the crossover but has no delay/distance setting for the sub so I used Line in instead of LFE to get the phase nob active)
-PEQ: off
-Phase: 0 (I'll get this set up during measurements next week)
-Crossover: Max 120 (AVR is crossing at 80)
-Line In Low Pass: AVR/12
-Rumble filter: Off (I'm trying out one port plugged first for deeper extension)
-Extension Filter Freq: 14, Damping: Low
post #6555 of 16294 Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM

These are the recommended settings from the Rythmic forums at the Ascend Acoustics website:
The recommended initial setting with HT:

0) Low pass switch set to EXT/12 (not 80Hz/24).
1) power voltage set to 110-120v (for US, Canada, Mexico)
2) PEQ (Parametric EQ) set to Off
3) PEQ Gain doesn't matter with PEQ set to Off
4) PEQ Bandwidth doesn't matter with PEQ set to Off
5) PEQ Frequency doesn't matter with PEQ set to Off
6) Delay adjustment set to 0 (will be adjusted from HT receiver).
7) Crossover adjustment set to max first (then gradually dial down for best integration).
8) Level at 12 o'clock to begin with. Gradually move it higher to balance sub with front speakers.
9) Extension filter switch: 14Hz
10) Damping switch: high.

9, 10 can trade off max extension vs max output. If one really likes to play loud, he needs to set to 28Hz/low damping.

Listen and be happy.
post #6556 of 16294 Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stustan View Post

My Rythmik F12 is now a week old and it is all I hoped it would be. It took a while for me to integrate the sub but I must say once I found the proper balance and location the Rythmik disappeared for music playback, its only signature being an increased soundstage and a subtle extension of low end decay into the soundstage.

For theatrical presentation the sub carries it's weight (pun intended) without adding bloat to the lower bass, but helps immensely with impacts and the subterranean demands of blockbuster movies. Actually, I was surprised how low the 1.7's go right out of the box and now, after three days breaking in, I am beginning to drop the crossover frequency when listening to music.

I am crossing over at 40 to 50 for music, and 55 to 65 for theatrical....still fiddling. When I set the sub level for theatrical presentation using my Radio Shack SPL meter (THX audio setup on "Terminator" and "WALL E" Blu-Rays) the results were too hot for my taste. I then set the sub level to my taste using shows that I had worked on, supervising the mix at the re-recording sessions. Once I found a sub level I was happy with everything fell into place. However, the sub level for the theatrical playback must be dropped an additional 12 dB when playing back cd's. Not sure why, but it sure sounds great when the level and crossover is working to my taste.

So there you have it....Magnepan and Rythmik, Bread and Butter!

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Oppo BDP-103
post #6557 of 16294 Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

40 Hz sounds low to me for 1.7's... They claim that'ish, but distortion goes up fast if you push them hard. I'd set a little higher and leave it for everything. But, I am lazy! smile.gif

Glad you are enjoying your Rythmik! My F12 is one of the few subs that integrates easily (well, relatively) and well with my Maggies.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #6558 of 16294 Old 06-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Thanks Don, and I agree with you, I pushed the crossover up this morning to 55 as I listened to music and was happy with it and will leave it alone for a while while the Maggies continue to break in. Good Call!

Magnepan 1.7's (LR)
Rythmik F12 (Sub)
Oppo BDP-103
post #6559 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 AM

Liked: 14
If i switch from 14Hz Mid damping to 20Hz Mid, do I need to run my AM8033C and Audyssey XT calibration again?
I have the F12 in a tri-Subs set-up, located at left rear of the LP.
Front symmetrical dual ported of another brand. These are all connected to the AM8033C.
Thanks for any input.
post #6560 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am new to rythmik subs as i just discovered the website. I see the FV12 is out if stock. At this time of year that usually means a redesign. If the FV12 is being redesigned, when will its successor be ready and what price point will it be?biggrin.gif
post #6561 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A L Wong View Post

If i switch from 14Hz Mid damping to 20Hz Mid, do I need to run my AM8033C and Audyssey XT calibration again?
Front symmetrical dual ported of another brand. These are all connected to the AM8033C.
Thanks for any input.

Probably not but it only takes a few minutes (OK, maybe an hour by the time you find the mic, quiet everyone down, run a couple of times, save and put up the mic). Probably easier than sitting and wondering.

post #6562 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Redesign ?, I dont think so, I reckon just out of stock.

EDIT : Above info is wrong :-).. the subs are being redesigned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic debauchery View Post

I am new to rythmik subs as i just discovered the website. I see the FV12 is out if stock. At this time of year that usually means a redesign. If the FV12 is being redesigned, when will its successor be ready and what price point will it be?biggrin.gif
post #6563 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic debauchery View Post

Yes, I think a redesign in the works for the FV12. I talked to Brian & grabbed the last one he had available. He mentioned that people complained about the looks of the front grill & was toying with the idea a few weeks ago in a earlier post. I just didn't think about it until I tried to purchase one & it was out of stock.

Personally, I love the current design & it fit my space requirements perfectly. BTW..Brian was great to work with & I am slowly coming up the learning curve on my new sub.
post #6564 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy-2 View Post

Yes, I think a redesign in the works for the FV12. I talked to Brian & grabbed the last one he had available. He mentioned that people complained about the looks of the front grill & was toying with the idea a few weeks ago in a earlier post. I just didn't think about it until I tried to purchase one & it was out of stock.
Personally, I love the current design & it fit my space requirements perfectly. BTW..Brian was great to work with & I am slowly coming up the learning curve on my me sub.

I still haven't pushed my FV15. I can only imagine the neighbors running out thinking there was an Earthquake when I do push it!!

Jeff
post #6565 of 16294 Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronghorn/az View Post

I still haven't pushed my FV15. I can only imagine the neighbors running out thinking there was an Earthquake when I do push it!!
Jeff

feel the same about my fv15HP. I'm glad I traded up from an F15. F15 was a great sub, but I just had too big of a room.

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
My humble entertainment room
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417652/midwest...
post #6566 of 16294 Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A L Wong View Post

Thanks for any input.

You don't want to redo XT calibration each time you change extension setting on our plate amp. If you do that, it defeats the purpose of having those controls. The best strategy is use 14hz low damping and rumble filter off, to calibrate once, and then you are free to adjust the damping and frequency to hear the effect of those settings. If you redo calibration, the difference you can hear is much smaller.

It also caught my attention that you have two ported subs in the front. Mixing ported subs with sealed subs can be difficult because the huge group delay difference between those two types of subs. If you hear reduction in output at 20hz, you may already hear the effect of phase problem between those subs.
post #6567 of 16294 Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post

Wrong! Here is my email from Rythmik.................
Our warranty is international. Also, the FV12 will be out of stock for several months due a redesign process. Our FV15 would another option to mate with your Paradigm subwoofer.

Best Regards,

Enrico
Sent via BlackBerry Torch 9800 by AT&T
post #6568 of 16294 Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 PM

I finally received my F12 SE. However, I'm running into an issue that I need your help with. The issue is the sub sounds really weak. I connect the sub to an Emotiva USP-1 (2 channel pre-amp) using the LP/Sub out from the pre-amp. Crossover at 80Hz. I use LFE IN at the sub. Other settings are as recommended in post #6557 above. There's no option to increase sub output in the pre-amp. I've cranked the sub volume all the way to Max level but it's still weak. My main speakers are Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand.

Did anyone face the same issue? What could be the solutions? Thank you.
post #6569 of 16294 Old 06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

1. Try different sub placement in the room.
2. Use the regular input to provide more control over the sub; set the crossover knob to its highest setting.
3. Read the info about phase matching to be sure the sub is in pahse with the L/R spears at the crossover point.
4. Use a Y cable and connect the preamp's output to both sub inputs.
5. Use test tones and an SPL meter to confirm the sub's output level.

post #6570 of 16294 Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've been madly reading my way through this thread for the last week. I'm currently up to post #3571 (only 3000 away from being done!). Five minutes ago I ordered the D15SE. Laissez le bon temps roule.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page