post #16652 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post
ok. thanks. so ur suggestion is just leaved the tennis ball inside? i dont want to open the sub, im afraid maybe i will mess up.
I haven't opened a Rythmik sub, but I've taken out drivers from other subs and speakers.

It's easy to do, but one thing to watch out for is that both the driver and the amp are surprisingly heavy, and they tend to jump out if the sub is standing up.

Unscrew one when it is facing up, so it won't roll out. Then, either lift it out, or very slowly and carefully roll the sub over to roll it out with a hand firmly holding it.

Don't touch the inside of the amp, because there may be lethal voltages, even though it's not plugged in.

It's easier than it sounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16653 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have a F12G piano gloss with XLR3 amp for sale at Rythmik F12G-SE w/ A370XLR3 amp

Pickup is possible at Dallas area.
post #16654 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli View Post
Placing the subwoofer where the center speaker is for a 2.1 system works really really well for music. Anywhere else and the sub will destroy the stereo imaging even at 60hz cross over.
I have a sub in the front left corner of my room, and one in the rear right corner. They are crossed at 80 Hz. I would bet a paycheck that if I brought you into the room blindfolded, put you in the middle and played music, you could not place the subs.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #16655 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I have a sub in the front left corner of my room, and one in the rear right corner. They are crossed at 80 Hz. I would bet a paycheck that if I brought you into the room blindfolded, put you in the middle and played music, you could not place the subs.
^^^ I could. You have one in the front left corner and one in the right rear corner, right?

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

post #16656 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Locating the sub playing is not the issue, when I had the sub behind me I couldn't locate it either. But there was something wrong with the overall sound, and I could not figure out for at least 5 months... until I tried the middle placement at a whim.

Your setup needs to be really high end to reach this issue though. I never had this problem until I started to seriously upgrade the components behind the LS50. (Or you could say that I never had the ability to reproduce stereo imaging until recently.)
post #16657 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
If you sat in my room you would think the my single sub was on the left side right beside you but it's is really located in the front inside the speakers on the right side. Phase problems.
post #16658 of 16664 Old 09-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
I'd drive that far to snag a second LV12R for only $400 bucks. Correct me if I'm wrong newc33, but the LV12R has fairly low mileage on it right?
Ya man its very low mileage. I've had it for about 1.5 yrs and hasn't been used since December of 13.

Its only hit the limiter 2 times because I made it during the server room scene in pulse.

I'm really easy on all my equitment. The fvs have still never hit the limiter as far as I know. I like to have enough output with my subs that I don't have to strain them to get desierable output. Same goes with all my audio gear. I like having plenty of head room I guess.

Yamaha rxv373

Ascend acoustics cbm 340se mains
Ascend acoustics 340se center
Ascend acoustics 170se rear SS

Rythmik lv12r
Dual rythmik fv15hps
post #16659 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Locating the sub playing is not the issue, when I had the sub behind me I couldn't locate it either. But there was something wrong with the overall sound, and I could not figure out for at least 5 months... until I tried the middle placement at a whim.

Your setup needs to be really high end to reach this issue though. I never had this problem until I started to seriously upgrade the components behind the LS50. (Or you could say that I never had the ability to reproduce stereo imaging until recently.)
I am not a big believer in the "expensive means better" theory. The stereo imaging from my inexpensive setup is so convincing at times that I have to get up and ensure the center speaker is not playing. I just think that the point of diminishing returns can be reached very very quickly when it comes to home audio. At some point, I think people are just paying for an expensive name plate, and not necessarily better sound or quality.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #16660 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I am not a big believer in the "expensive means better" theory. The stereo imaging from my inexpensive setup is so convincing at times that I have to get up and ensure the center speaker is not playing. I just think that the point of diminishing returns can be reached very very quickly when it comes to home audio. At some point, I think people are just paying for an expensive name plate, and not necessarily better sound or quality.
Aren't you're also the one who thinks you can buy a sub like you can bolognie at the local deli?
post #16661 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMono View Post
Aren't you're also the one who thinks you can buy a sub like you can bolognie at the local deli?
Not sure, as I don't understand your analogy, sorry. But I can clarify my subwoofer purchasing belief: Buy two subs that meet your needs if budget allows from one of the ID companies such as Rythmik, SVS, PSA, or HSU. If you cannot afford to buy the sub(s) that meets your needs, buy the best one(s) you can afford.

P.S. If I were in the market to buy bologna, the local deli sounds like a great place to get it.
Sean Spamilton likes this.

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #16662 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think the point about "diminishing returns" is valid. That last 10% of performance can cost big. There's also a "herd mentality" in audio. A couple of glowing reviews and a speaker or component is suddenly the bomb. What constitutes good sound is very subjective and personal: we need to rely on our own ears to make that decision, regardless of how well received something is or how much it costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16663 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

The LS50 is a great nearfield monitor. I'm suggesting to the guys I know with home studios that they get a pair for monitoring their recording and mixing. They're good enough for that---in fact, they are far better than what a lot of big Pro studios have (Yamaha NS10, Auratone, Tannoy).
post #16664 of 16664 Old 09-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
There's also a "herd mentality" in audio.
Not only in Audio, but pretty much everything, its human nature fashion, cell phones etc.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page