Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 563 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 90Likes

post #16861 of 16874 Old 10-20-2014, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Damn Billy looking at your graph your spl is at 80 when mine is at 60... lol I might have to look into an upgrade to an XS30se in the new year, that's crazy if it's that much louder. When you had the SB13U was it that high in the SPL?

Sierra-2 LCR
HTM-200 rears
Rythmik E15HP
Anthem MRX-300
Samsung 8550 UHD
-$8500ish : (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16862 of 16874 Old 10-21-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
Damn Billy looking at your graph your spl is at 80 when mine is at 60... lol I might have to look into an upgrade to an XS30se in the new year, that's crazy if it's that much louder. When you had the SB13U was it that high in the SPL?
You should try and turn up the volume on the sub and run ARC from the same location and see how that sounds. ~60hz looked kind of low to me. Where in relation did it set your other speakers?

Try posting your target window & AVR setting over in the MRX thread and see if they can better assist you.

In my case, ARC basically set everything flat...mains (-1) sub & cc(0) all my graphs show my speakers were measured ~80...hence why my sub is shown at those dbs. I doubt it has anything to do with your sub...I think your sub needs to be turned up a wee bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
Oh snap, you ended up going with the upgrade kit hey? How's the upgrade?
Sent you a PM...so not to discuss things on the Rythmik forum...
JustABrah likes this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig

Last edited by Billy p; 10-21-2014 at 06:41 AM.
post #16863 of 16874 Old 10-21-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Discuss all you want here we are pretty laid back.
Billy p likes this.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #16864 of 16874 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I posted a similar message the other day on the Audyssey page, but figured I would ask here as it pertains directly to a Rhythmik.

I was looking for suggestions on setting up my FV15HP through Audyssey. I wasn't thoroughly impressed with the bass output after running the configuration with my Denon X4000. I also read on the Audyssey page about running the sub "hot" after configuration and it recommended turning up the gain before testing.

Any suggestions for pre/post setting and configurations for the FV15HP with running Audyssey? What do I want to change manually when the configuration is done? Thanks!
post #16865 of 16874 Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Audyssey must be doing something wrong if the FV15HP bass output isn't impressing, best advice I can give you is buy an Anthem MRX maybe give Rythmik an email, I'm sure they would give you a hand as I'm sure they get this asked a lot.

Sierra-2 LCR
HTM-200 rears
Rythmik E15HP
Anthem MRX-300
Samsung 8550 UHD
post #16866 of 16874 Old Today, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autorotate View Post
I posted a similar message the other day on the Audyssey page, but figured I would ask here as it pertains directly to a Rhythmik.

I was looking for suggestions on setting up my FV15HP through Audyssey. I wasn't thoroughly impressed with the bass output after running the configuration with my Denon X4000. I also read on the Audyssey page about running the sub "hot" after configuration and it recommended turning up the gain before testing.

Any suggestions for pre/post setting and configurations for the FV15HP with running Audyssey? What do I want to change manually when the configuration is done? Thanks!

Disappointing results are often the result of the phase not being optimally dialed-in.
post #16867 of 16874 Old Today, 04:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
Disappointing results are often the result of the phase not being optimally dialed-in.
Or poor placement.
post #16868 of 16874 Old Today, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Or poor placement.

Right, perhaps even more so than from phase mis-adjustment. If the sub is located where there is a mode (due to room dimensions), a null can be created which no amount of adjustment will alleviate. Gotta move the sub out of the room mode!
post #16869 of 16874 Old Today, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:

Here is the simple solution. Adjust the gain in such a way that the subwoofer trim in your AVR ends up around -9 dB after Audyssey. Then, turn the sub up by about 6 dB, to -3 or so, in your AVR. Sample some music and movies and see how it sounds. If that does not produce good results, do the subwoofer crawl to ensure good placement before calibrating the sub with Audyssey, and make the same adustments described.

There are a lot of controls on the amp of the FV15HP, so I would check with Rythmik as to where to set all of your amp controls prior to calibration. Or perhaps there are other FV15HP owners who can provide you with this information.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #16870 of 16874 Old Today, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately I am stuck with one location for the sub. After another calibration Audyssey had me at -9 db. I turned it up to +1 (in the AVR, leaving the volume still at half on the actual sub) and it sounded a whole lot better. I will try it at -3 as well. Of course increasing the volume on the actual sub makes it sound better, but I don't want to have to do that.

I am also getting some noise. I am assuming it's a ground loop issue. I purchased two isolator a that worked for the hum, but now I am hearing some unknown AM radio or something....I am waiting to hear back from Jensen to see if their sub GLI will work better. What a headache I am having!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16871 of 16874 Old Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Thanks for the responses!

Unfortunately I am stuck with one location for the sub. After another calibration Audyssey had me at -9 db. I turned it up to +1 (in the AVR, leaving the volume still at half on the actual sub) and it sounded a whole lot better. I will try it at -3 as well. Of course increasing the volume on the actual sub makes it sound better, but I don't want to have to do that.

I am also getting some noise. I am assuming it's a ground loop issue. I purchased two isolator a that worked for the hum, but now I am hearing some unknown AM radio or something....I am waiting to hear back from Jensen to see if their sub GLI will work better. What a headache I am having!!!

Are you running a cheap subwoofer cable? Try a good quality(not magic fairy dust) subwoofer cable with quality construction and noise shielding like those from Blue Jean Cables.

I also had only one possible location for a subwoofer. There was just absolutely no possible other place to put any subwoofer. Then I measured the room with REW, saw the horrible freak show roller coaster massive null frequency response. Presto, I magically found another place to put a sub.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #16872 of 16874 Old Today, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Are you running a cheap subwoofer cable? Try a good quality(not magic fairy dust) subwoofer cable with quality construction and noise shielding like those from Blue Jean Cables.

I also had only one possible location for a subwoofer. There was just absolutely no possible other place to put any subwoofer. Then I measured the room with REW, saw the horrible freak show roller coaster massive null frequency response. Presto, I magically found another place to put a sub.
I am going to attempt the sub crawl just for piece of mind. But I really have absolutely no where else to put it. It is in my rear corner on an angle, 6 feet from my listening position.

I just ordered MediaBridge sub cable off of Amazon 10 minutes ago http://www.mediabridgeproducts.com/s...idcategory=128

I originally had: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I am connected from receiver to wall plate (3 feet), wall plate under floor to another wall plate (25 feet), and then directly to the subwoofer (3 feet) all with the Monoprice cables. I read some really good reviews for the mediabridge sub cables so I figured I would give it a go. I may try to run (1) 25 foot sub cable direct to see if that eliminates the issue.

My next step is http://www.jensen-transformers.com/datashts/sub1rr.pdf

I went from trying optimal bass setup to having this hum issue.
post #16873 of 16874 Old Today, 02:42 PM

Location makes a big difference, I've notice this just recently when setting up my E15HP in my new place, it felt weak and rather disappointing. I had it near field and then against the front wall on the right side then I moved it to the front left and no wall against it and the bass came alive, literally moving it 5 ft to the right made a massive difference. How big is your space? Maybe you need to run duals ?

Sierra-2 LCR
HTM-200 rears
Rythmik E15HP
Anthem MRX-300
Samsung 8550 UHD
post #16874 of 16874 Old Today, 05:07 PM

I will post a picture of my room shortly. For now I have to get this interference issue under control.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page