post #16951 of 16959 Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipless View Post
Thank you SO much to all of those who took the time to respond. I really appreciate your insight. Based on both Brian's and JT's responses below (as well as tidbits from the others), I am going to return the SB2000s and go with a single FV15HP

Thanks again, I am excited to become a Rythmik owner.
Congratulations. Your doing it right the first time around. I had to learn the hard way and went through a handful of subs before getting the FV15HP. It's simply on another level when compared to the lower tier subs.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16952 of 16959 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
If the SB2000's provide all of the output or more than you will ever use, no. Are the FV15HP's worth the money for the performance you get from them, yes. It would take 5-6 SB2000's to equal the output of one FV15HP around port tune. Or, ten to twelve to match the output of dual FV15HP's around tune (16-30 Hz).
I would say If the SB2000's provide all of the output or more than you will ever use, then dual F12's or F12G's would be what I would move to if you want to move to Rythmik. You will end up with a product that will play lower and have more detail at lower volumes for Music. No need to spend big bucks if you don't need the SPL for movies.

Take my comments with a grain of salt as I only have 1 Paradigm Servo 15 in a 2000 cuf sealed room.

Edit: Guess I should of read to the end before I commented back. Welcome to the Rythmik family, I hope to join one day soon.
post #16953 of 16959 Old Today, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
If size isn't a constraint there is little acoustical benefit to a sealed sub if comparing it to a ported sub that is of good quality like an SVS or Rhythmik. You are however giving up output with a sealed design.
I'm afraid you have made a mistake by going sealed so even dual pb2000 would be a noticeable improvement. So from there it's just a matter of how much more you're willing to spend. If you can easily afford dual FV15P then you would almost certainly be done with your search and have nothing left to do but enjoy.
Chipless---While in your case a ported sub does seem the way to go, and contrary to Bond 007's above comment, if a sealed sub didn't have the advantage over a ported one IN SOME WAYS AND IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES, Brian wouldn't design them, Rythmik wouldn't make them, and no one would buy them. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages, and each may be a better choice than the other in any particular application. Sealed subs have measurably and audibly lower group-delay (ringing) than do ported (though the Rythmik Servo-Feedback system minimizes the difference), and better take advantage of the room gain of smaller volumes. They also have a slower, shallower low-frequency roll-off below resonance, ultimately playing lower in frequency than a comparable ported. Greatest SPL output at a ported sub's tuning frequency is NOT the only criteria by which to judge and choose a subwoofer---it depends on one's priorities. Bond's reasoning could, in a similar fashion, lead one to the conclusion that horn-type loudspeakers are the best, simply because they are the most sensitive and efficient. What about transparency, scale, imaging, and lack of vowel coloration? The award goes to planars! It's ultimately about knowing one's desires and needs, and prioritizing to get the sound one wants, isn't it?

Last edited by BDP24; Today at 03:49 AM.
post #16954 of 16959 Old Today, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
Chipless---While in your case a ported sub does seem the way to go, and contrary to Bond 007's above comment, if a sealed sub didn't have the advantage over a ported one IN SOME WAYS AND IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES, Brian wouldn't design them, Rythmik wouldn't make them, and no one would buy them. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages, and each may be a better choice than the other in any particular application. Sealed subs have measurably and audibly lower group-delay (ringing) than do ported (though the Rythmik Servo-Feedback system minimizes the difference), and better take advantage of the room gain of smaller volumes. They also have a slower, shallower low-frequency roll-off below resonance, ultimately playing lower in frequency than a comparable ported. Greatest SPL output at a ported sub's tuning frequency is NOT the only criteria by which to judge and choose a subwoofer---it depends on one's priorities. Bond's reasoning could, in a similar fashion, lead one to the conclusion that horn-type loudspeakers are the best, simply because they are the most sensitive and efficient. What about transparency, scale, imaging, and lack of vowel coloration? The award goes to planars! It's ultimately about knowing one's desires and needs, and prioritizing to get the sound one wants, isn't it?
I said "little" acoustical benefit. Those nitpicks are little imo and none of them have any relevance in Chipless case.
post #16955 of 16959 Old Today, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
The FV15HP has more output below 16hz, but from 16-20hz the PB13-Ultra has the edge (very slight edge). Once they both hit 30hz the Rythmik starts to pull away above that. These numbers are when the PB13 is in 15hz mode and the FV15HP in one port mode. I pulled this information from the static graphs on data-bass.com. Another comparison I looked at was 20hz mode for the PB and two port mode for the Rythmik. Looks like the PB has an edge from 20-25hz, but from 16-20hz and once again above 30hz the FV pulls away.
Yes but the FV15HP was tested with the limiter off...so I wonder how much output it would of put out with the limiter on? It is only apples to apples to compare both subs with the limiter engaged. I would be willing to bet due to this the output is very close between the 2 subs. I still think the FV presents a better value.
post #16956 of 16959 Old Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Yes but the FV15HP was tested with the limiter off...so I wonder how much output it would of put out with the limiter on? It is only apples to apples to compare both subs with the limiter engaged. I would be willing to bet due to this the output is very close between the 2 subs. I still think the FV presents a better value.
Good point. Maybe Brian can chime in and answer this.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #16957 of 16959 Old Today, 08:49 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

The limiter is around one db difference. The amplifier H600 (class H) does not have so-called digital clipping noise (which sound like to frightening metallic clash noise if you ever test any digital amp without limiter and that is what SVS amps and other digital amps try to avoid). So customers actually can turn the limiter OFF on our H600 amps without hearing any metallic noise. Our clipping noise will be mostly sound like a large bird beating wings. So there is no way you can get an apple to apple comparison between these subs. There are other difference, but I won't go into detail.
post #16958 of 16959 Old Today, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
The limiter is around one db difference. The amplifier H600 (class H) does not have so-called digital clipping noise (which sound like to frightening metallic clash noise if you ever test any digital amp without limiter and that is what SVS amps and other digital amps try to avoid). So customers actually can turn the limiter OFF on our H600 amps without hearing any metallic noise. Our clipping noise will be mostly sound like a large bird beating wings. So there is no way you can get an apple to apple comparison between these subs. There are other difference, but I won't go into detail.
Thanks for the reply. I wondered because when I looked at the Max long term power they both are very close. Slight edge to the PB around 18 & 40hz and slight edge for the FV from 22-32hz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FV vs PB.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	378377  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer