Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 567 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 103Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #16981 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 178
People don't realize that this is another advantage of Rythmik subs. The amplifiers are rich in features and folks can literally tailor the sound to exactly what they are after or damn near close to it.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's

Last edited by JT78681; Yesterday at 09:21 AM.
JT78681 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16982 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,394
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1685
Can you not do the same with eq devices such as the mini dsp?
basshead81 is offline  
post #16983 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Can you not do the same with eq devices such as the mini dsp?
Yes of course you can, but this is an additional purchase. Does the mini dsp allow you to tighten up the bass?

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #16984 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform that we have a Facebook page!! Feel free to visit us and "Like" at https://www.facebook.com/rythmikaudio

If you want to post a photo of your Rythmik Audio subwoofer or setup, please send the photo to me at tech@rythmikaudio.com with model and brief description of your system. Gladly I will post it.

Thank you guys for all your support!!!

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

 

My Multimedia Room Gallery

enricoclaudio is offline  
post #16985 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform that we have a Facebook page!! Feel free to visit us and "Like" at https://www.facebook.com/rythmikaudio

If you want to post a photo of your Rythmik Audio subwoofer or setup, please send the photo to me at tech@rythmikaudio.com with model and brief description of your system. Gladly I will post it.

Thank you guys for all your support!!!
Email sent!

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #16986 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Exclusively Servo
 
Rythmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Can you not do the same with eq devices such as the mini dsp?

This is same trade-off with camera controls between the point and shoot camera and DSLR. Our controls are right on the panel. What you see is what you get. Clear and simple. Users do not have to memorize what he has done a week ago, or 6 months ago, or going through the multi-layer menu just to find out what he had set before or even just change the extension.

Aside from that. all the damping control and extension control on our panel have time domain meaning. We can plot it using impulse reponse and you can see high damping has shorter tail. If you use mini-DSP, can it tell you what damping it has used? Can it make impulse response shorter or longer? Mini-DSP is designed to tackle the room problem. Our controls are for controlling right out-of-box frequency response. There is no conflict between the two. We should not even say or hint one is the replacement for another. rcohen uses REW for room EQ and yet he still finds our controls have their value. That is from an actual user experience perspective.



-
basshead81 likes this.

Last edited by Rythmik; Yesterday at 06:31 PM.
Rythmik is offline  
post #16987 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Email sent!
Thanks!! I posted it

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

 

My Multimedia Room Gallery

enricoclaudio is offline  
post #16988 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Member
 
klh1790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform that we have a Facebook page!! Feel free to visit us and "Like" at https://www.facebook.com/rythmikaudio

If you want to post a photo of your Rythmik Audio subwoofer or setup, please send the photo to me at tech@rythmikaudio.com with model and brief description of your system. Gladly I will post it.

Thank you guys for all your support!!!
I sent you an email as well!
klh1790 is offline  
post #16989 of 16989 Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 6,394
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
This is same trade-off with camera controls between the point and shoot camera and DSLR. Our controls are right on the panel. What you see is what you get. Clear and simple. Users do not have to memorize what he has done a week ago, or 6 months ago, or going through the multi-layer menu just to find out what he had set before or even just change the extension.

Aside from that. all the damping control and extension control on our panel have time domain meaning. We can plot it using impulse reponse and you can see high damping has shorter tail. If you use mini-DSP, can it tell you what damping it has used? Can it make impulse response shorter or longer? Mini-DSP is designed to tackle the room problem. Our controls are for controlling right out-of-box frequency response. There is no conflict between the two. We should not even say or hint one is the replacement for another. rcohen uses REW for room EQ and yet he still finds our controls have their value. That is from an actual user experience perspective.



-

makes sense and thanks for the explanation!! I have not tried using my mini dsp to accomplish this, hence why I asked. I do like the idea of being able to adjust the Q on the bass response on the panel. I was just curious if the dsp was capable of doing this because I wanted to try it on my setup.
basshead81 is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off