Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 575 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 115Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #17221 of 17233 Unread 12-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Member
 
ah_1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Are you using the Velodynes with the FVs?
I am currently. Only two of the Velodynes though. It was tough getting them to play nicely. It took a few hours of phase adjustments. But I still think there is a lot more room for improvement.

Television: Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2010
Speakers: Energy RC-70's, RC-LCR, RC-10 (4), Rythmik FV15HP (2) and Velodyne VDR-12 (3),
ah_1014 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17222 of 17233 Unread Today, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
For those of you who have receivers with Audyssey, specifically XT32, do you set your gain on your sub(s) to acheive 75db or 80db prior to running through the calibration process? Also, do you bump your center channel up any after calibration? If so, by how much?

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17223 of 17233 Unread Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
For those of you who have receivers with Audyssey, specifically XT32, do you set your gain on your sub(s) to acheive 75db or 80db prior to running through the calibration process? Also, do you bump your center channel up any after calibration? If so, by how much?
I set the gain on my subs at 78dB prior to Audyssey, then after calibration I increase the subwoofer level in my receiver by +6dB (hot). For movies my center channel is +3dB over what Audyssey set for the center channel. For music I don't use my receiver (Marantz SR7008), I do use for music a Parasound Halo P5.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

 

My Multimedia Room Gallery

enricoclaudio is offline  
post #17224 of 17233 Unread Today, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 136
JT, Do you not use the gain match technique? I used to bump my center a couple db but after using the subs distance tweak to flatten the dip at xover point for my center, I no longer need to as it is crisp and clear now. You will need REW to use the subs distance tweak though.
tvuong is online now  
post #17225 of 17233 Unread Today, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
JT, Do you not use the gain match technique? I used to bump my center a couple db but after using the subs distance tweak to flatten the dip at xover point for my center, I no longer need to as it is crisp and clear now. You will need REW to use the subs distance tweak though.
I do yes at the beginning of calibration it asks me to lower the gain on each sub to acheive 75db, but I shoot for closer to 80db. Seems like most of the reading I have done people start at about 80db for the subs and adjust from there after calibration. That's what I shoot for and then boost both about 6db.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17226 of 17233 Unread Today, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 136
If you use gain match and the reading is 80db in the first Aud step, you should be ok. What does Aud set your subs trims at?
tvuong is online now  
post #17227 of 17233 Unread Today, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
If you use gain match and the reading is 80db in the first Aud step, you should be ok. What does Aud set your subs trims at?
-11

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17228 of 17233 Unread Today, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 136
^^ same value for both subs? even you aimed at 80db on the first Aud step, aud set your trim at -11 which makes it at 75db at this trim level. That first step is just to make sure you are within the +-12 sub trim range.
tvuong is online now  
post #17229 of 17233 Unread Today, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ same value for both subs? even you aimed at 80db on the first Aud step, aud set your trim at -11 which makes it at 75db at this trim level. That first step is just to make sure you are within the +-12 sub trim range.
Yeah both subs showed -11 after calibration.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17230 of 17233 Unread Today, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 136
^^ your subs must be at exact same distance to MLP then if both of the gain on your subs are at the same spot. In my case, using gain match, Aud never set subs trim to be the same, usually they are about 0.5 to 1.5db difference.
tvuong is online now  
post #17231 of 17233 Unread Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ your subs must be at exact same distance to MLP then if both of the gain on your subs are at the same spot. In my case, using gain match, Aud never set subs trim to be the same, usually they are about 0.5 to 1.5db difference.
Both subs are equidistant to the MLP.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17232 of 17233 Unread Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 201
When are you going to come to Austin on business, so you can stop by with a mic and REW? Your not too far from me.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #17233 of 17233 Unread Today, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,929
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 136
^^ work has not sent me there.
tvuong is online now  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off