Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 582 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 139Likes

post #17431 of 17435 Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
The only other thing I can think of is that multiple subs can result in more seat to seat consistency.

I'm not sure why "only one" room mode isn't a concern, though. The main concern with room modes is when you have nulls. Peaks are easier to deal with.
When I added my second sub I definitely gained more seat to seat excitement throughout the room.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17432 of 17435 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
The only other thing I can think of is that multiple subs can result in more seat to seat consistency.

I'm not sure why "only one" room mode isn't a concern, though. The main concern with room modes is when you have nulls. Peaks are easier to deal with.
Thanks for the response, man.

I haven't measured, but using a room mode calculator, in theory I'm supposed to have a 63 hz 1st axial width mode. If I understand correctly, if a place one subwoofer in the pressure minimum of the mode, it won't excite the mode and there won't be a room mode null at the listening position, as our couch can be moved frontwards or backwards to stay away from the length modes. From what I understand, I could also use 2 subwoofers to mitigate that room mode by placing one subwoofer on the left side of the room at the high pressure region of the mode and one on the right side of the room at the high pressure region of the same mode to cancel it out.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=48286

After I get the sub and am able to do measurements, I may find sub 80hz room modes at the second axial width mode as well, but as of right now it looks as though I could place one sub in the middle of the front or back wall and cancel out that mode that would hinder my subwoofer performance at the listening position.

As of right now it looks like I'm leaning toward the F12 and if after I measure and happen to come across another sub 80hz mode, I will pick up another F12 down the road.

Thanks for the input.
post #17433 of 17435 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
Thanks for the response, man.

I haven't measured, but using a room mode calculator, in theory I'm supposed to have a 63 hz 1st axial width mode. If I understand correctly, if a place one subwoofer in the pressure minimum of the mode, it won't excite the mode and there won't be a room mode null at the listening position, as our couch can be moved frontwards or backwards to stay away from the length modes. From what I understand, I could also use 2 subwoofers to mitigate that room mode by placing one subwoofer on the left side of the room at the high pressure region of the mode and one on the right side of the room at the high pressure region of the same mode to cancel it out.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=48286

After I get the sub and am able to do measurements, I may find sub 80hz room modes at the second axial width mode as well, but as of right now it looks as though I could place one sub in the middle of the front or back wall and cancel out that mode that would hinder my subwoofer performance at the listening position.

As of right now it looks like I'm leaning toward the F12 and if after I measure and happen to come across another sub 80hz mode, I will pick up another F12 down the road.

Thanks for the input.
If you have a closed rectangular room, the free REW room simulator is helpful for experimenting with different placement and numbers of subs.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...o-support.html
post #17434 of 17435 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
do Rythmik subs still come with "stick-on" feet?
post #17435 of 17435 Old Today, 01:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPixel View Post
do Rythmik subs still come with "stick-on" feet?
Although the theory may be suspect by some here, check out the Symposium Acoustics website for info on their "Rollerblock" isolation footers. The idea behind them is endorsed by master recording engineer Brian Diamont, who has implemented the design under his monitor speaker system, which is Magneplanars with subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer