Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 582 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 142Likes
post #17431 of 17444 Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
The only other thing I can think of is that multiple subs can result in more seat to seat consistency.

I'm not sure why "only one" room mode isn't a concern, though. The main concern with room modes is when you have nulls. Peaks are easier to deal with.
When I added my second sub I definitely gained more seat to seat excitement throughout the room.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17432 of 17444 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
The only other thing I can think of is that multiple subs can result in more seat to seat consistency.

I'm not sure why "only one" room mode isn't a concern, though. The main concern with room modes is when you have nulls. Peaks are easier to deal with.
Thanks for the response, man.

I haven't measured, but using a room mode calculator, in theory I'm supposed to have a 63 hz 1st axial width mode. If I understand correctly, if a place one subwoofer in the pressure minimum of the mode, it won't excite the mode and there won't be a room mode null at the listening position, as our couch can be moved frontwards or backwards to stay away from the length modes. From what I understand, I could also use 2 subwoofers to mitigate that room mode by placing one subwoofer on the left side of the room at the high pressure region of the mode and one on the right side of the room at the high pressure region of the same mode to cancel it out.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=48286

After I get the sub and am able to do measurements, I may find sub 80hz room modes at the second axial width mode as well, but as of right now it looks as though I could place one sub in the middle of the front or back wall and cancel out that mode that would hinder my subwoofer performance at the listening position.

As of right now it looks like I'm leaning toward the F12 and if after I measure and happen to come across another sub 80hz mode, I will pick up another F12 down the road.

Thanks for the input.
post #17433 of 17444 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
Thanks for the response, man.

I haven't measured, but using a room mode calculator, in theory I'm supposed to have a 63 hz 1st axial width mode. If I understand correctly, if a place one subwoofer in the pressure minimum of the mode, it won't excite the mode and there won't be a room mode null at the listening position, as our couch can be moved frontwards or backwards to stay away from the length modes. From what I understand, I could also use 2 subwoofers to mitigate that room mode by placing one subwoofer on the left side of the room at the high pressure region of the mode and one on the right side of the room at the high pressure region of the same mode to cancel it out.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=48286

After I get the sub and am able to do measurements, I may find sub 80hz room modes at the second axial width mode as well, but as of right now it looks as though I could place one sub in the middle of the front or back wall and cancel out that mode that would hinder my subwoofer performance at the listening position.

As of right now it looks like I'm leaning toward the F12 and if after I measure and happen to come across another sub 80hz mode, I will pick up another F12 down the road.

Thanks for the input.
If you have a closed rectangular room, the free REW room simulator is helpful for experimenting with different placement and numbers of subs.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...o-support.html
post #17434 of 17444 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
do Rythmik subs still come with "stick-on" feet?
post #17435 of 17444 Old Today, 01:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPixel View Post
Although the theory may be suspect by some here, check out the Symposium Acoustics website for info on their "Rollerblock" isolation footers. The idea behind them is endorsed by master recording engineer Barry Diament, who has implemented the design under his monitor speaker system, which is Magneplanars with subs.

Last edited by BDP24; Today at 06:05 AM.
post #17436 of 17444 Old Today, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Brian was gracious enough to once again stop by my house to trouble shoot an issue. Top notch customer service right there. Sorry Brian for the awkward angle.
Ok now that's what I call bending over backwards & unparalleled customer service.

Seriously, I honestly don't see why more ID co take this approach if they really, really believe & stand by their product. It's about 100% commitment & dedication that says: "You're in good hands with Allstate". Especially when we spend upwards from 10K-30K-50K+ over our lifetime times that by the millions of house hold.

It's more than just a hobby today in 2015 it's a lifestyle that is so integrated to our existence like food, shelter, marriage, work, etc which is what it's like for most of us here on AVS. We shell out serious bills for what others spend in customizing their exotic cars & homes.

Right guys? I mean look at the state of audio/video today vs 1995 when DVD & big screen TV was born. Since then it's all evolving like wildfire with other modern devices such as iphones, ipads, PC's,laptop, tablets. Wait, there's more,.. now wearable tech like smart watches, Google glass to the point where we can't live without it even more a minute. And the age demographic using & needing all of this is mind boggling today starting as young as they can ride a bike to a 90 yr old retiree.

Admit it,..we freak out the instance our ISP is down, cell phone out of battery, cable disconnected, etc with serious withdrawal if those things are not up & running right away. And all of this is connected or linked to our TV's and audio gear wireless/blue tooth. So how relieved & sweet it is to have a Brian come to your home deliver your "heroine/crack" tech remedy. I sure would heck yes.

I know this is getting off topic in a Rythmik thread but you see the point I'm going with this. This ginormous tech pie as Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, LG, Sony all want every house hold to have their tech products serving their every usage from tv-music-Xbox/Ps4-internet-phone-lighting-appliances all linked n connected to each other like secondary family am I right?

Now imagine what Brian from Rythmik did,..if somebody from Apple, MS or LG going to homes with a live human in person customer tech support to walk you through & troubleshoot. It may sound extreme but the ever compounding fierce competition to bring a central tech hub in every household is up for a big billion dollar slice of pie.
post #17437 of 17444 Old Today, 11:10 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj325is View Post
Any news on the L12? I'm an apartment dweller and I think all the existing models would be overkill (as far as my neighbors are concerned, anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Does Rythmik plan to offer anything in between the LV12R and the F12? It's a big jump from $569 to $874.

We are almost there for L12. We expect them to be available mid March. I know many of you are disappointed. I will introduce L12 (roughly a 14" cube) and L22 (14"x14"x27"H with dual 12" driver) at the same time. The model between LV12R and F12 in the future is the LVX12 ported sub. This one will probably take a bit longer (up to end of April). FVX15, replacing older FV15 regular power, should be ready by end of Feb. The price will be $1049 including shipping. Introduction price will be $999. The model features a new DS1502 driver and a 400WMRS amp. It has the same enclosure size and design as our FV15HP sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWoodenBoy View Post
Sorry if I missed it. That's a lot of thread. Is there any common wisdom on a good cabinet volume for the DS800 ci? The possibility of a narrower cabinet is appealing to my wife and our small home.

Thanks,
Mike

We recommend 0.7 cu ft per driver.
post #17438 of 17444 Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just ordered up my Fv15hp today How do I set the sub up for the flattest frequency response when I run my anthem arc? I assume something along the lines of my Hsu with one port plugged and a high Q?
post #17439 of 17444 Old Today, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPixel View Post
I believe all Rythmik subs now come with screw-in feet, but having experience with only one model, perhaps others will chime in to confirm.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #17440 of 17444 Old Today, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohngt View Post
Just ordered up my Fv15hp today How do I set the sub up for the flattest frequency response when I run my anthem arc? I assume something along the lines of my Hsu with one port plugged and a high Q?
John,

I believe each dampening setting offers a fairly flat frequency response, but of course the room, placement, etc.... typically plays a big part on just how flat everything turns out. Others will have to chime in about Anthem because I don't have any experience with it. I've tinkered with all the settings the amplifier has to offer and I like one port plugged with high dampening myself.
turbojohngt likes this.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Infinity P363's, PC351, P153's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #17441 of 17444 Old Today, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
If you have a closed rectangular room, the free REW room simulator is helpful for experimenting with different placement and numbers of subs.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...o-support.html
Thanks for this. It looks like I will need two subs. I appreciate all the help.
post #17442 of 17444 Old Today, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
John,

I believe each dampening setting offers a fairly flat frequency response, but of course the room, placement, etc.... typically plays a big part on just how flat everything turns out. Others will have to chime in about Anthem because I don't have any experience with it. I've tinkered with all the settings the amplifier has to offer and I like one port plugged with high dampening myself.
Sounds pretty much like my vtf-15h, one port plugged with Q set at 7.
post #17443 of 17444 Old Today, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So no sealed sub between the LV12R and F12. Bummer. I will await this L12 and see how it stacks up
post #17444 of 17444 Unread Today, 06:40 PM

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the shipping box for a fv15hp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page