Originally Posted by Soulburner
I would hope that the F12 would be more than "a little better" for $874. IMO, if the F12 was at $799 it would make a little more sense as there is such a big difference in price right now. It makes me question what I'm getting for my extra $300. Great products regardless, I'm going to end up with one of them eventually.
Well, a quick review of the specs and quick guides reveals some obvious differences:
1. A smaller physical size - which may factor into any WAF/placement issues.
2. A robust aluminum cone on the driver.
3. Higher quality driver with a cast aluminum basket.
4. High quality Class AB amplifier.
5. Lower extension (14Hz for the F12 vs. 19Hz for the LV12R).
6. Defeatable rumble filter.
7. More flexibility in the crossover slope choices.
8. Higher degree of damping available - Q 0.5, 0.7 and 1.1 vs. 0.8, 0.9 and 1.1 (the lower the Q value, the less ringing).
9. Parametric EQualization controls.
10. High Level inputs.
Only you can decide if the differences add value to you. For some people they do, for some they don't, I suppose.