Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 592 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 517Likes

post #17731 of 19877 Old 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I am still toying with placing the new fv15 I have a 17 x 13.4 living room. I have my mlp about 9.5 feet from the font wall where the two subs are sitting at about the 1/4 marks of the short wall. the left sub is getting boosted by ypo 5.5 and the right 1.5 any thoughts on just turning the volume up and running them on the hot side? do any of you have experience with the fv15 in a corner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17732 of 19877 Old 02-15-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch View Post
I am still toying with placing the new fv15 I have a 17 x 13.4 living room. I have my mlp about 9.5 feet from the font wall where the two subs are sitting at about the 1/4 marks of the short wall. the left sub is getting boosted by ypo 5.5 and the right 1.5 any thoughts on just turning the volume up and running them on the hot side? do any of you have experience with the fv15 in a corner?
My room is 18'x13.75' and I sit about 12' back because sitting closer (10'-12') puts me in a bass null that sucks out the bass. I have my single fv15hp mid point of the rear wall, about 3.5' behind me and it works very well there, mid damping 1 port. I tried the back corner where I had my Hsu vtf3mk2 and the rythmik got boomy.

Oppo BDP-105
Bryston 3B-ST 2ch on mains, Lexicon 512 5ch
PSB Stratus Gold mains, C6i center
Rythmik FV15HP
Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds
cheap energy rear speakers
post #17733 of 19877 Old 02-15-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxboy00 View Post
Sorry, for the confusion the sub will connected to the line level out of the pre-amp . . . a Modwright LS-100, as far a placement there are no real limitation on that.

I chose the F12G due to the paper cone driver, my understanding is that the "G" version is better for music than the aluminum cone driver, this is from Rythmik's web site.

As far as multiple subs I thought I would start with one and see how well I can get it dialed in before I compound the issues by trying to integrate two. I have tried using subs before but never was able to get them properly integrated into with out having bass boom issues.
Maxboy00,

I've got a single F12G and have it dialed in with the KEF eggs (E301) at 100Hz crossover. Very impressed with the performance of the F12G and haven't looked back.

When trying various sub placements, there's no good solution in dealing with the nulls and not much can be done with moving around the single sub or Main Listening Position (MLP). I'm now in process of ordering a 2nd F12G from Brian and working out delivery schedule. Once I have the 2nd F12G, I intend to use it to fill out the null(s) and obtain a smoother bass response. The peaks can be dealt with cuts in the REQ, nulls can only be effectively dealt with an additional sub.

I intend to gain match two subs once they are in the optimal position - which is the front wall of the new place.

Everyone's room is different so your mileage may vary (YMMV) - as the saying goes.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #17734 of 19877 Old 02-15-2015, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Hello, I'm new here and a 2 channel purist.

I have moved into a new space (20' X 14' X 8') dedicated room, I have excellent speakers (Selah Audio) and need some addition bass to fill the lager space. So either I get a full range pair of speaker or I need to add a sub or two. The bottom end of the Selah's are 45Hz and I thought of getting a F12G.

My main concern about adding sub woofers is integration so that it is seamless with no bass boom. This room is music only and sub would be connected to the L/R to my PA. So is the F12G a good choice for my application?

Much thanks for any suggestions.
I'm definitely a fan of good subs over full range speakers, even for music. moreso if you love your current speakers.

No Rythmik subs will cause boom, but your room might cause boom. If it does, you can deal with that via placement and/or EQ. In fact, the placement flexibility is one of the key benefits with using subs over full range speakers, although they can be trickier to set up.

All the Rythmik subs are exceptionally clean sounding, particularly the sealed models.

The key feature of the F12G is that it handles high frequencies better than some of the other models. If you will be crossing them at 120hz or lower, I don't think that's much of a concern. I'd focus more on output capability and consider getting 2 (with the associated discount). You should still get a major benefit from one, though.
post #17735 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Much thanks for the responses, they have been very helpful.

The room is treated with tri-bass traps on the opposite wall from the speakers placed in the corners and behind each speaker with two 244, for each speaker, GIK bass traps. I don't plan on additional treatments at time.

I have been opposed to using a sub (s) for a long time, but now know that a sub route is my best solution since getting either new/or used (full range) speakers are not in the cards, besides I do enjoy both pairs of speakers from Selah.

I have been researching subs for some time now and keep coming back to Rythmik. Also conclude that two subs are going to be more beneficial than a single sub and I have also read to place the subs facing each other (on opposite walls) and with each out if phase, meaning one set to zero and the other at 180.

As far as bass boom is concern, my overall goal is to get the sub sound like a natural extension of my mains, meaning the sub disappears and is not noticeable. I think I should get one ordered and try it out.
post #17736 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 76
great tips all-around but our ears are not perfect. A usb Mic and some software will go a long way to setup your room.
post #17737 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Much thanks for the responses, they have been very helpful.

The room is treated with tri-bass traps on the opposite wall from the speakers placed in the corners and behind each speaker with two 244, for each speaker, GIK bass traps. I don't plan on additional treatments at time.

I have been opposed to using a sub (s) for a long time, but now know that a sub route is my best solution since getting either new/or used (full range) speakers are not in the cards, besides I do enjoy both pairs of speakers from Selah.

I have been researching subs for some time now and keep coming back to Rythmik. Also conclude that two subs are going to be more beneficial than a single sub and I have also read to place the subs facing each other (on opposite walls) and with each out if phase, meaning one set to zero and the other at 180.

As far as bass boom is concern, my overall goal is to get the sub sound like a natural extension of my mains, meaning the sub disappears and is not noticeable. I think I should get one ordered and try it out.
Setting up subs out of phase for something like a double bass array is very tricky to get right, and requires a room that is nearly acoustically symmetrical. It doesn't hurt to try it, but for 2 subs, I've had the best luck with time aligned/in phase and either opposite corners, or on center positions on the longer dimension. Opposite corners is much more efficient, but opposite center positions gives better natural response and better seat-to-seat consistency. It depends on whether you need the extra efficiency (i.e. a big room.)

If you have a closed, rectangular room, the REW room simulator is very useful for rapidly experimenting with placement options (and it's free). Of course, measurements are the best way to know.
post #17738 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepos View Post
My room is 18'x13.75' and I sit about 12' back because sitting closer (10'-12') puts me in a bass null that sucks out the bass. I have my single fv15hp mid point of the rear wall, about 3.5' behind me and it works very well there, mid damping 1 port. I tried the back corner where I had my Hsu vtf3mk2 and the rythmik got boomy.
It's easy to get a boomy (peaky) sound with corner loading if you don't correct with EQ. EQ can correct peaks quite effectively, though - just not nulls. For example, with subs in opposing corners, I had peaks but not nulls, and was able to achieve excellent results with EQ. If you are getting great results, though, no reason to change it. Near field placement can often give fantastic results, when that type of placement is available with your room layout.

Since you are so close to the back wall, I would recommend adding room treatments there to help with higher frequencies, if you haven't already.
post #17739 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
It's easy to get a boomy (peaky) sound with corner loading if you don't correct with EQ. EQ can correct peaks quite effectively, though - just not nulls. For example, with subs in opposing corners, I had peaks but not nulls, and was able to achieve excellent results with EQ. If you are getting great results, though, no reason to change it. Near field placement can often give fantastic results, when that type of placement is available with your room layout.

Since you are so close to the back wall, I would recommend adding room treatments there to help with higher frequencies, if you haven't already.
I don't run eq or processing at all other than the PEQ on the sub but am watching the miniDSP 88a thread with interest. I have moderate room treatment with sound panels on the front and side walls and half height bass traps in the front corners because my mains are wider apart and closer to the side walls than ideal. I don't have rear wall treatment yet as my other panels kill reflection but that's a good point, I might try moving a couple back there to see how much difference it makes. The biggest and absolutely crucial improvement I got was capturing reflections off the full height side wall, my brother was sitting in the LP when I walked in with the panel and was astonished with the difference it made. I'm thinking of dispersion off the rear wall rather than trapping but I'm trying to avoid further $$$. I set up the sub best for the LP and let the other seating take a bit of a hit because I'm honestly the only one who notices. Some day if the CDN $ recovers back near parity I'll likely get a second FV15HP. I wish I would have gone for the F15HP and gotten two, the FV seems to have more than enough power for my room so the lower purchase and shipping costs could have been put toward two subs. But until then I'm not hurting, the bass sounds great especially at the MLP.

Back OT the corner loading with a single sub gave a couple of very big peaks, around 40Hz IIRC and another higher frequency that I can't remember. The mid wall placement is far smoother with a small 20Hz or so peak that I enjoy and a small 40-50Hz dip that I PEQ out some. I keep it on the rear wall to keep mid bass slam up a bit and it's pretty good. I'm on a concrete slab with thin carpet so I don't get floor vibration but the couch shakes like the dickens and the room pressurizes easily.

Oppo BDP-105
Bryston 3B-ST 2ch on mains, Lexicon 512 5ch
PSB Stratus Gold mains, C6i center
Rythmik FV15HP
Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds
cheap energy rear speakers
post #17740 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 180
for the moment i'll just turn the volume up. the Yamaha has a r/l or and mono configuration I can play with. When the wife processes her pile of baby junk in the back of the room, i'll try opposite corners and see how ypo eqs the system. I had them mid long wall, but we were in a null and I think I was too close to the right sub pointing at me so I felt an uncomfortable pressure and sometime would hear bass out of sync with the Fonts. I can't really do center on the rear wall since the subs are just to big.

would the rew simulator handle a 7X6 open door way?
post #17741 of 19877 Old 02-16-2015, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
As soon as I get some time to pop some movies in (between work and poor sleeping 1-year old....) I'll post my thoughts! I'll try to put up some basic SMS measurements of the two if I can still find the pics I took of my SubM's response.
Any report on this yet? I did listen to 3 submersiveHPs in a well treated room and like to hear your thought comparing one SubmersiveHP to one FV especially if you can do in the same room.
post #17742 of 19877 Old 02-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Any report on this yet? I did listen to 3 submersiveHPs in a well treated room and like to hear your thought comparing one SubmersiveHP to one FV especially if you can do in the same room.
A more relevant comparison would be two FV15HP's (or better yet, two F15HP's) versus one Submersive HP.
post #17743 of 19877 Old 02-17-2015, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ why 2 FVs v.s one SubmersiveHP? Cost?
post #17744 of 19877 Old 02-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
^^ why 2 FVs v.s one SubmersiveHP? Cost?

That's how I look at it.
post #17745 of 19877 Old 02-18-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Cost aside, I like to see a one to one comparison or better yet, dual to dual. That should be interesting if one can do in the same room. Hurry up @madhuski
post #17746 of 19877 Old 02-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Cost aside, I like to see a one to one comparison or better yet, dual to dual. That should be interesting if one can do in the same room. Hurry up @madhuski

So. here goes.

First off, I think I fall into the average listener category. I don't have a dedicated HT (My WAF friendly 7.1 living room ), and I don't listen at ear splitting levels. When I sit down with the squaw to watch a flick, we listen usually at -25 to -35 on the receiver.

First, how did I end up here -

1) I had a HSU VTF-15. It served my needs just fine. I didn't have any measuring equipement, but subjectively it did what I wanted

2) to see if I could shrink the giant black box, I replaced it with a SVS SB13. Again subjectively, I could tell right away there was something lacking. It would cause the pictures to rattle as the HSU did, but there was a missing viseceral impact on the big bass scenes.

3) Back to the big black box. I got caught up in the frenzy of the moment, and ended up buying a SubMersive HP. Nothing bad I can say about this sub. It was (all things consdiered) "small" and "light", and it brought back that visceral sensation and then some. Taking Mark's advice that if you're getting a sub of this caliber, you should have something to EQ it. So, I bought a Velodyne SMS. (So there are some basix measurements of the SubM in my room: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post26244249)

Subjectively again, the Seaton seemed to have better bass than the HSU. On the scenes where there weren't over the top LFE effects, the seaton seemed to sound, for lack of a beter term less bloated than the HSU. Not that the HSU sounded bloated at all, mind you, but it did seem to call attention to itself more than the seaton. The Seaton just seemed to reinforce the bass as it should.

I was perfectly happy with the Seaton, but then I found myself sitting there with ~$2700K invested in a Subwoofer and Velodyne SMS, whereas I was perfectly happy rpeviously with my HSU VTF and thought "hmm, I may be getting a tad ridiculous here. Especially given my listeing habits again

So I sold the Seaton; packaged up the Velodyne, and went looking for a sub to downsize to. I had settelled on the PSA XS30, since it seemed to be a Seaton light (shoutout to Tom V for being great in terms of putting up with all my questions), but then I had the chance to get a Piano Black Fv15hp - so I jumped at it. I wanted to hear a servo sub, and I liked the paino black finish.

After dealing with a ground loop for a few days (ended up being the cable coax), I've had it going for a week now. Its only seen two flicks (John Wick and Edge of Tommarrow), but I gotta say - I love it.

I'm not going to do a detailed review, because all I'm going to say is that to my ears its indistinguishable to the SubM. At the listening levels I do, I can't notice one differrence between the two. And this is without the SMS in the chin and any EQ it provides - just XT32. (I'll upack the SMS when I get somef ree time and post a pic of the Rythmik's response in my room.) but given the cost difference of $2400 Submersive + $300 SMS versus $1500 for a rythmik......for my situation it was a no brainer.
Snowmanick, JT78681 and basshead81 like this.
post #17747 of 19877 Old 02-19-2015, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ Thanks for taking the time. Glad it works out for you.
post #17748 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So. here goes.

First off, I think I fall into the average listener category. I don't have a dedicated HT (My WAF friendly 7.1 living room ), and I don't listen at ear splitting levels. When I sit down with the squaw to watch a flick, we listen usually at -25 to -35 on the receiver.

1) I had a HSU VTF-15. It served my needs just fine. I didn't have any measuring equipement, but subjectively it did what I wanted

2) to see if I could shrink the giant black box, I replaced it with a SVS SB13. Again subjectively, I could tell right away there was something lacking. It would cause the pictures to rattle as the HSU did, but there was a missing viseceral impact on the big bass scenes.

3) Back to the big black box. I got caught up in the frenzy of the moment, and ended up buying a SubMersive HP. Nothing bad I can say about this sub. It was (all things consdiered) "small" and "light", and it brought back that visceral sensation and then some. Taking Mark's advice that if you're getting a sub of this caliber, you should have something to EQ it. So, I bought a Velodyne SMS. (So there are some basix measurements of the SubM in my room: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...l#post26244249)

Subjectively again, the Seaton seemed to have better bass than the HSU. On the scenes where there weren't over the top LFE effects, the seaton seemed to sound, for lack of a beter term less bloated than the HSU. Not that the HSU sounded bloated at all, mind you, but it did seem to call attention to itself more than the seaton. The Seaton just seemed to reinforce the bass as it should.

I was perfectly happy with the Seaton, but then I found myself sitting there with ~$2700K invested in a Subwoofer and Velodyne SMS, whereas I was perfectly happy rpeviously with my HSU VTF and thought "hmm, I may be getting a tad ridiculous here. Especially given my listeing habits again

So I sold the Seaton; packaged up the Velodyne, and went looking for a sub to downsize to. I had settelled on the PSA XS30, since it seemed to be a Seaton light (shoutout to Tom V for being great in terms of putting up with all my questions), but then I had the chance to get a Piano Black Fv15hp - so I jumped at it. I wanted to hear a servo sub, and I liked the paino black finish.

After dealing with a ground loop for a few days (ended up being the cable coax), I've had it going for a week now. Its only seen two flicks (John Wick and Edge of Tommarrow), but I gotta say - I love it.

I'm not going to do a detailed review, because all I'm going to say is that to my ears its indistinguishable to the SubM. At the listening levels I do, I can't notice one differrence between the two. And this is without the SMS in the chin and any EQ it provides - just XT32. (I'll upack the SMS when I get somef ree time and post a pic of the Rythmik's response in my room.) but given the cost difference of $2400 Submersive + $300 SMS versus $1500 for a rythmik......for my situation it was a no brainer.
I'm sure some/many/most Submersive owners feel differently than madhuski, but his conclusion brings to mind the idea that the "super" subs (Seaton, Funk, DIY with 18" drivers and 2,000 to 4,000 watt pro amps) are valued by their owners and those lusting for them in no small part because of their extremely high output capability at extremely low frequencies (below 15Hz). If you don't need it, that advantage (if they in fact truly do have it) may be moot. Having not heard any of them, my attitude is that I myself do not need that capability from a sub, and I wonder if they give up anything in finesse (which Rythmiks have in spades) to get it. The guys who extoll the virtues of super subs in their write-ups of sub shootouts list very different source material from that which I listen to (my Rythmiks are in a music-only system), and talk in terms very different from that which I listen for. The most telling (and unintentionally humorous) thing I read in one of the sub shootout reports was the writer mentioning he and other participants put in earplugs at a certain point in the day, because of the extremely high SPL. Judging sound quality with earplugs in?!).
It's no different than with speakers; I may place a high priority on transparency and lack of coloration in a loudspeaker, and therefore favor Electrostatic, Magnetic Planar, or Ribbon speakers. Another listener may value maximum SPL and/or dynamics above all else, and will therefore be better served by a high-sensitivity Dynamic (cone-driver) or Horn loudspeaker.

Last edited by BDP24; 02-20-2015 at 11:00 AM.
post #17749 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 431
^^^ BDP I'm glad you brought up other high end subwoofers digging deep with lots of output. That's what the FV15HP can do for about half the cost (maybe not quite as clean or effortless). It wouldn't surprise me if most FV owners were getting reasonable output down to 10hz. I'm sorry but that is nothing short of amazing coming from a ported subwoofer of it's size. It speaks volumes to the engineering from Brian that went into the FV15HP.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #17750 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
That's how I look at it.
comparing 2 subs to 1 gives the dual setup the advantage due to the ability to smooth room modes. So I do not see how you could make a accurate comparison unless you stack the duals.
JT78681 likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #17751 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 2519
Quote:
So. here goes.

Good deal! Pretty impressive to hear how well the FV15HP keeps up with the SubM. Sounds like you did not lose anything but gained money back in your pocket....win win!!
JT78681 likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #17752 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
comparing 2 subs to 1 gives the dual setup the advantage due to the ability to smooth room modes. So I do not see how you could make a accurate comparison unless you stack the duals.

You're missing an important point, bh81. Being able to place a pair of subs in two different locations is one of the things the same amount of money buys you (two Rythmiks vs. one Seaton), it's a reason for going that way. Yes it's an advantage---that's the point! The comparison should not be about one Rythmik vs. one Seaton, it should be about $3000 worth of Rythmik vs. $3000 worth of Seaton. Anyway, like I said, that's how I look at it. But yes, two stacked Rythmiks vs. one Seaton is another interesting comparison. So would four Rythmiks (in four room locations) vs. two Seatons!
post #17753 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
You're missing an important point, bh81. Being able to place a pair of subs in two different locations is one of the things the same amount of money buys you (two Rythmiks vs. one Seaton), it's a reason for going that way. Yes it's an advantage---that's the point! The comparison should not be about one Rythmik vs. one Seaton, it should be about $3000 worth of Rythmik vs. $3000 worth of Seaton. Anyway, like I said, that's how I look at it. But yes, two stacked Rythmiks vs. one Seaton is another interesting comparison. So would four Rythmiks (in four room locations) vs. two Seatons!
This may be a bold claim BD, but I think two FV15HP's would crush a single Submersive. Not a fair comparison in my book. I'm more interested in head to head especially considering the fact that the Submersive costs quite a bit more.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #17754 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ Agree 100%.
post #17755 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
This may be a bold claim BD, but I think two FV15HP's would crush a single Submersive. Not a fair comparison in my book. I'm more interested in head to head especially considering the fact that the Submersive costs quite a bit more.
Funny, isn't it? One person sees two Rythmiks vs. one Seaton as an unfair comparison, another sees one on one as unfair. If one wants to determine what he will be giving up by getting a Rythmik rather than a Seaton (and visa versa), then yes, one on one will tell you that. If one wants to know what $2500-$3000 worth of Rythmik will buy you vs. the same $ in a Seaton, then two Rythmiks vs. one Seaton will tell you that. Both are valid comparisons. I think it's important to keep in mind, however, that buying two Rythmiks allows one to locate them in different locations, a HUGE advantage over a single Seaton in one location. Why throw away that advantage? That's one of the benefits of buying two Rythmiks rather than a single Seaton, for approximately the same price, and a REAL good reason for doing so. I guess I'm looking at it from a very consumer-orientated viewpoint---what will spending $2500-$3000 for subs buy me?
Jacob B and rcohen like this.
post #17756 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Good deal! Pretty impressive to hear how well the FV15HP keeps up with the SubM. Sounds like you did not lose anything but gained money back in your pocket....win win!!

Thanks!

It matches up very well, but I think the key is my listening habits. I'm betting if I listened at reference or close to it I'd notice a difference. I'll post the SMS measurements of the Rythmik in my room - looks basically like the Seaton's measurements (granted both are around 80db)

My lesson learned is hanging around AVS too long is a easy way to spend money!
post #17757 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I believe one of the driver on one my FV15HP has failed. It makes a scratching sound when I press down on the driver. There is also static coming from the sub when playing back sources.

Any advice?

Television: Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2010
Speakers: Energy RC-70's, RC-LCR, RC-10 (4), Rythmik FV15HP (2) and Velodyne VDR-12 (3),
post #17758 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_1014 View Post
I believe one of the driver on one my FV15HP has failed. It makes a scratching sound when I press down on the driver. There is also static coming from the sub when playing back sources.

Any advice?
Contact Rythmik!

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #17759 of 19877 Old 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlocke View Post
Just pulled the trigger on my second Rythmik sub, this one is going to be a E15HP in piano black for the great room. I needed it as small as possible given the logistics and spousal requirements. It's going to replace an old Definitive 15". I'll post some pictures and details when it arrives!

-Dick Locke
No pics yet but the E15HP arrived this week and I got it set up yesterday. It's a heavy beast!

The box was gashed by UPS, but the subs are packed very well and the sub was undamaged. Based on limited/subjective impressions with music and "Edge of Tomorrow" the sub has passed the first set of tests!

More to come.

-Dick Locke
JT78681 likes this.
post #17760 of 19877 Old 02-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

nm

here are the SMS pics of the rythmik. no surprise that ~ 80db looks similar to the SubM. Plus a pic of the new dog, who should outweigh the rythmik by a good 100lbs in a year or two

edit: 1st pic is with the PEQ disabled. 2nd pic is with PEQ on with a boost @ 50 Hz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	558657   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	558665   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	558673  
JT78681 likes this.

Last edited by madhuski; 02-21-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page