Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 600 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 236Likes
post #17971 of 17978 Unread Today, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Rythmic, you need to do something about your distributor in Australia. Seriously, he is god damn useless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17972 of 17978 Unread Today, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
markvegas---If you read back through all the entries here, you'll find the topic of ground loop and light dimmer hum problems just like yours, and solutions for them. They seem to be common in systems hooked up to cable feeds, and of course rooms with those damn dimmers. DonH50 has provided some information and advise on low-noise dimmers in the past few months. It takes a while to read through this whole Rythmik forum, but it's time wisely invested!
Thanks for the info on the cheater plug as a means to test as this did solve the problem (all hum totally gone including when using dimmers!!

I fully agree after doing much more reading that I will be returning those cables...

As for long term solution to replace cheater plug, this was recommended that I try by Rythmik to replace my cheater plug for permanent solution: Emotiva CMX-2

I have ordered the CMX-2 and will test then report back.
post #17973 of 17978 Unread Today, 02:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Only 2 plugs

The CMX-6 looks good, but they need to give more space to those plugs. Some of the bigger AC adapters will hog 2 outlets on that thing.
post #17974 of 17978 Unread Today, 04:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Only 2 plugs

The CMX-6 looks good, but they need to give more space to those plugs. Some of the bigger AC adapters will hog 2 outlets on that thing.

The CMX-2 addresses the problem of "ground-loop hum" (caused by DC offset), the CMX-6 does not. It would appear that the CMX-6 is a six-outlet version of the two-outlet CMX-2, but it's actually not. They are made for different needs and applications.

Last edited by BDP24; Today at 04:27 AM.
post #17975 of 17978 Unread Today, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
The CMX-2 addresses the problem of "ground-loop hum" (caused by DC offset), the CMX-6 does not. It would appear that the CMX-6 is a six-outlet version of the CMX-2, but it's not. They are made for different needs and applications.
Exactly. I need the extra "DC Offset" capabilities to eliminate my hum.

Question... There is no actual surge protection built-in, it says it does have the following:

Load (total for both outlets):
15 amps continuous rating. Magnetic circuit breaker allows for short-term inrush current of up to 250% of rated load.

I have two different in-wall surge protection outlets that I could plug the CMX-2 into (will plug both FV15HP's into this CMX since they are located next to each other which is temporary as I only have mirrored sub-preouts and will separate them in future when I get new receiver with XT32/SubEQ).

Here are the two outlets I have and wonder if I should use either of them or if you think it will degrade the AC Power thus affecting either or both subs performance:

Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G Single Gang In-Wall Surge Protector

or

Leviton 5280 15-Amp, 125-Volt, Decora Plus Duplex Surge Suppressor Receptacle, Straight Blade, Industrial Grade, Self Grounding, Brown
post #17976 of 17978 Unread Today, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvegas View Post
Exactly. I need the extra "DC Offset" capabilities to eliminate my hum.

Question... There is no actual surge protection built-in, it says it does have the following:

Load (total for both outlets):
15 amps continuous rating. Magnetic circuit breaker allows for short-term inrush current of up to 250% of rated load.

I have two different in-wall surge protection outlets that I could plug the CMX-2 into (will plug both FV15HP's into this CMX since they are located next to each other which is temporary as I only have mirrored sub-preouts and will separate them in future when I get new receiver with XT32/SubEQ).

Here are the two outlets I have and wonder if I should use either of them or if you think it will degrade the AC Power thus affecting either or both subs performance:

Panamax MIW-SURGE-1G Single Gang In-Wall Surge Protector

or

Leviton 5280 15-Amp, 125-Volt, Decora Plus Duplex Surge Suppressor Receptacle, Straight Blade, Industrial Grade, Self Grounding, Brown
I also just read the following and it seems relevant to understanding whether or not two FV15HP's connected to a single CXM-2 would be overload for either of these two surge protection outlets...

What I read:

Learn the circuit mental ability of the main outlet you are using, along with the power requirements of the items you plan to plug directly into your Emotiva CMX-2 Precision AC Line Restoration and Common Mode Filter System. If the requirements from the items exceed the lap capacity, you are over-filling the circuit and creating a fire hazard.
post #17977 of 17978 Unread Today, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

The common wisdom amongst my crowd (hardcore perfectionist Hi-Fi guys) is that power amps (which the Rythmik subs contain, of course) are better plugged straight into the wall, not into a surge protector. They have a reputation for slightly choking the power-supply needs of amps, reducing ultimate dynamics and "slam". But that's from guys who want to eek the very last drop of performance out of their gear, possible danger-be-damned. If you live somewhere with lightning storms, etc., the risk may not be worth the difference, if any, to you.
post #17978 of 17978 Unread Today, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvegas View Post
I also just read the following and it seems relevant to understanding whether or not two FV15HP's connected to a single CXM-2 would be overload for either of these two surge protection outlets...

What I read:

Learn the circuit mental ability of the main outlet you are using, along with the power requirements of the items you plan to plug directly into your Emotiva CMX-2 Precision AC Line Restoration and Common Mode Filter System. If the requirements from the items exceed the lap capacity, you are over-filling the circuit and creating a fire hazard.
I don't know what "lap capacity" is, but I guess the question is, do two Rythmik H600 amps exceed the lap capacity, whatever that is, of one CMX-2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page