Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 611 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 285Likes

post #18301 of 18302 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys i just finished the calibration of my system ussing my avr multeq xt. If i want to check the calibrated db of my subwoofer using spl meter how to do that? My avr set it it +2.5db. I want to check if it is 75 to 78 db. Do i need to sit from my main sitting position and hold the spl? It seems that from my sitting position it gives me on 70db running pink noise from my avr. Tia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18302 of 18302 Old Today, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapsilog View Post
Guys i just finished the calibration of my system ussing my avr multeq xt. If i want to check the calibrated db of my subwoofer using spl meter how to do that? My avr set it it +2.5db. I want to check if it is 75 to 78 db. Do i need to sit from my main sitting position and hold the spl? It seems that from my sitting position it gives me on 70db running pink noise from my avr. Tia.
Hey. Audyssey is generally very good in setting spl levels if you follow their straight forward directions from the website. If you've done that, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You may just be sitting in a null and increasing the SPL of your sub may make it sound boomy in other areas.

You could do a couple of things. Do a subwoofer crawl to find the best placement for your sub or you could try moving your seating as well. You could buy a second sub and place them in opposite corners or opposite mid points of walls as wel.

However, their are those that like to run their subs hot, so you could increase your trim to +7.5 from + 2.5 and see how that sounds to you.

I hope that helps a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page