Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 612 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 287Likes
post #18331 of 18337 Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Just ordered a pair of Klipsch RF-82 II's to try out. I want to hear what a horn-loaded tweeter sounds like and I figured why not while they are on sale. If I don't like them I can return them. These will be strictly for movies.
I don't think you will be disappointed in them by any means, should be a nice upgrade. I do think your money would have been better spent on the high efficiency designs offered by RA or PSA. I know Klipsch claims extremely high efficiency from their speakers, but not sure they hold up under actual testing to those claims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18332 of 18337 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I don't think you will be disappointed in them by any means, should be a nice upgrade. I do think your money would have been better spent on the high efficiency designs offered by RA or PSA. I know Klipsch claims extremely high efficiency from their speakers, but not sure they hold up under actual testing to those claims.
I've heard that their numbers are a little inflated. To me they sound great. Crisp clear highs and the horns seem to cover more of the listening area than my Infinity's. It's like you can't really pinpoint where the sound is coming from. To me they are not too bright nor fatiguing as others have claimed. I have no doubt that speakers from PSA or Reaction would be better I just can't afford to spend 3x the amount of what I paid for the Klipsch to have a complete system from PSA or Reaction. To my ears these speakers sound great and play nicely with my FV15HP's. One big happy family.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II rest coming soon
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #18333 of 18337 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
I've heard that their numbers are a little inflated. To me they sound great. Crisp clear highs and the horns seem to cover more of the listening area than my Infinity's. It's like you can't really pinpoint where the sound is coming from. To me they are not too bright nor fatiguing as others have claimed. I have no doubt that speakers from PSA or Reaction would be better I just can't afford to spend 3x the amount of what I paid for the Klipsch to have a complete system from PSA or Reaction. To my ears these speakers sound great and play nicely with my FV15HP's. One big happy family.
Oh so you already have them trying them out? Cool. I also didn't realize they were that much cheaper than the ID options mentioned. If that's the case and you are happy with them, sounds like a win...congrats! Were you able to tell if they seem more efficient than the speakers you are replacing?
post #18334 of 18337 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 249
JT, what levels did Audyssey set them at? -4? What was it before with your Infinity? Those horn speakers sound better with extreme toe in. Try 45 degree or play with toe in position. Also, have them at least flush with your FVs if you have not already. Horn speakers with high compression tweeter seem to sound better at louder level. Try them at reference with the gun shot scene from Open Range and tell me what you think. Be prepare to feel that shot hitting your chest.
post #18335 of 18337 Old Today, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm not sure if these question are already answered about H600XLR3 amp. Really interested in getting the E15 with this option.
Please be patient guys. I had a headache while trying to make this simple to understand and I'm sure I have done a lousy job describing this.

I have a pre-pro and and a preamp that I use for Ht and 2 ch system. If I use XLR3 in dual mode, what would my connections look like?

My set up is

Sherwood 972 -> 7.1 preamp
Oppo 105 -> 7.1 preamp
2 Ch. Dac -> 7.1 preamp.
Everything is routed via 7.1 preamp (Bel Canto pre6)

So from my preamp, I would connect preamp LFE out -> LFE in of the sub?

1. how would I connect my L+R to XLR3 balanced in? In this case, the only remaining balanced input left is "L source in". Do i need to use some kind of a splitter if I use XLR3 in dual mode? DO I need to use 2 splitters? first to split the signal from L+R to sub and amp and then sum the Sub signal to a single input?
2. Do I need to level match the sub for 2 CH music using Radio Shack meter+output control behind the sub? And then rely upon my processors calibration to automatically adjust the Subwoofer trim?
3. Why can't this subwoofer have 3 XLR inputs as its name imply to make life simpler?:-) 2 for Mains and1 for LFE?

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend HTM200
Pre/Pro: Onkyo PR-SC5508,Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: D-sonic Magnum 7-3500
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch

Last edited by Sam1000; Today at 01:32 AM.
post #18336 of 18337 Unread Today, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
JT, what levels did Audyssey set them at? -4? What was it before with your Infinity? Those horn speakers sound better with extreme toe in. Try 45 degree or play with toe in position. Also, have them at least flush with your FVs if you have not already. Horn speakers with high compression tweeter seem to sound better at louder level. Try them at reference with the gun shot scene from Open Range and tell me what you think. Be prepare to feel that shot hitting your chest.
Yes, about -4. I want to say Audyssey set the Infinity's closer to 0. I'll have to try the toe in position. I don't have Open Range, but it's a good movie so maybe I'll buy it.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II rest coming soon
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #18337 of 18337 Unread Today, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
So from my preamp, I would connect preamp LFE out -> LFE in of the sub?
Yes.

Quote:
1. how would I connect my L+R to XLR3 balanced in? In this case, the only remaining balanced input left is "L source in". Do i need to use some kind of a splitter if I use XLR3 in dual mode? DO I need to use 2 splitters? first to split the signal from L+R to sub and amp and then sum the Sub signal to a single input?
Probably need to use an XLR summer to combine L+R into the sub. Also need to ensure the prepro is off when using the pre-amp, and switch sub fromn LFE to line-in, etc.

Quote:
2. Do I need to level match the sub for 2 CH music using Radio Shack meter+output control behind the sub? And then rely upon my processors calibration to automatically adjust the Subwoofer trim?
Yes. Yes.

Quote:
3. Why can't this subwoofer have 3 XLR inputs as its name imply to make life simpler?:-) 2 for Mains and1 for LFE?
It's the third-generation amp. Very few people try to do what you are doing so subs are not designed for this sort of complexity. You are essentially using one sub in two different systems. Making it easier for you would make it more costly for the vast majority of folk.

You might want to run the pre-amp through the AVR and see if you can really hear any difference. If not it would simplify things immensely.

Another alternative is to use an XLR switch box to switch sub inputs to the appropriate source.

HTH - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page