Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 616 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 303Likes
post #18451 of 18468 Old Today, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
Tvuong, I think you meant turn down the volume on the sub and then rerun the auto calibration. This way, AVR will find the gain of sub is a bit low and therefore increase the trim level and sending stronger signal to SUB.

Other things one can do include, try to set crossover higher so that higher frequency signals can be send to SUB. That will increase the sensitivity of auto on circuit. For instance, if AVR set crossover to 40hz, there won't be as much signal to SUB compared to the case if AVR set it to 80hz.
You are right, as always. I got it mixed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18452 of 18468 Old Today, 08:26 AM
Exclusively Servo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 106
For those wants to check L12 frequency response, here they are.

The phase information below 10hz for the last two plots are riddled with noise as the mic signal is too weak in that frequency range due to FR roll-off.

L22 will have the same frequency response which will not be repeated here. We have plenty L22 available now, ready to ship. L12 will be a while. Supplier is preparing a container load.

Last edited by Rythmik; Today at 08:02 PM.
post #18453 of 18468 Old Today, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 667
I did a lot of listening to the FVX15 last night and some this morning and could either way; open port or closed. I did feel with one closed things seemed "tighter" and more "controlled". Open gave a deeper bass and more body "feel," or what most people are accustomed to when listening to a sub. It would have helped so much more if I had someone plugging and unplugging for me so I could've listened uninterrupted. Once I get a good candidate from NF I'll give it another go. For now I think I'll keep one plugged. My old sub was ported so this provides me with a different sound from what I was used to. Last night I was in the experimental mode; tonight I'll be listening to other BDs just for the pleasure of listening.

My main demo disc last night was Michael Jackson's, This Is It. That is a well-mastered BD with tremendous bass. I played a few BD concerts, but some don't provide the kind of bass that creates the "puff" out of the ports that others do.
post #18454 of 18468 Old Today, 08:52 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak306 View Post
The SW-08-16FR has an Re of 11.6 ohms. So can the HX300 drive 4 or them?

Or put another way with the HX300 power amp: 1) which would play with less distortion, 3 drivers or 4 drivers at the same acoustic output? 2) which would play louder with the same distortion?

You are correct that SW08-16FR has Re of 11.6. You can drive up to 4 drivers. The main limit is clipping. In burst mode, the 4 driver solution will provide you more output. But in steady mode, both 3 drivers and 4 drivers give you about the same output.
post #18455 of 18468 Old Today, 08:54 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

My main demo disc last night was Michael Jackson's, This Is It. That is a well-mastered BD with tremendous bass. I played a few BD concerts, but some don't provide the kind of bass that creates the "puff" out of the ports that others do.

I got a couple of feedback from customers and posted them on our web site under FVX15 reviews. One of them had used a pair of JL F113 before. FVX15 does not give you typical ported sub sound unless you really push it hard.
post #18456 of 18468 Old Today, 08:59 AM
Exclusively Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak306 View Post
Brian,

I understand the desire for a lighter weight cone - less power needed. But I don't understand the need for higher Qts for OB operation. Can't the servo amp change the effective Qts just like it does the other TS parameters? (e.g. On your HF amps, you have a 3 position switch that changes both the low end cutoff freq and the system Q - I think.)
I have just posted L12 plots. While that is sealed operation, OB operation has similar characteristics.

The music mode is what you will get with low Qts system and the HT mode is what you will get with high Qts system. Notice the response difference at 20hz. Frankly speaking it is not an apple to apple comparison becasue there is an extra rumble filter that rolls off below 18hz. But the basic response contours are correct. High Qts can give you more output in the passband towards the cut-off corner frequency point. The difference can be quite dramatic. With servo, you get the raw output charateristic of high Qts driver, but you get the control of whatever Qts value you'd like to get in the actual FR plots.
post #18457 of 18468 Old Today, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
Tvuong, I think you meant turn down the volume on the sub and then rerun the auto calibration. This way, AVR will find the gain of sub is a bit low and therefore increase the trim level and sending stronger signal to SUB.

Other things one can do include, try to set crossover higher so that higher frequency signals can be send to SUB. That will increase the sensitivity of auto on circuit. For instance, if AVR set crossover to 40hz, there won't be as much signal to SUB compared to the case if AVR set it to 80hz.
Thanks Brian. And thanks again for working with me when I tried to order a few weeks ago.
post #18458 of 18468 Old Today, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Greetings, fellow Rythmik owners. I'm thinking about moving an LV12R into a small office in a desktop setup. The room is small (10x8x8).

Is this a bad idea that would prevent me from having tight bass? I've heard some things about sealed subwoofers being better for smaller rooms, but would a medium-sized ported subwoofer like the LV12R overpower a room like my office? They'll be mated with a pair of KEF Q100's if that makes a difference at all.
post #18459 of 18468 Old Today, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Not at all. It will just be underutilized
post #18460 of 18468 Old Today, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Not at all. It will just be underutilized
My old sealed Velodyne in my office died, so the 2 options I'm considering are move the LV12R into the office and get a FVX15 for the living room, or keep the LV12R where it's at and get an L12 for the office.

I'm thinking I gotta go big or go home.
post #18461 of 18468 Old Today, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Is it just for music? If it were my office, I'd get an L12. Small footprint, and I wouldn't feel like I'm not utilizing it's potential.
post #18462 of 18468 Old Today, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Is it just for music? If it were my office, I'd get an L12. Small footprint, and I wouldn't feel like I'm not utilizing it's potential.
Yes, it's just for music. It's tempting either way. I could spend $1000 and grab the FVX15 and upgrade both rooms in the process, or just $500 and have my office be set, wondering if I made a mistake. The only downside is in a room that small, the LV12R would take up a decent amount of space.
post #18463 of 18468 Old Today, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Or, get a 2nd LV12R and smooth the bass in your main room, and get an L12 for the office.
post #18464 of 18468 Unread Today, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Question...
I own dual rythmiks. One is the D15se and other is E15. Is it possible to run two different sources (2ch preamp output & output from HT receiver) into the two RCA line ins on the rythmik amp? Only one source of course would be played at a time.
post #18465 of 18468 Unread Today, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Or, get a 2nd LV12R and smooth the bass in your main room, and get an L12 for the office.
I've been off this board for awhile and have obviously missed a bunch. What is an L12? I don't see that model on the Rythmik web site.

For comparison I have an F12 in my living room.

Thanks,

Mike
post #18466 of 18468 Unread Today, 08:51 PM

HX300-8OB Question

I have recently finished building a pair of open baffle H-Frame bass modules using three SW-8-16FR drivers and an HX300-8OB amp per module.

The way I have my system set up I have two preamps, a Marantz AVR for movies and a Jolida Tube preamp for music.

Each preamp is connected to an inline filter with a by-pass circuit. The main signal is filtered through a capacitor to limit the low frequencies seen by the midrange/tweeter unit. The filtered signal is then connected to the power amp. The by-pass circuit sends a full range signal to the sub.

Both preamps will be connected to different inputs of the same power amp. The by-pass circuits will be connected to the sub.

Is it possible to connect one of the by-pass circuits to the sub with the RCA input and the other with the XLR input? Both preamps would not be on at the same time. The Marantz would be on when watching movies or TV and the Jolida would be on when listening to music.

Thanks,

Mike
post #18467 of 18468 Unread Today, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlundy57 View Post
I've been off this board for awhile and have obviously missed a bunch. What is an L12? I don't see that model on the Rythmik web site.

For comparison I have an F12 in my living room.

Thanks,

Mike
Think of it as an "economy" version of the F12, built similarly to and priced slightly under the LV12R.
post #18468 of 18468 Unread Today, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Think of it as an "economy" version of the F12, built similarly to and priced slightly under the LV12R.
Thanks. How much under? I was getting ready to get an LV12R for my daughter but an L12 might be a better fit for her room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page