Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 623 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 338Likes

Old Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlundy57 View Post
Thanks rak

It sounds like your first box had ~ 1.4 cu ft of interior space and you second would have had ~ 1.1 cu ft provided you used 3/4" material to build the subs with.

I'm trying to come up with a sub that will fit under my desk and mate with my LGK 1.0's. It would be nice to have it play down into the upper 20's but lower 30's would be acceptable.

Since this system will be playing while I am working and the sub will be almost literally sitting at my feet, high SPL's are not needed. A small footprint is. A single 8" driver would be fine except that as I understand it, the HX580 amp must have two drivers, one for each module.

The HX300-12S says it is for driving one 12" or 15" driver in a sealed box, I wonder if it could be used to drive one DS800-3 driver in a sealed box. If so, I could probably cut the internal volume down to 0.7 cu ft. That would fit in a 12" cube made out of 3/4" material which I could fit under my desk.

Am I on to something here or way off base?

Mike
Check in our website for the M7 CI Kit: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/DS800ci.html

With that CI Kit you can play down to 30Hz with a single DS800-3 driver and HX300 amp.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub