Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 652 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 459Likes

post #19531 of 19553 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I just had to give you a like for this post. I am so happy to see someone who did not use the word "of" where the proper word is "have". It seems every other post I read lately, people would "of" or should "of" done something. The only bigger pet peeve I have is when people say something like: what is "are" expected shipping date, rather than "our". I really don't see how those two words get confused.

I suppose I should of expected no different based on are education system.

Have you considered an AT screen? Maybe one that rolls up when not in use? Something I am going to look into, although not sure if I will be able to convince my better half to hang such an item in our living room.
As long as I'm grousing.....Zero is a number, O is a letter. Yes, in print the upper case letter O looks very much like a zero, but I'm speaking of their use in speach. A phone number is three/six/seven, four/zero/one/five, not three/six/seven, four/o/one/five. Yes, there are bigger problems in the world, but can we at least try to act civilized, as a start? More examples of homonyms: Our/hour, not/knot, very/vary, seem/seam, hole/whole, which/witch (that reminds me.....my ex-wife is only semi-literate ;-).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19532 of 19553 Old Today, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
JT, I guess to gain match, you will have to place each of your sub in the middle of the room with no boundary, place your umik right in front of the middle of the cone, use rew tone generator to achieve about 80db or 82db since you like to run subs hot, do the same for the other sub at exact sub and mic position. I would use masking tape to mark the sub location so that it's easy to place the second sub there. Try not to move your boom mic between sub swap. Place both subs back to where they are supposed to be and run Aud cal.
This isn't making sense to me. Both sub gains are identical and I verified this last night when I pulled them out to swap their positions. Once I run the calibration Audyssey is going to see again that one sub benefits heavily from the two adjacent walls and the other does not, so there will be a gap between the two gains. Just my thoughts.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19533 of 19553 Old Today, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I just had to give you a like for this post. I am so happy to see someone who did not use the word "of" where the proper word is "have". It seems every other post I read lately, people would "of" or should "of" done something. The only bigger pet peeve I have is when people say something like: what is "are" expected shipping date, rather than "our". I really don't see how those two words get confused.

I suppose I should of expected no different based on are education system.

Have you considered an AT screen? Maybe one that rolls up when not in use? Something I am going to look into, although not sure if I will be able to convince my better half to hang such an item in our living room.
Thanks Teach!

I have thought about an AT screen, but my room has limitations due to the size and vaulted ceilings, so it would be no easy task. I will have to give it some more thought. It would definitely be a lot cheaper than buying a 70" LED and also have a much bigger picture.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19534 of 19553 Old Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Liked: 357
^^ you are missing the point that just because both gains are at the exact position does not guarantee both subs are at the same level. This is why I suggested you above to use REW tone generator to gained match.
post #19535 of 19553 Old Today, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
^^ you are missing the point that just because both gains are at the exact position does not guarantee both subs are at the same level. This is why I suggested you above to use REW tone generator to gained match.
Okay I'll take your word for it and try it. Anything special I should change or adjust in the generator? Obviously I will check the sub cal.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19536 of 19553 Old Today, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
As long as I'm grousing.....Zero is a number, O is a letter. Yes, in print the upper case letter O looks very much like a zero, but I'm speaking of their use in speach. A phone number is three/six/seven, four/zero/one/five, not three/six/seven, four/o/one/five. Yes, there are bigger problems in the world, but can we at least try to act civilized, as a start? More examples of homonyms: Our/hour, not/knot, very/vary, seem/seam, hole/whole, which/witch (that reminds me.....my ex-wife is only semi-literate ;-).
Back on topic .....

base/bass, dampening/damping
BDP24 likes this.

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter
post #19537 of 19553 Old Today, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrisik View Post
Back on topic .....

base/bass, dampening/damping
OMG of course, base/bass, most appropriate!
post #19538 of 19553 Old Today, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
^^ I have heard lots of big boy subs including pair of cap2400, 3 SubmersiveHP, 8 DIY 18"SI's, 3 Triaxes, and most recent a pair of Deep Sea Sound 24". All of these has more output than my FV only if they were running 6 to 10db hot at close to reference MV. They were really pounding and pressurizing the room. My FV pair can really damage my room and the room next to it plus everything below it if I crank them to reference. In my opinion, the FV pair should be enough for most people minus most AVSer's (you are one of them). Remember the FV is categorized as for extreme large room by audioholic, so a pair of FV should be plenty for your room. If I were you, I wouldn't upgrade to the Echo18 and find yourself upgrading again as you have been doing. Why takes a small step? What if after getting the Echo18, there is a FV18hp, Echo218? Upgrade again? These forums are great but very bad for the wallet if one does not draw a line.
I thought I responded to this, but I guess I never did. So let me get this straight your telling me that unless I listen at very high volumes or run the Echo 18 very hot it will have no advantage in output over an FV15HP? It has more displacement a bigger cabinet and a more powerful amplifier.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19539 of 19553 Old Today, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Okay I'll take your word for it and try it. Anything special I should change or adjust in the generator? Obviously I will check the sub cal.

1. Set both sub trims in Avr to 0 as starting point.
2. Set Avr master volume to 0.
3. Turn off aud.
4. Open REW spl tool and click the red button. Drag this window to a spot on screen so you can see it.
5. Select hdmi out 4 in REW preference.
6. Open REW signal generator and select pink noise, sub cal with -30db FS RMS level.
7. Click the green play button and observe the spl in REW spl window. I assume you already place one sub in the middle of your room by now with umik directly in front of the middle of the driver cone. Adjust the sub volume knob till achieving 90 or 91db (hdmi out 4, which is the lfe channel, is 10db higher than speaker). When I mentioned achieving 80 to 82db in my earlier post is when you use an external spl meter. Put sub 2 in that same spot and keep the umik untouched, do the same till achieving that same value as sub1 recorded earlier. Note that the spl value in REW (or an external spl meter) will be fluctuating by a db or 2. Try your best to get both sub (one by one) at that same level.
8. Place both subs to where they are supposed to be, run aud first mic position and select calculate and save.
9. Check your sub trim levels and report back.
JT78681 likes this.
post #19540 of 19553 Old Today, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
When did things go so wrong Bear? Illiteracy seems to be rampant---is it the educational system itself that is to blame, or rather the students and their parents, or perhaps even our culture? Is it true of the whole world, or just the U.S.? Examples of words which are pronounced the same but are spelled differently and have different meanings: their/there/they're, your/you're, to/too/two, here/hear, stare/stair, no/know, break/brake, past/passed, threw/through, week/weak, whose/who's, meet/meat. I frequently see these words used indiscriminately, obscurring the thought the writer is attempting to express, possibly confusing the reader. Oh, there are many more, that's just what comes to mind. Hey, this is fun---join in everyone!
Your list of words misused is on point, when reading I find myself slowed/stopped when the wrong word is used with a totally different meaning and having to go back to see the context and then understand what they really meant.

Kemper Holt
post #19541 of 19553 Old Today, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Alright class dismissed...

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19542 of 19553 Old Today, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Hey guys, should I use the included rubber feet on carpet or are those only for hard floors?

Can I just let them sit on carpet without any feet?
post #19543 of 19553 Old Today, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Hey guys, should I use the included rubber feet on carpet or are those only for hard floors?

Can I just let them sit on carpet without any feet?
I don't use mine and find that it makes it much easier to move them around on the carpet. I'm pretty sure they are only for hard floors.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19544 of 19553 Old Today, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I definitely wouldn't put them on until they are in their final resting places. I'm wondering though if the hassle of putting spikes on them is worth it.
post #19545 of 19553 Old Today, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I definitely wouldn't put them on until they are in their final resting places. I'm wondering though if the hassle of putting spikes on them is worth it.
What is the benefit of having them on?

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19546 of 19553 Old Today, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
What is the benefit of having them on?
I have them on my speaker stands so they have a stable footing. On a sub I'm not sure.

It's amazing how low Audyssey sets my subs. At the 75db calibration, it put them at -10. I had to put them up to 0 with DEQ on just to get normal bass with music.

Comparing high and low damping now.
post #19547 of 19553 Old Today, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have them on my speaker stands so they have a stable footing. On a sub I'm not sure.

It's amazing how low Audyssey sets my subs. At the 75db calibration, it put them at -10. I had to put them up to 0 with DEQ on just to get normal bass with music.

Comparing high and low damping now.
You will be tinkering for awhile.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19548 of 19553 Old Today, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

@tvuong

I pulled both subs out to the middle of the living room, placed the mic at the MLP right in line with the cone and set both subs to about 90-91 db. I'll run calibration in a bit when the wife goes to sleep to see what both sub trims are set to. I had to set the mic at the MLP because at first I had it on a tripod directly in front of the cone dead center and it was making me turn down the gains on the subs to about the 7 to 8 o'clock position to achieve a 90-91db response (way too low).

*Update

Just ran Audyssey and this is what my levels are at now. Great advice tvuong!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	807746  

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's

Last edited by JT78681; Today at 07:51 PM.
post #19549 of 19553 Old Today, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello everyone,

Ive noticed that with my FV15HP the Line-in bass sounds better than the LFE in, an ill explain what i mean by better. everything is calibrated and the wires are fine no damage.

First off with movies, i have my crossover at 120hz for fronts and center, with the LFE-IN the bass is directional i can tell where it coming from its overly excessive but enough to make it a problem that cant be ignored, even with the default -6 level [ ON MY SONY STR-DH550 AVR -6 IS LOWERING VOLUME] for the sub after calibration in the AVR even with 50hz or 80hz for the fronts excluding the center crossover it still doesn't sound right and lowering the volume on the sub even more is not an option since it produces little to no bass being lowered. also with music is sounds horrible with the LFE-IN no matter what crossover i use, i tried it all of them from 40hz-200hz but with the LINE-IN it blends together so freaking good and is heavy and accurate. an help will be welcomed especially Rythmik Pro's with the FV15HP.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Speakers - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center - Klipsch RP-450C
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #19550 of 19553 Old Today, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hello everyone,

Ive noticed that with my FV15HP the Line-in bass sounds better than the LFE in, an ill explain what i mean by better. everything is calibrated and the wires are fine no damage.

First off with movies, i have my crossover at 120hz for fronts and center, with the LFE-IN the bass is directional i can tell where it coming from its overly excessive but enough to make it a problem that cant be ignored, even with the default -6 level [ ON MY SONY STR-DH550 AVR -6 IS LOWERING VOLUME] for the sub after calibration in the AVR even with 50hz or 80hz for the fronts excluding the center crossover it still doesn't sound right and lowering the volume on the sub even more is not an option since it produces little to no bass being lowered. also with music is sounds horrible with the LFE-IN no matter what crossover i use, i tried it all of them from 40hz-200hz but with the LINE-IN it blends together so freaking good and is heavy and accurate. an help will be welcomed especially Rythmik Pro's with the FV15HP.
Sorry, I don't have the FV15HP and I'm not familiar with the Sony AVR, but just to get things started...

1. Your fronts are spec'd to be flat down to 32Hz, why are you crossing them over at 120Hz? Lower your crossover to the sub if you don't want to be able to localize the sub's output.

2. When you do your calibration, do you set the front speakers to Small? The Small setting enables the AVR output to the sub.

3. When you use the LFE-in on the sub, the sub's Crossover and Phase controls are inactive, therefore you have to make sure those settings are correctly set in your AVR.

See the link in my sig to a document that might be helpful (you'll have to figure out which Sony settings are equivalent to Audyssey's).

...pic... and ...more...
Salk SongTowers-RAAL/Salk SongCtr-RAAL/Salk SongSurr ; Rythmik F12 (x2) (setup help) ; Denon 4520CI ; D-Sonic M2-800S ; Oppo BDP93 ; Panny 65VT50 ; BJCables ; Schiit Valhalla -> Senn HD600 & HD555 ; Schiit Magni2Uber/Modi2Uber -> Oppo PM-3 ; Schiit Fulla -> RHA MA750 & AT ATH-M50S
WDTV Live Hub ; Xbox 360 ; Chromecast ; Harmony One ; DLNA NAS ; Furman Elite-15 PFi ; Salamander Synergy ; Omnimic & REW ; CalMAN 5 HT ; i1D3 & i1 Pro2
post #19551 of 19553 Old Today, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laulau View Post
Sorry, I don't have the FV15HP and I'm not familiar with the Sony AVR, but just to get things started...

1. Your fronts are spec'd to be flat down to 32Hz, why are you crossing them over at 120Hz? Lower your crossover to the sub if you don't want to be able to localize the sub's output.

2. When you do your calibration, do you set the front speakers to Small? The Small setting enables the AVR output to the sub.

3. When you use the LFE-in on the sub, the sub's Crossover and Phase controls are inactive, therefore you have to make sure those settings are correctly set in your AVR.

See the link in my sig to a document that might be helpful (you'll have to figure out which Sony settings are equivalent to Audyssey's).
1. OK i Dropped the two fronts down to 50hz and left the center at 80hz.

2. when the sony avr calibrates it automatically defaults to large for all speakers so after its done i switch it back to small.

3. i did, its all correct i calibrated over 10 times since got this sub trying to marry it with my speakers.

4. Ive used that document i even have it printed out, it was my guide from the start.

it still sounds the same its not full and powerful like it should be so i switch it back to LINE-IN and watched the same scene in film called ''THE MAZE RUNNER'' at 01:05.00 into the movie and its a world of difference i really feel the action of the massive objects dropping and moving in the scene but when using the LFE-IN all of it is gone, i feel and hear bass but its not even close.

Center - Klipsch RP-450C
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #19552 of 19553 Old Today, 09:35 PM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hello everyone,

The LFE input has a bit higher bandwidth which also allow noise to go through and crossover knob does not have function with LFE inputs. That is why you will get same result no matter how you turn the knob. But in short, if LINE-IN works better, then I will stay with LINE-IN.
post #19553 of 19553 Old Today, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
The LFE input has a bit higher bandwidth which also allow noise to go through and crossover knob does not have function with LFE inputs. That is why you will get same result no matter how you turn the knob. But in short, if LINE-IN works better, then I will stay with LINE-IN.
Yes i understand about the crossover knob sorry if i made it seem like i was using it along with the LFE-IN. i will stick with the LINE-IN, am i missing anything from doing so? because my god it sounds like heaven

Center - Klipsch RP-450C
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub