Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 652 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 457Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #19531 of 19536 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
BDP24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I just had to give you a like for this post. I am so happy to see someone who did not use the word "of" where the proper word is "have". It seems every other post I read lately, people would "of" or should "of" done something. The only bigger pet peeve I have is when people say something like: what is "are" expected shipping date, rather than "our". I really don't see how those two words get confused.

I suppose I should of expected no different based on are education system.

Have you considered an AT screen? Maybe one that rolls up when not in use? Something I am going to look into, although not sure if I will be able to convince my better half to hang such an item in our living room.
As long as I'm grousing.....Zero is a number, O is a letter. Yes, in print the upper case letter O looks very much like a zero, but I'm speaking of their use in speach. A phone number is three/six/seven, four/zero/one/five, not three/six/seven, four/o/one/five. Yes, there are bigger problems in the world, but can we at least try to act civilized, as a start? More examples of homonyms: Our/hour, not/knot, very/vary, seem/seam, hole/whole, which/witch (that reminds me.....my ex-wife is only semi-literate ;-).
BDP24 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19532 of 19536 Old Today, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,225
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
JT, I guess to gain match, you will have to place each of your sub in the middle of the room with no boundary, place your umik right in front of the middle of the cone, use rew tone generator to achieve about 80db or 82db since you like to run subs hot, do the same for the other sub at exact sub and mic position. I would use masking tape to mark the sub location so that it's easy to place the second sub there. Try not to move your boom mic between sub swap. Place both subs back to where they are supposed to be and run Aud cal.
This isn't making sense to me. Both sub gains are identical and I verified this last night when I pulled them out to swap their positions. Once I run the calibration Audyssey is going to see again that one sub benefits heavily from the two adjacent walls and the other does not, so there will be a gap between the two gains. Just my thoughts.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #19533 of 19536 Unread Today, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,225
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I just had to give you a like for this post. I am so happy to see someone who did not use the word "of" where the proper word is "have". It seems every other post I read lately, people would "of" or should "of" done something. The only bigger pet peeve I have is when people say something like: what is "are" expected shipping date, rather than "our". I really don't see how those two words get confused.

I suppose I should of expected no different based on are education system.

Have you considered an AT screen? Maybe one that rolls up when not in use? Something I am going to look into, although not sure if I will be able to convince my better half to hang such an item in our living room.
Thanks Teach!

I have thought about an AT screen, but my room has limitations due to the size and vaulted ceilings, so it would be no easy task. I will have to give it some more thought. It would definitely be a lot cheaper than buying a 70" LED and also have a much bigger picture.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #19534 of 19536 Unread Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 354
^^ you are missing the point that just because both gains are at the exact position does not guarantee both subs are at the same level. This is why I suggested you above to use REW tone generator to gained match.
tvuong is online now  
post #19535 of 19536 Unread Today, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,225
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ you are missing the point that just because both gains are at the exact position does not guarantee both subs are at the same level. This is why I suggested you above to use REW tone generator to gained match.
Okay I'll take your word for it and try it. Anything special I should change or adjust in the generator? Obviously I will check the sub cal.


Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is online now  
post #19536 of 19536 Unread Today, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pstrisik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
As long as I'm grousing.....Zero is a number, O is a letter. Yes, in print the upper case letter O looks very much like a zero, but I'm speaking of their use in speach. A phone number is three/six/seven, four/zero/one/five, not three/six/seven, four/o/one/five. Yes, there are bigger problems in the world, but can we at least try to act civilized, as a start? More examples of homonyms: Our/hour, not/knot, very/vary, seem/seam, hole/whole, which/witch (that reminds me.....my ex-wife is only semi-literate ;-).
Back on topic .....

base/bass, dampening/damping

.
. . . . . . . . . . . Peter
pstrisik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off