Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 654 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 473Likes

post #19591 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
The amps are Brian's design, but he has them built in China. The drivers are a custom order from Brian at one of the big speaker factories. Building woofers takes machinery that requires volume to recoup the cost of that machinery. Big American companies like JBL and Jensen have made the drivers for lots of specialty speaker companies in the Hi-Fi biz. Even Dave Wilson has the drivers in his $200,000 speaker made for him, to his specs, just like Brian does his woofers.
For the H600 and H550 amps we get the Panasonic capacitors here in the USA and ship them to China. Also the voice coils for the DS1510 drivers are made by Precision Econowind in North Ford Myers, FL and ship them to China for final assembling.
gadgtfreek likes this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19592 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 421
One last measurement before putting up the gear for awhile. Time to just sit back and enjoy it. I'll have to just get over that dip I have at 50hz. I'm sure my ears will never be able to hear it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aud on Dyn EQ off no boost MV -20.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	811730  

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #19593 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
One last measurement before putting up the gear for awhile. Time to just sit back and enjoy it. I'll have to just get over that dip I have at 50hz. I'm sure my ears will never be able to hear it.
Yes, it's time to lock that mic down and enjoy listening to your system. Like I said before I put my mics down long time ago and have been enjoying my system since that!! Out of sight, out of mind
turbojohngt and JT78681 like this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #19594 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I wish there was a way to connect 2 or more Rythmiks together so you only have to make changes to one of them.
post #19595 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I wish there was a way to connect 2 or more Rythmiks together so you only have to make changes to one of them.
There is a way. You can do a daisy chain with XLR2 amps (Master/Slave) but still need to trick delay on the Slave subwoofer (s). All other functions like crossover, volume, LPF, etc are transferred to the Slave subwoofer (s) from the Master subwoofer. PEQ is also available on the Slave subwoofer (s).

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #19596 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

And damping, extension, rumble filter too?

I wish I knew about that before. I don't think I'll be making changes to them that often, but it would be nice when I do.
post #19597 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
And damping, extension, rumble filter too?

I wish I knew about that before. I don't think I'll be making changes to them that often, but it would be nice when I do.
Yes, all of them are transferred from the Master to the Slave (s). The only functions available on the Slave subwoofer (s) are delay and PEQ.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

post #19598 of 19603 Old 07-04-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Just enjoy it. Your FR looks like there is a low shelf filter at 50hz which how you like it as there are more output from there and below. Having more output than needed is just bragging right, kind of like my car has more horses than yours. Which car is faster if both was set to cruise at 80mph?
JT78681 likes this.

Last edited by tvuong; 07-04-2015 at 11:08 AM.
post #19599 of 19603 Old Today, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I am going to test all, but I am def moving to mid or hi. As stated above, I preferred Q 0.3 with my Hsu vs Q 0.7. That "articulate" or "punchy" sound is better to me vs the "full" sound of low. My subs are close together and only 4-5" off the wall, so that could contribute to what I heard as a little too bloated. Don't get me wrong, they sound good regardless, but you have all these fine tuning tools to use, so it's a shame not to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Ill post the mode info in a sec. At the end of all of it, 1 port 14hz and low damp still does the best in this room. I am going to let it be for awhile and get some loud movies under my belt and then revisit. The way I see it is I ran the Hsu subs in max extension mode for a long time, and they have less headroom and it was never an issue.
Sorry if I missed it, but what I'm seeing is your ears are telling you high damping, and the charts are telling you low damping. So which one did you end up sticking with?
post #19600 of 19603 Old Today, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if we conducted a poll, between low, medium or high damping, which setting is used most by members here?

I tested out low vs high in Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. I could definitely tell the difference in definition. High brings out the details in bass in a way that blends with my speakers pretty well. Low gives the impression of more or louder bass, but smoothes the details together. It's a sound I normally expect from subs. I felt like that hurt the impact and believability, so I went back to high and might just run them a bit hotter instead. I feel like I'm really getting the Rythmik sound this way and not just any old sub.

It was really interesting. With high damping, the bass wasn't what I'm used to hearing from subs. It wasn't even what I'm used to hearing from ported speakers. I couldn't tell what or where it was coming from, even though I know where my subs are. It just seemed like it was part of the movie.

It makes me wonder what the sound engineers intend the movie to sound like? With high damping are we getting what they actually meant for it to sound like? I have to assume that they know full well the vast majority of sub owners do NOT have servo control and would engineer their sound tracks accordingly.
Blacklightning likes this.

Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings)
Denon AVR-X4000

And a little R&R:
Reaction Audio CX-10 (2)
Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #19601 of 19603 Old Today, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
It makes me wonder what the sound engineers intend the movie to sound like? With high damping are we getting what they actually meant for it to sound like? I have to assume that they know full well the vast majority of sub owners do NOT have servo control and would engineer their sound tracks accordingly.
I'm afraid you're getting close to the "circle of confusion" by asking that question. Was that explosion supposed to go BOOOOOOOOM or was it just BOOOOM? We will never know.

I prefer the Low-HT setting on the L12 which is the middle setting between Low♫ and High. While it does start rolling off below 20hz, there's still plenty of energy there to be detectable without hitting the limits above 95dB at my LP.

Like you, I can't tell where it's coming from and that's one thing a sub should do. I only know it's there because I know my main speakers can't go that low.

Life is Lambertian
post #19602 of 19603 Old Today, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Sorry if I missed it, but what I'm seeing is your ears are telling you high damping, and the charts are telling you low damping. So which one did you end up sticking with?
Damping or Q sounds differently on the Rythmik. I always liked the Q of 0.3 vs 0.7 on the VTF15, as 0.7 was boomy. Low damping on the Rythmik, which is a higher Q # sound better. I assumed I'd like hi better, but my ears and charts tell me low is better on the Rythmik in my room.
post #19603 of 19603 Old Today, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
That is a really good question and I hope to ask that question to the Home theater geeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub