Originally Posted by dc6284
Anyone have tips on hooking up setting audyssey xt32?
There are some initial settings you'll want to set on your Rythmik before running Audyssey. They are included in the box but I'll post them here. Assuming you already have determined the best location - sub location is covered all over the forums and is easy to find instructions for. I'll assume you're using LFE-IN, as that is what I'm familiar with.
A. Set your sub gain to the 12:00 level
B. Set the extension to 14Hz
C. Set your damping to low
D. Turn the rumble filter off
E. Make sure the PEQ is off
F. Make sure the crossover is set to the highest frequency
G. Set the phase to 0
I am not sure how many ports to plug - I'll let others contribute regarding that. I'm sure it is also covered in the instructions.
With your AVR:
1. Plug in the setup mic
2. Set your subwoofers to measure to 2 (if you have 2)
3. Proceed to measure the first mic location
4. Audyssey will have you adjust the sub gain knob(s) until the screen displays 75db. Do this and continue.
5. Skip the other mic locations and calculate
6. Check the levels that it set your sub(s) to. You want to aim for around -6. If it's near the -12 maximum, turn your subs down a few clicks and try again, and make sure the screen measures the same volume for each (if 2)
7. Once you achieve near -6 as a level result, run the full set of measurements. Help with where to put the mic for all 8 measurements can be found in the Audyssey thread
After setup is complete, set any speakers that were set to large to SMALL and bump your crossover frequency to 80Hz. This you can experiment with later but it's the best starting point. You can then adjust damping to your liking and turn the rumble filter on if you're going to be near max output. You can also raise your sub level in the AVR to taste, and play with Dynamic EQ. Most people on these forums tend to raise their sub levels after Audyssey (in the AVR, NOT the sub gain knob).