Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 664 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 536Likes

post #19891 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 443
@Roberyu

Very nice and clean setup! Love those silver cones. If you like to run your FV's with the grills off you can push the port plug in a little further so that it disappears. I think it looks much better this way, but that's just my personal opinion.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19892 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberyu View Post
Just got a set to replace a JL F113 for home theater duty. Open concept floor plan in this house is just too many cubic feet of volume for a single sealed sub to cover, so the JL will be moved to my office upstairs, where it will do just fine for music.

Obligatory pic. Don't ever keep the room that bright, but the pic will be no good if you cannot see the gear!
Nice setup!! The only recommendation I have is to move the center channel speaker up front so you will avoid early reflections. Try to align the speaker grill with the front edge of the credenza.
wyld0 likes this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

My Multimedia Room Gallery

post #19893 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Nice setup!! The only recommendation I have is to move the center channel speaker up front so you will avoid early reflections. Try to align the speaker grill with the front edge of the credenza.
My recommendation is that your center channel is missing a FV15HP.
wyld0 likes this.
post #19894 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
The only recommendation I have is to move the center channel speaker up front so you will avoid early reflections. Try to align the speaker grill with the front edge of the credenza.
+1

And if you do opt to move it be sure to re-run your room EQ setup. More than likely some changes would need to be made.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #19895 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I have to wonder what a JL F113 sounds like. It costs more than my entire system!
It sounds amazing, especially for music, but it is still a single sealed, so it will just not take care of large spaces for home theater use in a single unit config. In a closed 15x15 room with a wooden floor, it will handle that with authority on everything unless you need real 15z or less.

I't be awesome for music in my 10'x10' office, haha /*overkill/
post #19896 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Haha, I would LOVE to do that. However, that is impossible as some of the content I watch contains doggies. When my doggie see's those doggies, he jumps up on there and exhibits his enthusiasm for these doggie-actors and causes those scratches you see on the leading-edge of that enclosure. I'm not letting my beloved pup get close to that Dyn, so reflections it is (I could raise it by setting it on something, and at least mitigate). I normally have it a little closer to the front than that, but too far, and it doggie-paws/nails on expensive tweeter, which is so far unmolested.

Gratuitous doggie pic of potential offender:

post #19897 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
@Roberyu

Very nice and clean setup! Love those silver cones. If you like to run your FV's with the grills off you can push the port plug in a little further so that it disappears. I think it looks much better this way, but that's just my personal opinion.
Thanks. These things muscle right through the entire house, regardless of open concept and all bedroom doors open.

I normally run with the grills on unless it's show and tell with friends. I also like to play with the other mode for music, and that plugs is a pain to pull when I switch modes. I do dislike the asymmetrical look the plug lends though.
post #19898 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Yeah it is a little bit of a pain to pull out the plug. I keep mine strictly in single port mode, so I don't really have to worry about that. Just looks so much better out of sight. Excuse the crappy cell phone picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image23.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	857426  

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's

Last edited by JT78681; Yesterday at 12:37 PM.
post #19899 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Obligatory corny line: I knew sooner or later this thread would go to the dogs.

You could buy some hockey pucks or otherwise raise the center a bit to reduce the reflections while allowing it to sit a little back from the edge (and a little higher from the floor to make it harder for doggies to reach).

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #19900 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Long story short:

Need your guys help. Finally got my Fv15hp sounding fantastic. Then my wife got home from a trip about 2 weeks ago. And ever since then, I've been on the couch.

She can't get over how big it is. So I thought I'll give it time. Well time is not working! She actually love's the sound. But not the space.

The good news is she will let me spend more if I go smaller. I want as close as I can in sound tho.

Would two E15hp's come close in comparison? Or any suggestions? Also anyone know if there is a discount for duals?

Wish I would of waited and talked to her 1st. Think I have to pay the return shipping on this beast.

Avr: Denon 4520
Speakers: Klipsch,rf-82ii,rc-62ii,b-61ii,rs-62ii
Sub: Rythmik Fv15hp'se
Oppo BDP 105-D
Display: Samsung 65h7150
post #19901 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 247
What is it about the size that she doesn't like? The height? Sealed subs will be shorter, so that's what I would recommend. I run 2 F12s on opposite walls and they are great, plus I can put small tables with 4 legs over them to give that space more of a purpose then just a sub sitting there. I would see if concealment is an option with the FV first before looking at returning it.
post #19902 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc6284 View Post
Long story short:

Need your guys help. Finally got my Fv15hp sounding fantastic. Then my wife got home from a trip about 2 weeks ago. And ever since then, I've been on the couch.

She can't get over how big it is. So I thought I'll give it time. Well time is not working! She actually love's the sound. But not the space.

The good news is she will let me spend more if I go smaller. I want as close as I can in sound tho.

Would two E15hp's come close in comparison? Or any suggestions? Also anyone know if there is a discount for duals?

Wish I would of waited and talked to her 1st. Think I have to pay the return shipping on this beast.
It's not often I enjoy the fact I'm divorced and on my own, but stories like this make me wonder if it's really all that bad after all.

If she's down with a pair of E15HP's I say go for it. I owned one myself and was very happy with it. Duals will only be that much better.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #19903 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
There is a discount for duals. Go to the website and add quantity 2 to your cart and you'll see it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #19904 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I was real interested in dual F15HPs, just was unsure how it would handle deep lows and the two way shipping was a bit too risky for me. I was attracted to sealed for the tightness and then the servo for clean low distortion. I wish there were more reviews with measurements for the F15HP. Or at least a review on data-bass.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
SVS PC13-Ultra
post #19905 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Oops.

Last edited by BDP24; Yesterday at 05:28 PM.
post #19906 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The only recommendation I have is a Tele to go along with the Strat ;-).
post #19907 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
Obligatory corny line: I knew sooner or later this thread would go to the dogs.

You could buy some hockey pucks or otherwise raise the center a bit to reduce the reflections while allowing it to sit a little back from the edge (and a little higher from the floor to make it harder for doggies to reach).
It was just thinking that as I was staring at these hockey pucks I bought to use on the jack-points under my GTR, but ended up using just one for the jack. We actually have an ice rink I bought them at locally.
post #19908 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post
The only recommendation I have is a Tele to go along with the Strat ;-).
Haha, that white one is actually an old Kramer next to a Taylor, with an Ibanez bass behind. The American Strat is on the back wall along with a Les Paul. The Tele is upstairs with a a few other guitars in cases. The sound of a Tele simply cannot be acceptably covered by any other instrument, much like a stat.
post #19909 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc6284 View Post
Long story short:

Too bad the FV size does not work for you as it is just awesome. With that said, I think the dual E15hp's will be an upgrade over a single FV. If you order two at the same time, there will be a 10% discount on BOTH subs.
post #19910 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberyu View Post
Haha, that white one is actually an old Kramer next to a Taylor, with an Ibanez bass behind. The American Strat is on the back wall along with a Les Paul. The Tele is upstairs with a a few other guitars in cases. The sound of a Tele simply cannot be acceptably covered by any other instrument, much like a stat.

With that collection, you have it just about covered! There's not much that can't be played on a Tele, Strat, and
Les Paul. I played with one guy who had a Taylor acoustic, a couple others with Martin D-18's. It's a Gibson J-200 that I want!
post #19911 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
L22 can also be a very nice fill-in subwoofer. I have just recommended an E15/L22 combo with E15 in the front and L22 in the back. The customer previously use two Epik 12" ported sub. All of our sealed subs have closely matched roll-off chacteristic. In this case, the phase difference between E15 and L22 below 30hz is no more than 45degrees even with rumble filter turn on. This is just one example. Customer can use other combinations, F12/L12, F15HP/L22..etc and save money.
I am the customer that Brian recommended the E15/L22 combo to. I just want to say that Brian's recommendation was spot on. These 2 subs are working very well with each other in my room. I haven't done anything other than letting Dirac adjust the subs in my Emotiva XMC-1 set up as dual mono. The E15/L22 combo has at least 3 dB more output than the dual Epik Sentinels. The Rythmic subs also have amazing definition for music and plenty of punch for movies. This is a great combo for space challenged rooms like mine.
post #19912 of 19916 Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Congrats, glad you took the plunge!

Off-topic: I met Les Paul way back in the 80's, when he had hooked up with Al Dimeola for an album, and they were at some little hole in the wall in Chicago. It was quite an experience for a young snot (even though I play trumpet and was actually running the sound board at the time; my brother had a LP Signature and was bummed he missed the fun).

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #19913 of 19916 Old Today, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 978 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I wonder if Brian will ever come up with sub that's got a passive radiator design rather than ports? The idea is that the passive radiator has a larger surface area which will give higher output, more extension and reduce the effect of any port chuffing. Thinking about the next generation of the FV15HP.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #19914 of 19916 Old Today, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
I wonder if Brian will ever come up with sub that's got a passive radiator design rather than ports? The idea is that the passive radiator has a larger surface area which will give higher output, more extension and reduce the effect of any port chuffing. Thinking about the next generation of the FV15HP.
Wouldn't that be considered a sealed sub?
post #19915 of 19916 Old Today, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Wouldn't that be considered a sealed sub?
No.
post #19916 of 19916 Old Today, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
I was attracted to sealed for the tightness
Myth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page