Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 666 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 549Likes
post #19951 of 19951 Unread Today, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
The problem with running smaller speakers full-range is that distort heavily with large'ish LF signals. I have measured 50% and more distortion from some very fine speakers when driven to 80 dB SPL at the listening position with a tone at their -3 dB point. Once you add a sub and offload that LF content, it cleans up the rest of the main speaker's frequency range.

Subs have the same problem, thought usually at a higher SPL, but that is one reason my first sub (a DIY job) decades ago was a servo design. As has every one since (which, actually, is only Rythmik since I went from my old DIY to a pair of F12's).

BTW, I have a pair of nice KEF's upstairs, but they are pretty old (not as old as my Maggies).

FWIWFM - Don
Yeah, I think the main advantage of full range speakers is that they are easy to set up. Subs can be pretty tricky to set up well, but once you do, I prefer them over running speakers full range (unless it's a bad sub).

Good, properly set up subs should create the illusion of great full range sound coming out of your mains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page