Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 674 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 602Likes
post #20191 of 20195 Unread Today, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I looked over the website but didn't see if any of the subs came with a high pass output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20192 of 20195 Unread Today, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
Attached a plot comparing two vs. four subs (2 - 200 Hz, 5 dB grid). With four subs I was able to smooth out some room resonance issues, including a dip between 50 and 60 Hz and a big peak up around 120 Hz (sub crossover is set and 70 Hz so that big rise should not be happening; with four subs I was able to suppress and narrow-band it. The subs are hooked up as a mono group but claibrated in pairs. I did fool around with individual settings, but the pairs are symmetric so tweaking them as pairs worked fine. The second rear sub is slaved off the first in the final configuration.

More pictures showing final (for now) system response over on the XMC-1 thread: Emotiva XMC-1 Owners Only Thread I shall note that four subs allowed me to really dial in the overall system response and integration with the mains so I have the best sound I have had in years. Should have added them a while back but other things kept coming up.

I adjusted pre/pro gain so the plots mostly overlie; I did get a large boost in output by adding the rear pair (do not need it, though).

Now of course I wish I had XLR2 amps on my first pair of F12's but everything is working OK as-is. I was worried about ground loops sice the rear subs are on a totally differnt circuit but no problems (whether due to the balanced XLR connections or just luck I could not say). I really like having a trigger input on the subs! Saved me having to get a couple more X10 appliance modules to switch them on and off.

It was a lot of work (had a couple of vacation days I had to take; this used a substantial portion of them) but I am happy with the results. Some sonic issues I've been hearing seem gone now, probably due to a more even sound field and smoother frequency response for the whole system.

Happy, yes I am! Thanks Brian and Enrico! - Don
WOW.... -6dB @ 7Hz.. That's really impressive, Don!!! Good job
post #20193 of 20195 Unread Today, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
I looked over the website but didn't see if any of the subs came with a high pass output?
The F12 with A370PEQ amp comes with HPF out @ 80Hz. Also our XLR2 amp has HPF out (mono) via XLR fixed at 80Hz as well.
post #20194 of 20195 Unread Today, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm in the market for a sub, but not sure which model I'd be happier with. I'm thinking either the LV12R or the F12. I'd be using the sub more for HT than music, say 80/20 split. I don't consider myself a bass head; I've never cared much about the room shaking while watching a movie. But I do like tight bass when listening to music.

My current speakers are Paradigm Studio 60's version 2, but in the next year or two I plan on upgrading. At this time, the Ascend Sierra Tower are at the top of my list.

My listening room (aka "the basement") is 14 x 27 feet with a drop ceiling 6.66 feet high. About 2517 cubic feet.

I'm not concerned about the price difference between the LV12R and the F12, but I'd be reluctant to spend more.

I'd welcome any suggestions as to which model (or any other) people may think I'd be happier with.
Thanks.
post #20195 of 20195 Unread Today, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
I'm in the market for a sub, but not sure which model I'd be happier with. I'm thinking either the LV12R or the F12. I'd be using the sub more for HT than music, say 80/20 split. I don't consider myself a bass head; I've never cared much about the room shaking while watching a movie. But I do like tight bass when listening to music.

My current speakers are Paradigm Studio 60's version 2, but in the next year or two I plan on upgrading. At this time, the Ascend Sierra Tower are at the top of my list.

My listening room (aka "the basement") is 14 x 27 feet with a drop ceiling 6.66 feet high. About 2517 cubic feet.

I'm not concerned about the price difference between the LV12R and the F12, but I'd be reluctant to spend more.

I'd welcome any suggestions as to which model (or any other) people may think I'd be happier with.
Thanks.
In a room like that I would also consider the L22 which has more output than both, the LV12R and the F12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page