Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 682 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 2011Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
If they fire up than I can only imagine the debris that will end up at the bottom of the enclosure. Better include grills...
I was thinking kids dropping toys and crap down the ports.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-08-2015, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,514
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Like Brian mentioned most probably the "FV18HP" would be up firing (ports only, not the driver) to accommodate the necessary port length. If we do it front firing then the depth has to be 30ish" and that's kinda on the big side!!
I interprete this as the fv18 will be 30ish" tall. With a 18" driver, the width would be 20ish" and the depth would be 22ish" (my guess). So it will be similar size to the JTR Captivator. Hopefully, it will be cheaper than the Cap 1400 $1899 price tag (I doubt it though).
tvuong is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
I interprete this as the fv18 will be 30ish" tall. With a 18" driver, the width would be 20ish" and the depth would be 22ish" (my guess). So it will be similar size to the JTR Captivator. Hopefully, it will be cheaper than the Cap 1400 $1899 price tag (I doubt it though).
Unless it matches or exceeds the Cap's performance I can see people possibly pursuing another route if the price is too steep. Also, I hope they have plans to offer a sealed 18" sub.
kluken likes this.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
12B4A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CR Iowa
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
The system Sound Insight showed at Capital Audio Fest was with the HX800XLR3 amp modded by Brian to work with six GR SW 12-16FR drivers. Each 400 watts module on the HX800XLR3 amp drives 3 SW 12-16FR drivers. I already talked to Brian and we are gonna offer this setup as a CI Kit.
Who needs an 18"?



Photo from Outofthewoods who is offering flat packs for OB Rythmiks.

Life is Lambertian
12B4A is online now  
Old 09-08-2015, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,186
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
Liked: 1244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12B4A View Post
Who needs an 18"?



Photo from Outofthewoods who is offering flat packs for OB Rythmiks.
An open baffle in an enclosure???

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Old 09-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
12B4A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CR Iowa
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 86
They are just H-frames for mounting the drivers.

Life is Lambertian
12B4A is online now  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
What do the supplied feet that come with the LV12R look like? Is this the main thread for the LV12R?

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,068
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
What do the supplied feet that come with the LV12R look like? Is this the main thread for the LV12R?
Here you go!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubber feet.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	930666  



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Here you go!!
Thanks

Do you happen to have any LV12R pics aside from those on the website ?

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 15,261
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1684 Post(s)
Liked: 1554
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Is this the main thread for the LV12R?
Yes
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 09-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
ahmedreda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Even if it has slightly less output, I think its advantage will come from the 12hz tuning. The captivator is tuned at 18hz if I am not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Unless it matches or exceeds the Cap's performance I can see people possibly pursuing another route if the price is too steep. Also, I hope they have plans to offer a sealed 18" sub.
dominguez1 likes this.

My home theater
Speakers: 3 JTR 212HTR (LCR), 2 Jtr Single 8LP (S), 2 JTR Triple 12LF (SB)) , 4 Volt 10LX (Atmos)
Subwoofers: 4 Rythmik FV15HP , 5 Crowson Shadow 8 transducers, 3 Buttkicker LFE
Display: JVC RS400
FS: 4xRythmik FV15HP
ahmedreda is online now  
Old 09-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Why can't the DS1501/1510 be downward-firing?

Hey ya'll - perhaps you can answer this question that has been buggin' me - Why can't the DS1501/1510 be downward-firing?


I'm considering one of the DIY kits but don't quite get why they're only recommending front-firing use for this model.


Doesn't it make sense that one could just make fairly tall legs and be able to make it work?








Thanks in advance for the advice!


--Eru
Eruethemar is offline  
Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,635
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Unless it matches or exceeds the Cap's performance I can see people possibly pursuing another route if the price is too steep. Also, I hope they have plans to offer a sealed 18" sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
Even if it has slightly less output, I think its advantage will come from the 12hz tuning. The captivator is tuned at 18hz if I am not mistaken.
Agree. It will trade a db or two for significant output advantage at 12.5hz and potentially 10hz compared to the cap.

Imo, well worth the tradeoff...16hz and up is relatively easy to get..
Below that, you're looking at multiple sealed (that can be costly) or a low tuned fv18hp.

No matter how many cap 1400s you have, you'll never be able to increase extension significantly.
dominguez1 is online now  
Old 09-09-2015, 01:10 AM
Senior Member
 
laulau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: "The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 91
a small fyi,

Brian got a mention in Kemper Holt's (klh007) write-up on CAF 2015 (scroll to bottom). If you didn't know, Rythmik's 8" servo subs power the bottom end of Salk's Exotica 3 towers.

Salk+Rythmik is a great combination.

Salk SongTowers-RAAL/Salk SongCtr-RAAL/Salk SongSurr ; Rythmik F12 (x2) (my humble setup guide) ; Denon 4520CI; D-Sonic M2-800S; Oppo BDP93; Panny 65VT50; BJCables; NAS DLNA; Xbox 360; Chromecast; Harmony One; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Omnimic & REW; CalMAN 5 HT i1D3 & i1Pro2 ::Headphones:: RaspPi3 w/Digi+ -> AGD DAC19 -> Cavalli LC -> HFM HE-400i ::: CCastAudio -> Schiit Bifrost 4490 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Senn HD600 ::: FooB2K -> Schiit Modi2U -> Schiit Magni2U -> Oppo PM3
laulau is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedreda View Post
Even if it has slightly less output, I think its advantage will come from the 12hz tuning. The captivator is tuned at 18hz if I am not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post
Agree. It will trade a db or two for significant output advantage at 12.5hz and potentially 10hz compared to the cap.

Imo, well worth the tradeoff...16hz and up is relatively easy to get..
Below that, you're looking at multiple sealed (that can be costly) or a low tuned fv18hp.

No matter how many cap 1400s you have, you'll never be able to increase extension significantly.
I agree if it's within a db or two, but price will play a big factor depending on extension and output. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 05:42 AM
Member
 
NICKTENN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Suburb of Tampa
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Unless it matches or exceeds the Cap's performance I can see people possibly pursuing another route if the price is too steep. Also, I hope they have plans to offer a sealed 18" sub.
I too would like to know if a sealed version is in the cards. Can anyone confirm?

Sony VPL-HW40ES Projector on 92" Elite Screen
Sherbourn SR-8100 Receiver
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE LCR
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Surrounds, no room for rears :(
Dual RA Gamma 18 subs :) (Rythmik FV-12 moved to Sierra 1's stereo setup in bedroom gym)
<1300cf dedicated theater room (re-purposed den) with a couple Acoustimac panels.
NICKTENN is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 05:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Regarding the LV12R, is $570 shipped the regular price and does it ever go on sale?

And if I need to reverse the phase when using this sub with my Yamaha HTR-3066 AVR, can I use the LFE input and set the AVR to reverse subwoofer phase instead?

Also, is this sub overkill for a 1152 cubic foot room (12 by 12 by 8 feet high)?

I'm currently running a Dayton Audio SUB-1200 with Sony Core Bookshelves as LCRs.

I'd like better extension, flatter frequency response, and more punch/definition to bass frequencies compared to my Dayton.

I'd be placing this sub midwall about 6 to 12 inches from the wall. And selling the Dayton since 2 subs wouldn't fit in my small room and the gulf in quality and extension would be too great.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DonH50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Monument CO
Posts: 9,041
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Regarding the LV12R, is $570 shipped the regular price and does it ever go on sale?
$569 shipped per the Rythmik website

Quote:
And if I need to reverse the phase when using this sub with my Yamaha HTR-3066 AVR, can I use the LFE input and set the AVR to reverse subwoofer phase instead?
Yes, the AVR should handle phase for you.

Quote:
Also, is this sub overkill for a 1152 cubic foot room (12 by 12 by 8 feet high)?
No.

Quote:
I'm currently running a Dayton Audio SUB-1200 with Sony Core Bookshelves as LCRs.
I'd like better extension, flatter frequency response, and more punch/definition to bass frequencies compared to my Dayton.
I'd be placing this sub midwall about 6 to 12 inches from the wall. And selling the Dayton since 2 subs wouldn't fit in my small room and the gulf in quality and extension would be too great.
Better sound, higher output, and greater extension are probable, but two subs would definitely be of benefit in that room since the dimensions induce doubled room modes. Two subs can help smooth the frequency response. You would be better off with two LV12R's, natch, but you might want to try integrating the Dayton to help with room modes.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
DonH50 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,068
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Regarding the LV12R, is $570 shipped the regular price and does it ever go on sale?
The LV12R regular price is $599 shipped and it's on sale for $569 shipped.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 15,261
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1684 Post(s)
Liked: 1554
The LV12r will significantly outperform the Dayton 1200 in every way.
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:22 AM
3db
Advanced Member
 
3db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Thanks

Do you happen to have any LV12R pics aside from those on the website ?
Here are some pics of mine.. The LV12-R is the bigger unit and replaces my PSB Subsonic5 which has been repurposed to my secondary system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130903-00083.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	931298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130903-00084.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	931306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130924-00093.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	931314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130903-00080.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	931322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130903-00082.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	931330  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130903-00081.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	931338  

Last edited by 3db; 09-09-2015 at 07:27 AM.
3db is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked: 774
^^ Yep, that just happened!

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
JT78681 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,186
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1040 Post(s)
Liked: 1244
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
You would be better off with two LV12R's, natch, but you might want to try integrating the Dayton to help with room modes.
I was right there with you until you mentioned using the LV12R and SUB-1200 together.

My guess is the PE will drag down the Rythmik in a manner that could be noticeable, so there might not be any advantage to integrating the two. Actually, the opposite could prove true.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Old 09-09-2015, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DonH50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Monument CO
Posts: 9,041
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
I agree, but was thinking the extra sub might help with a room mode. In hindsight, without a pretty good set of tools (including some sort of EQ/DSP unit) and knowledge base to use them, such integration would be virtually impossible and extremely difficult even with all that. It's hard enough to get matching (identical) subs to play together nicely...

I stand corrected.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
DonH50 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BDP24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruethemar View Post
Hey ya'll - perhaps you can answer this question that has been buggin' me - Why can't the DS1501/1510 be downward-firing?


I'm considering one of the DIY kits but don't quite get why they're only recommending front-firing use for this model.


Doesn't it make sense that one could just make fairly tall legs and be able to make it work?









Thanks in advance for the advice!


--Eru

1- There used to be a down-firing model, the D15. It had the A370 amp and one DS1501 driver (the DS1510 driver is not recommended for down-firing use, for technical reasons). It is no longer listed with the other models, so apparently has been discontinued. Check with Brian or Enrico to see if there is one left in the warehouse.


2- On the Rythmik website there are still plans (in the DIY section) for building a down-firing enclosure, 3cu.ft. sealed and 4cu.ft vented. You buy the CI kit from Rythmik, and build (or have built by a cabinet maker local to you) the enclosure in which you install it.

Last edited by BDP24; 09-09-2015 at 10:30 AM.
BDP24 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Member
 
dadz41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
dadz41 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
$569 shipped per the Rythmik website


Yes, the AVR should handle phase for you.


No.


Better sound, higher output, and greater extension are probable, but two subs would definitely be of benefit in that room since the dimensions induce doubled room modes. Two subs can help smooth the frequency response. You would be better off with two LV12R's, natch, but you might want to try integrating the Dayton to help with room modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
The LV12R regular price is $599 shipped and it's on sale for $569 shipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
The LV12r will significantly outperform the Dayton 1200 in every way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Here are some pics of mine.. The LV12-R is the bigger unit and replaces my PSB Subsonic5 which has been repurposed to my secondary system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I was right there with you until you mentioned using the LV12R and SUB-1200 together.

My guess is the PE will drag down the Rythmik in a manner that could be noticeable, so there might not be any advantage to integrating the two. Actually, the opposite could prove true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I agree, but was thinking the extra sub might help with a room mode. In hindsight, without a pretty good set of tools (including some sort of EQ/DSP unit) and knowledge base to use them, such integration would be virtually impossible and extremely difficult even with all that. It's hard enough to get matching (identical) subs to play together nicely...

I stand corrected.
Good to know, thanks for all the replies.

I'm no audio expert, but I too figured the Dayton would drag the Rythmik down, plus the added complexity/cost of integrating them properly (not to mention I don't have space for a second sub in the opposite side of the room, equidistant).

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DonH50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Monument CO
Posts: 9,041
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
Where is the listening position in the room? If it's in the middle, you'll be in a null, so would want the sub placed there. With 12' x 12' you are going to have room modes doubled leading to very deep nulls (first around 47 Hz). There's a nice spreadsheet on the Harman site that plots the peaks and valleys, and REW has a room mode.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
DonH50 is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
Where is the listening position in the room? If it's in the middle, you'll be in a null, so would want the sub placed there. With 12' x 12' you are going to have room modes doubled leading to very deep nulls (first around 47 Hz). There's a nice spreadsheet on the Harman site that plots the peaks and valleys, and REW has a room mode.
Do subs sound best at 80Hz and under only (crossovers)? (room pics... not a conventional setup at all)

yup, here's the Dayton SUB-1200's FR:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LFE.png
Views:	97
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	931674  

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N

Last edited by PlasmaPZ80U; 09-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Old 09-09-2015, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,524
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
^ the pillow on the bed is the MLP, due to back issues

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off