Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 730 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2584Likes

Old 11-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony~M View Post
Hello Jim,

Hope you are well.

Indeed, you can't run a company with true free shipping. The company would be bankrupt very quickly. However, it is great marketing speak, and I guess a lot of people believe it to be true. I am guessing it just makes them feel better about their purchase for some psychological reason.

I know when I sell on E-bay I always set it up as 'free shipping'...lol...I just add it into the buy it now cost. Some people only search on E-bay for items advertised as 'free shipping', instead of looking at the total cost. I have put up several items with 'free shipping' and with shipping seperated for the same total cost, and the ones with 'free shipping' always sell, but the ones with added shipping don't always sell. It is interesting how the human mind works.

Later,

Tony
thte thing with "free shipping" and pricing lower+added shipping is that if you actually return it, with free shipping you're technically supposed to get the whole amount back, but with the lower price+added shipping, you only get the lower price portion back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
thte thing with "free shipping" and pricing lower+added shipping is that if you actually return it, with free shipping you're technically supposed to get the whole amount back, but with the lower price+added shipping, you only get the lower price portion back.
You also get charged higher eBay fees when you don't break out shipping.

IME, for every person who is attracted to free shipping, there is another person attracted to the lower base price. Different people behave differently, and assuming you are "typical" and projecting your own buying behavior on everyone else can be very unreliable. Actually testing and measuring is the only thing that works reliably, even for experts.

For subs, shipping is a much more substantial part of the total cost than with typical electronics. Considering that many of the Rythmik items are often out of stock with the current marketing, it's not so clear that raising the price and offering "free" shipping would be smart business. A single return would probably wipe out gains from multiple sales. For a lightweight piece of electronics, it would make a lot more sense.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 873 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Quote:
Just an update, I've placed a purchase through Ascend for thr LV12R! But it was done accidently lol. I wanted to see if they charged tax since they're in the same County and their "continue" button actually was a "place order" button and that fooled me. But I emailed them to see if in the case that it doesn't work out if I can drive to them and drop it off. That's highly unlikely but having that option to return it is a big seller.

The downside is that Rythmik seems to be sold out until January so Ascend may also be out of stock... And I've been reading into the Outlaw x-12 as well and if the stock is out I'll most likely be going that route since I'm without any subwoofer now.
Ascend Acoustic doesn't have any stock. If you place the order with Ascend either way will be shipped from our warehouse in Austin, TX. The LV12R Black Oak is not in stock but we have Black Matte in stock and also a pair of Black Oak b-stock units.
tracerit likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
Old 11-29-2015, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1934 Post(s)
Liked: 1674
Quote:
Jump on one of those Black Oak B stock units.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Yes its off, i never found use for it.. maybe its because of my ignorance or that i heard that using it to fix nulls or beyond a certain frequency is not recommended.
Well I made the switch and re-ran Audyssey. I can't measure, but to my ears it sounds good. It doesn't appear I lost any output or tactile response at the MLP. Maybe gained a little headroom since I'm not asking the subs to extend so high?
MrGrey likes this.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Ascend Acoustic doesn't have any stock. If you place the order with Ascend either way will be shipped from our warehouse in Austin, TX. The LV12R Black Oak is not in stock but we have Black Matte in stock and also a pair of Black Oak b-stock units.
What are the conditions of these B-stock black oak units?
Old 11-29-2015, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked: 513
When I set my crossover knob to 80Hz, YPAO didn't change sw distance but set sw trim 3 dB higher.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
What are your settings on the amp? I'm thinking of trying this, but I can't measure since I sold my mic a few months ago.
Try only if your surrounds can be set with a 90hz crossover or lower.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Well I made the switch and re-ran Audyssey. I can't measure, but to my ears it sounds good. It doesn't appear I lost any output or tactile response at the MLP. Maybe gained a little headroom since I'm not asking the subs to extend so high?
Yes for sure it sounds like i gained more db with the line in compared to the LFE. i see no lost if you keep it below 90hz or 80hz its a gain from what i see and hear on my fv15hp.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
Old 11-29-2015, 02:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Same as new.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:56 PM

Just wanted to provide one last update on my subwoofer search. I'd like to thank everyone here who responded and provided advice, you all helped me narrow my decision to the LV12R That excitement was dulled a bit after finding out there isn't a true risk free home trial of the subwoofer, which I highly doubt I would've used. Maybe if my first encounter into +$500 subs wasn't through SVS on slickdeals, I woudln't have had such high expectations in regards to home trials. I accepted the fact that businesses need to make money too, so I didn't care much for the return shipping anymore. Then the stock issue came up and since I'm in a hurry to pick up a subwoofer with this weekend's sale, I started looking elsewhere and found the HSU VTF-2 MK4. Turns out they're just 15 miles from me so warranty issues should be easier and cheaper to handle, and they also have a home trial. But their home trial isn't completely risk free either. Unfortunately I'm gonna be hit with tax on this but the price comes out to be around what I would've paid for the LV12R. Reviews between the two seem to be a draw as well.

So now it's time to go through all this again, but with finding front speakers :P
Old 11-29-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
I found sometimes simply changing the direction the sub is facing by 90 deg, can fix (or create) nulls. In my case, having the sub face the MLP got rid of a null that was present when the sub was facing right of the MLP by 90 deg.
I've found that to be the case with dips, but not with nulls. Nulls are caused by the dimensions of your walls and the distance to them from the sub. The only way to change nulls is to sit somewhere else, or cancel them with multiple sub placement.

Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings)
Denon AVR-X4000
A little R&R: Reaction Audio CX-10 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
And a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv 5s
Old 11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes its off, i never found use for it.. maybe its because of my ignorance or that i heard that using it to fix nulls or beyond a certain frequency is not recommended.
The best use for PEQ is to take down mountains. For example, I had a big peak at my seat at 50-60hz. I used the PEQ to bring it down by about 8db, then Audyssey took care of the rest. I owe my flat response to getting the F12s with the PEQ. I wouldn't have been able to do it with a non-PEQ amp like the L12.

Here's the peak. The light blue line is after I used the PEQ:
Click image for larger version

Name:	PEQ.png
Views:	100
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1087666

Then Audyssey took care of the rest:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subs flat.png
Views:	102
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1087658
MrGrey likes this.

Denon AVR-X4000

Last edited by Soulburner; 11-29-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, I meant dips, not nulls.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Try only if your surrounds can be set with a 90hz crossover or lower.
Thanks! All my speakers are 80hz capable. I've listened to quite a bit of content now with line-in and it sounds great. Like grey said it feels like I've gained a bit of output.
MrGrey likes this.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yes for sure it sounds like i gained more db with the line in compared to the LFE. i see no lost if you keep it below 90hz or 80hz its a gain from what i see and hear on my fv15hp.
Are you using a y-splitter at the sub?
Old 11-29-2015, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Thanks! All my speakers are 80hz capable. I've listened to quite a bit of content now with line-in and it sounds great. Like grey said it feels like I've gained a bit of output.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Nope

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 11-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Appreciate it if someone can jump in to help me on this? I can't fully recall what was the best extension filter settings before and after audyssey calibration. I remember i read this info somewhere but can't seem to find the exact post as the thread is too long. Currently I've dual subs in my setup - 1 F15HP and 1 E15HP placed in diagonal corners of the room. My AVR is the Denon 4520 (with Audyssey XT32). I'm using the LFE input on the sub, and the LINE IN input is not used.

Are the below settings correct?

Before audyssey calibration:
PEQ = Off
Damping = low (or should this be set as MID?)
Freq = 14Hz
Rumble filter = OFF
Line In / Low Pass = AVR12

After audyssey calibration:
PEQ = Off
Damping = high
Freq = 14Hz
Rumble filter = ON

Also, for the PEQ settings, if my PEQ is set to OFF, does the 3 knobs of gain, bandwidth and freq need to be set to any specific level? Because i recall the user manual indicating to set it to the below settings, but shouldnt these 3 knobs functions be disabled when PEQ is set to OFF?
Gain = 0db
Bandwidth = middle position
Frequency = middle position (40 Hz)

Thanks much.

Last edited by sevenz; 11-30-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I did my own experiment with cascading LPFs:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/91-audio-theory-setup-chat/1449924-simplified-rew-setup-use-usb-mic-hdmi-connection-including-measurement-techniques-how-interpret-graphs-572.html#post39349338

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Sony Core Bookshelf (SS-CS5) Side Surrounds, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N
Old 11-30-2015, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenz View Post
Appreciate it if someone can jump in to help me on this? I can't fully recall what was the best extension filter settings before and after audyssey calibration. I remember i read this info somewhere but can't seem to find the exact post as the thread is too long. Currently I've dual subs in my setup - 1 F15HP and 1 E15HP placed in diagonal corners of the room. My AVR is the Denon 4520 (with Audyssey XT32). I'm using the LFE input on the sub, and the LINE IN input is not used.

PEQ = Off
Damping = low (or should this be set as MID?)
Freq = 14Hz
Rumble filter = OFF

PEQ = Off
Damping = high
Freq = 14Hz
Rumble filter = ON

Also, for the PEQ settings, if my PEQ is set to OFF, does the 3 knobs of gain, bandwidth and freq need to be set to any specific level? Because i recall the user manual indicating to set it to the below settings, but shouldnt these 3 knobs functions be disabled when PEQ is set to OFF?
Gain = 0db

Thanks much.
Low dampening is recommended pre-audyssey; however, since I only use hi dampening, I calibrate with hi. You are correct that the 3 knobs are disabled when peq is off. You might find the peq is useful if you are able to see graphs of your subs.
sevenz likes this.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 95
@sevenz

Brian's advice is in post #6240.
sevenz likes this.

Salk STRT / SongCtr-RT / SongSurr I ; Rythmik F12 (x2) (latest ver of my setup guide) ; Denon 4520CI; D-Sonic M2-800S; Oppo BDP93; Panny 65VT50; BJCables; NAS DLNA; Chromecast; Harmony One; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Omnimic & REW; CalMAN 5 HT i1D3 & i1Pro2 ::Headphones:: RPi3 w/Digi+ > AGD DAC19 > Cavalli LC > HFM HE400i & Meze 99 Classics :: CCA > Schiit Bifrost 4490 > Schiit Valhalla > Senn HD600 :: FooB2K > Schiit Modi2U > Schiit Magni2U > Oppo PM3
Old 11-30-2015, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenz View Post
I'm using the LFE input on the sub, and the LINE IN input is not used.
I would recommend the Line In connection, see the last 5 pages or so for discussion on this.

PEQ = If you are going to use PEQ, do it before Audyssey. See my post from yesterday.
Damping = low (or should this be set as MID?) Brian (Rythmik) recommends mid.
Freq = 14Hz
Rumble filter = OFF
Line In / Low Pass = AVR12 Depends on your preference and system

PEQ = Off Depends if you need it, which you should do before Audyssey
Damping = high This is my preference
Freq = 14Hz Also my preference
Rumble filter = ON Only needed for high SPL. Otherwise, OFF gives better sound quality.
Line In / Low Pass = AVR12 I prefer the 80/24 setting, which would be set pre-Audyssey

Gain = 0db

Thanks much.
Off should mean off. Not sure why he recommends that.
sevenz likes this.

Denon AVR-X4000
Old 11-30-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
I'd like to make this clear so that customers don't make mistakes

For sealed subs, turn off rumble filter and set the extension to 14hz/ mid damping before running roomEQ such as Audyssey.

For vented subs with single tuning, set the extension filter to 14hz, low damping before running roomEQ.

For vented subs with dual tuning, plug one port and set the rumble filter to OFF/1, and 14hz low damping before running room EQ.

After the roomEQ is done, you can then play with extension filter and rumble filter setting.

The precaution is to avoid roomEQ accidentally boost frequency below 20hz which can defeat the purpose of having those controls on our amps.This maybe counterintuitive but it is important (because one may think he should use the settings that he wants to use when doing roomEQ). If roomEQ has its way in correcting frequency response, it will undo all the rumble filter, and extension filter setting.
Brian's suggested settings pre-Audyssey.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ I follow this method when calibrating.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
Quote:
Are you referring to their physical condition? If so, it will vary from a returned unit in perfection condition to one with a minor blemish or two. Front a functional standpoint they're 100%.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
Old 11-30-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Both of my FV15HP's were b-stock and in immaculate condition. I could not find any imperfection on either of them.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laulau View Post
@sevenz

Brian's advice is in post #6240.
Thanks for the link, for my sub low bass extension is all I need to do.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Did you not read the fine print on the site ?, "Perfectly looking B-Stock subwoofers, does not play below 50 hz"

Quote:
^^^ Both of my FV15HP's were b-stock and in immaculate condition. I could not find any imperfection on either of them.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hello All,

Hope you are all well.

Today was a total waste of my time. UPS says my L22 is out for delivery, but it is now 10:25pm.....I wasted my whole day waiting for it. My UPS guy never rings the doorbell, so I have to hang out near the door for when he drops the boxes and runs away. This time...nothing...nada...still waiting. I am curious when the tracking will update saying it is no longer on time for scheduled delivery....UPS....blah....

Quote from UPS website:

Benefits
Prompt, dependable, cost-effective shipping
With guaranteed delivery, know in advance when your shipment will arrive
An economical choice for all of your routine shipments

Yeah...right....lol.

Later,

Tony

Last edited by Tony~M; 11-30-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub