Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 778 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1571Likes

Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Why is everyone following me around all the time? First Basshead, then Bear123 and now you. Can't I ask just out of curiosity? Geesh!!!
No one is following you anywhere - we all happen to be subscribed to certain threads.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked: 931
I must have missed it -- what is so magical about 12 Hz? I remember when 20 Hz was low enough for everything but those scary 1812 cannon shots...

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Old 04-04-2016, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
No one is following you anywhere - we all happen to be subscribed to certain threads.
Jim I didn't realize you were a stalker...

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 04-04-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I've heard for decades the phrase "my system goes to 11" so I thought 11 Hz was the magical frequency?

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Old 04-04-2016, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I must have missed it -- what is so magical about 12 Hz? I remember when 20 Hz was low enough for everything but those scary 1812 cannon shots...
Oh yea, you missed it. He's been posting all over AVS about inexpensive subwoofers capable of hitting 12Hz with usable output. After repeatedly being told by several of us that what he was looking for didn't exist outside of DIY he seemed content to go that route, for a few days at least. Now it appears as though that might have changed.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Jim I didn't realize you were a stalker...
That all depends upon how curvaceous you are!
BDP24 likes this.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Not going there, my curves have been growing in all the wrong places lately, and being stalked by Jim is not a desirable thing for me (or him, most likely)...

Cheap 12 Hz sub, yah, I'll take four... Hope he has lots of room gain!

Back to Rythmik: Brian/Enrico, what would it take (cost and effort) to swap out my two A370-PEQ(2, maybe) amps for A370-XLR2 instead?

Curious - Don

Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 751
^^^ Ever since I hit 30 a few years back I seem to have lost my tapeworm and I'm getting some rolls in places you shouldn't have rolls.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Old 04-04-2016, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Yes, contact Enrico and/or Brian and have them walk you through through the troubleshooting process. Better than us writing a thousand words here. It is usually pretty easy to determine if it is driver or amplifier damage and that is most important to determine the solution (and its cost).

Bummer - Don
Hey, Don. I just wanted to thank you for your response the other day concerning that used Rythmik LV12R that got dropped before I got it but I just wanted to let you know I was able to order a new one from Ascend Acoustics without the in state sales tax and I only spent $90 more so the sub god's must have been looking out for me after all. I was jumping over dollars to save pennies. Now it's up to UPS to not drop this one !

-Tom
DonH50 and BDP24 like this.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Ever since I hit 30 a few years back I seem to have lost my tapeworm and I'm getting some rolls in places you shouldn't have rolls.
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait till you hit 50. Then 60. I don't even recognize myself on my new drivers license.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've heard for decades the phrase "my system goes to 11" so I thought 11 Hz was the magical frequency?
My drumset goes to only 9 now, 'cause I use smaller sticks than I used to.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

...Manfully suppressing spew of drummer jokes...

Old 04-05-2016, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
...Manfully suppressing spew of drummer jokes...
Believe me, I've heard 'em all :-).
Old 04-06-2016, 01:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Oh yea, you missed it. He's been posting all over AVS about inexpensive subwoofers capable of hitting 12Hz with usable output. After repeatedly being told by several of us that what he was looking for didn't exist outside of DIY he seemed content to go that route, for a few days at least. Now it appears as though that might have changed.
Yep I'm baaaaack and I know you guys missed me

I was gonna spring for one Dayton UM18 + Ber amp, but the Dayton is never in stock at P/E and I've looked several times. So what to do but look for another alternative.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Yep I'm baaaaack and I know you guys missed me

I was gonna spring for one Dayton UM18 + Ber amp, but the Dayton is never in stock at P/E and I've looked several times. So what to do but look for another alternative.
Since this is a Rythmik thread we can't take it off topic, but what about SI? They make some highly regarded drivers. Perhaps one of those might work.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 8
RA Echo 15 vs FVX15

Hey guys, any idea how the Reaction Audio Echo 15 compares to the FVX15? My space is about 4500 cu.ft. I listen to mostly music so that's why i keep coming back to Rythmik subs even though the Echo 15 will provide more output. Will the output be a lot less with the FVX15?
Trying to keep my budget at under 1000USD as i'll have to spend on import fees since i'm in Canada. Decided that the best option would be for me to ship it to a holding service in Niagara and bring it across the border myself since i'm in Toronto.

NAD D1050 > NAD C320BEE > PSB X2T's
Old 04-06-2016, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolaco View Post
Hey guys, any idea how the Reaction Audio Echo 15 compares to the FVX15? My space is about 4500 cu.ft. I listen to mostly music so that's why i keep coming back to Rythmik subs even though the Echo 15 will provide more output. Will the output be a lot less with the FVX15?
Trying to keep my budget at under 1000USD as i'll have to spend on import fees since i'm in Canada. Decided that the best option would be for me to ship it to a holding service in Niagara and bring it across the border myself since i'm in Toronto.
How do you know that the RA Echo 15 has more output than the FVX15? I have no numbers for the Echo 15 but assuming the Echo 15 perform similar to RA PV-15X which was tested by Ricci @ data-bass.com we can see that the FV15HP, tested by Ricci as well, has almost +4dB @ 20Hz more than the PV-15X and something that I'm 100% sure is that the FVX15 is only -2.5dB less than FV15HP. So in conclusion the FVX15 should have +1.5dB more output than RA PV-15X. I think your choice should be based on other things like sound quality, accuracy and customer support and not output because output for both models is very close and maybe with even some small advantage for the FVX15.
PlasmaPZ80U, JT78681 and eorr23 like this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

Last edited by enricoclaudio; 04-06-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
How do you know that the RA Echo 15 has more output than the FVX15? I have no numbers for the Echo 15 but assuming the Echo 15 perform similar to RA PV-15X which was tested by Rich @ data-bass.com we can see that the FV15HP, tested by Rich as well, has almost +4dB @ 20Hz more than the PV-15X and something that I'm 100% sure is that the FVX15 is only -2.5dB less than FV15HP. So in conclusion the FVX15 should have +1.5dB more output than RA PV-15X. I think your choice should be based on other things like sound quality, accuracy and customer support and not output because output for both models is very close and maybe with even some small advantage for the FVX15.
Hey Enrico,

I found this in the RA thread this morning as well as some other posts suggesting that output was higher: Reaction Audio Subs. Jeremy says that the Echo 15 will have about a 4.5 db advantage at 20hz over the PV-15x.

I just don't want to be disappointed with output in my 4500cu.ft space as i don't have much space, nor the budget for another sub anytime soon. If the difference is not significant i'd rather go for the rythmik as it's cheaper and from what I've read offers better sound quality for music than other ported subs.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hey Enrico,

I found this in the RA thread this morning as well as some other posts suggesting that output was higher: Reaction Audio Subs. Jeremy says that the Echo 15 will have about a 4.5 db advantage at 20hz over the PV-15x.

I just don't want to be disappointed with output in my 4500cu.ft space as i don't have much space, nor the budget for another sub anytime soon. If the difference is not significant i'd rather go for the rythmik as it's cheaper and from what I've read offers better sound quality for music than other ported subs.
If those numbers are correct then the RA Echo 15 has the same output as the FV15HP @ 20Hz. So that's mean the FVX15 is -2.5dB less than RA Echo 15. Like I said before, those are RA numbers, not independent measurements. I know Jeremy is a very responsible and honest person so I guess you can trust in his numbers. You can't go wrong with any of these two options. 2.5dB is not gonna make a huge difference in a 4500 cu ft room because either way you can't pressurize a room like that with a single subwoofer, not even with the FV15HP and like I said before, your decision should be based in SQ, extension and customer support, also availability. And I think our subwoofers/company have the advantage on those specific areas.

You can also check this:
Madmax67 likes this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

Last edited by enricoclaudio; 04-06-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How do you know that the RA Echo 15 has more output than the FVX15? I have no numbers for the Echo 15 but assuming the Echo 15 perform similar to RA PV-15X which was tested by Rich @ data-bass.com we can see that the FV15HP, tested by Rich as well, has almost +4dB @ 20Hz more than the PV-15X and something that I'm 100% sure is that the FVX15 is only -2.5dB less than FV15HP.
Quote:
If those numbers are correct then the RA Echo 15 has the same output as the FV15HP @ 20Hz. So that's mean the FVX15 is -2.5dB less than RA Echo 15. Like I said before, those are RA numbers, not independent measurements. I know Jeff is a very responsible and honest person so I guess you can trust in his numbers.
Rich and Jeff? Are they related to Ricci and Jeremy by chance?

Old 04-06-2016, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Rich and Jeff? Are they related to Ricci and Jeremy by chance?
Good catch, JW making corrections right now

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

Old 04-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
If those numbers are correct then the RA Echo 15 has the same output as the FV15HP @ 20Hz. So that's mean the FVX15 is -2.5dB less than RA Echo 15. Like I said before, those are RA numbers, not independent measurements. I know Jeremy is a very responsible and honest person so I guess you can trust in his numbers. You can't go wrong with any of these two options. 2.5dB is not gonna make a huge difference in a 4500 cu ft room because either way you can't pressurize a room like that with a single subwoofer, not even with the FV15HP and like I said before, your decision should be based in SQ, extension and customer support, also availability. And I think our subwoofers/company have the advantage on those specific areas.

You can also check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oallm7RiMPI
Thanks Enrico, I'm just overthinking everything. I've had my heart set on a Rythmik for a while and then started wondering about output. I think i'll go with the FVX15 and then just save up for another if feel like i need it. I value sound quality over all else and being in a condo I shouldn't be chasing crazy output. And not that the Echo would provide much more noticeable output either. Now i just need to save up a bit more and plan my trip to Niagara. How long would you estimate delivery times to Niagara from the time the order is placed?

Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Enrico, I'm just overthinking everything. I've had my heart set on a Rythmik for a while and then started wondering about output. I think i'll go with the FVX15 and then just save up for another if feel like i need it. I value sound quality over all else and being in a condo I shouldn't be chasing crazy output either. Now i just need to save up a bit more and plan my trip to Niagara. How long would you estimate delivery times to Niagara from the time the order is placed?
The FVX15 is in stock a ready to ship. If you place the order between Friday and Monday before 2 pm, we will ship Monday. If you place the order between Monday after 4 pm and Thursday before 2 pm, we will ship on Thursday. Sometimes we are able to ship even the same day the order is placed. Then you have 4 days transit time to Niagara. Remember you have to specify in which UPS Store in Niagara you want the subwoofer to be held for you to pick it up.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

Old 04-06-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
The FVX15 is in stock a ready to ship. If you place the order between Friday and Monday before 2 pm, we will ship Monday. If you place the order between Monday after 4 pm and Thursday before 2 pm, we will ship on Thursday. Sometimes we are able to ship even the same day the order is placed. Then you have 4 days transit time to Niagara. Remember you have to specify in which UPS Store in Niagara you want the subwoofer to be held for you to pick it up.
I was thinking of using cbiusa. It's a company that holds packages and it just costs about 10 bucks. A lot of Canadians say that it's a really good service. I didn't think I could have it shipped to a UPS location. I'll probably just go with cbiusa as it gives me some flexibility and they don't charge extra for holding it for an extended period of time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Old 04-06-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Brian and/or Enrico, how does the LVX12 compare in tightness and musicality to the LV12R?

Sony XBR70 850
Pioneer SC-81
Martin Logan Motion 40's
Martin Logan Motion 8
Old 04-06-2016, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime74 View Post
Brian and/or Enrico, how does the LVX12 compare in tightness and musicality to the LV12R?
In terms of tightness and musicality both subwoofers are pretty close, almost identical. The advantage of the LVX12 over the LV12R is of course more output (+1.5dB) and also multi-tune capabilities. You can configure the LVX12 either at 20Hz (two ports open) or 14Hz (one port open). The LV12R is single port tuned at 19Hz.
PlasmaPZ80U and Madmax67 like this.

Best Regards,

Enrico Castagnetti
Rythmik Audio

Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
In terms of tightness and musicality both subwoofers are pretty close, almost identical. The advantage of the LVX12 over the LV12R is of course more output (+1.5dB) and also multi-tune capabilities. You can configure the LVX12 either at 20Hz (two ports open) or 14Hz (one port open). The LV12R is single port tuned at 19Hz.
Just curious, does the LVX12 have second port plug to give a more "sealed" sound for music?

I'm still a few months from buying, but right now LV12R is my top choice, but the LVX12 and FVX15 are in contention. One thing I like about the LV12R is at the price, if I feel the need for more output or more even sound I could get a second for basically the same price as the FVX15.

Sony XBR70 850
Pioneer SC-81
Martin Logan Motion 40's
Martin Logan Motion 8
Old 04-06-2016, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 24
A few sub questions for the Rythmik guys...

Is the F25 available in Gloss like the F15 is? (Or special order maybe?)

F25 vs. two F15HP. Output/sound quality/etc. Pros/Cons?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
I'm in Toronto and can feel your pain about shipping/duties. I've ordered twice from Jeremy at RA last year (cx12's and gamma218 sub). A buddy of mine has dual fv15hp's and they sound awesome. I can't recommend it enough if you're looking at a 15" ported option; it was better than my hsu vtf15mk2 that I sold in canuckaudiomart.

Here are the pros getting a Rhytmik:
1) readily available with no long lead times
2) fit and finish is going to be spot-on/perfect
3) resale value; "audiophiles" in Canada would line up for that sub if you were to sell it - everyone knows Rhythmik makes great, quality products.

I'm a DIY guy myself and have highly considered the smaller rhythmiks for my family room if our dollar wasn't so low, I'd be bumping dual L12's.

For shipping, use cbiusa.com in Niagara Falls, NY. The service is great and you'll save $ on extra shipping (they'll charge you $12.95 for the oversize package). When you bring it across the border, customs will only bill you the HST and not the duties.
Billy p and Madmax67 like this.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I have been slowly tweaking my system to get the most out of my ported15hp. my latest attempt today has yielded some promising results and I still havent heard this giant box from my listening position. its impressive sq wise.

new rhythmik 15hp

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub
taboola here