Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 784 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2030Likes

post #23491 of 24623 Old 04-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
I have an L22 that I like quite a lot. The output is more than I need and, especially factoring in room extension, plays incredibly deep.

That being said, I'm thinking about selling my L22 and buying an F12. When I was initially in the market for a subwoofer I thought there was no way that I would ever run dual subs, so the L22 was recommended to me because of it's high output. But now that my interest in subs has been sparked, I think that I may eventually run two subs. So the higher output of the L22 is not so vital.

Another reason: I'm having fun experimenting with my sub and REW. The F12 with PEQ offers more customization than the L22; more tweaks to play with.

But I may decide to keep the L22. I do really like it.
Depending upon the size of your room, going from the L22 to a single F12 might prove unwise. What you would lose in output may not be offset by the inclusion of a single-band PEQ. If there is some type of auto-EQ in your signal chain, something that can adjust the response curve, you probably won't derive sufficient benefit from the PEQ to counterbalance the lose in output.
+1. If you want to go to two subs, keep the L22 and get another one. If set up correctly, I bet having two with no PEQ will improve frequency response more than a single sub with PEQ will. And less out of pocket than selling your L22 and buying 2 F12. Enough saved to buy, say, a miniDSP 2x4 if you want to experiment with PEQ. And more headroom to boot! JMO.
meli, PlasmaPZ80U and Madmax67 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23492 of 24623 Old 04-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
How does Google Keep work with AVS?
Hey buddy what's up ? Don brought me to my senses about my sub (was having buyers remorse about the sealed L12 but not any more !)

Oh, I use it to keep track of quotes I like or links I might want to refer back to. I just copy and paste either quotes or links( in Firefox there's a Keep link I just click or in Tapatalk I just C /P ) then give them a title that can be easily searched in the Google Keep app's search bar. I use Keep for my reference materiel I want to read or refer back to and I use Pushbullet app on my devices and computer( exe. program) to send links between devices. The former to learn by and the latter for convenience. I've used Keep in the past sparingly but now I'm really burning it up reading this whole forum.

Hey I have a quick question. Several members mention links found in their signature under documents. I can't ever find anything even when switching my device over to desktop mode. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
post #23493 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Question. I'm going to be building a new dedicated home theater in a custom house my wife and I are having built and was wondering about corner loading FV15HP's and super chunk corner bass traps. If I were to corner load 4 FV15HP's:

1. Is there minimum distance they need to be away from the wall?
2. Knowing they are about 2' high, could I build DIY super chunk corner bass traps above them so that the traps would go from the subs all the way to the ceiling?
3. Would that scenario not be advised and should look at floor to ceiling bass traps and then moving the 4 subs to 1/4 wall placement?
post #23494 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Quote:
How does Google Keep work with AVS?
Hey buddy what's up ? Don brought me to my senses about my sub (was having buyers remorse about the sealed L12 but not any more !)

Oh, I use it to keep track of quotes I like or links I might want to refer back to. I just copy and paste either quotes or links( in Firefox there's a Keep link I just click or in Tapatalk I just C /P ) then give them a title that can be easily searched in the Google Keep app's search bar. I use Keep for my reference materiel I want to read or refer back to and I use Pushbullet app on my devices and computer( exe. program) to send links between devices. The former to learn by and the latter for convenience. I've used Keep in the past sparingly but now I'm really burning it up reading this whole forum.

Hey I have a quick question. Several members mention links found in their signature under documents. I can't ever find anything even when switching my device over to desktop mode. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll have to look into that
Madmax67 likes this.
post #23495 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Question. I'm going to be building a new dedicated home theater in a custom house my wife and I are having built and was wondering about corner loading FV15HP's and super chunk corner bass traps. If I were to corner load 4 FV15HP's:

1. Is there minimum distance they need to be away from the wall?
2. Knowing they are about 2' high, could I build DIY super chunk corner bass traps above them so that the traps would go from the subs all the way to the ceiling?
3. Would that scenario not be advised and should look at floor to ceiling bass traps and then moving the 4 subs to 1/4 wall placement?

The usual guidance is to be at least as far away as the port diameter if rear ported. Otherwise it doesn't matter. You will get extra bass from corner placement.

You can put the traps in the corners above the subs. Traps don't do a heckuva lot at subwoofer frequencies anyway.

Moving the subs to quarter-wall positions usually provides smoother frequency response.

Before a build like this I would look into construction of the room to sonically isolate it from the rest of the house. I used Kinetics IsoMax clips to suspend doubled drywall for walls and ceiling (all sealed using acoustic caulk, including boxes for electrical outlets and lights) floor is concrete) and a minisplit HVAC unit so no ducts to the rest of the house. I would also look to use prime or golden ratio (relatively prime) dimensions to reduce room modes.

http://www.kineticsnoise.com/ -- Mason Industries is another source for sound isolation help.

HTH - Don
Madmax67 likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #23496 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingchip161 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting an L22. Any L22 owners out there that can give me their input?
I have an L22 that I like quite a lot. The output is more than I need and, especially factoring in room extension, plays incredibly deep.

That being said, I'm thinking about selling my L22 and buying an F12. When I was initially in the market for a subwoofer I thought there was no way that I would ever run dual subs, so the L22 was recommended to me because of it's high output. But now that my interest in subs has been sparked, I think that I may eventually run two subs. So the higher output of the L22 is not so vital.

Another reason: I'm having fun experimenting with my sub and REW. The F12 with PEQ offers more customization than the L22; more tweaks to play with.

But I may decide to keep the L22. I do really like it.
If you want PEQ, look into options like the MiniDSP and others (there are many). My MiniDSP 2x4 unbalanced gives me 6 bands of PEQ per sub. And it works directly with REW and of course, the appropriate MiniDSP plug-in. Paid well under $100 for mine.

I would keep the L22, however, and consider adding a second if you want the benefits of multi-subs. Having extra output is not a bad thing, even if you don't ever need to use all of it. Like having a car with more horsepower of torque.

(Going to a single F12 from the L22 would be a significant downgrade aside from the premium amp and additional amp upgrade options available. Plus, you'd lose money selling the L22 vs. what you paid for it since it would technically be a used sub at this point.)
meli and Madmax67 like this.
post #23497 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Depending upon the size of your room, going from the L22 to a single F12 might prove unwise. What you would lose in output may not be offset by the inclusion of a single-band PEQ. If there is some type of auto-EQ in your signal chain, something that can adjust the response curve, you probably won't derive sufficient benefit from the PEQ to counterbalance the loss in output.
Quote:
...Going to a single F12 from the L22 would be a significant downgrade aside from the premium amp and additional amp upgrade options available. Plus, you'd lose money selling the L22 vs. what you paid for it since it would technically be a used sub at this point.)

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the long-term goal would be for me to get dual F12's. But I'm not married to the idea. Maybe I'll keep the L22 that I already own and add another L22. I listen to a lot of music and I'm curious if I'd hear an improvement with dual F12's over dual L22's.

Last edited by meli; 04-21-2016 at 01:34 PM.
post #23498 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
The usual guidance is to be at least as far away as the port diameter if rear ported. Otherwise it doesn't matter. You will get extra bass from corner placement.

You can put the traps in the corners above the subs. Traps don't do a heckuva lot at subwoofer frequencies anyway.

Moving the subs to quarter-wall positions usually provides smoother frequency response.

Before a build like this I would look into construction of the room to sonically isolate it from the rest of the house. I used Kinetics IsoMax clips to suspend doubled drywall for walls and ceiling (all sealed using acoustic caulk, including boxes for electrical outlets and lights) floor is concrete) and a minisplit HVAC unit so no ducts to the rest of the house. I would also look to use prime or golden ratio (relatively prime) dimensions to reduce room modes.

http://www.kineticsnoise.com/ -- Mason Industries is another source for sound isolation help.

HTH - Don
Hey Don,

Appreciate the advice. So when you say that traps don't do a lot at subwoofer frequencies, that means that it wouldn't help to cancel out or smooth out the bass response across the room if I have a sub + trap in each corner? I love my FV15HP's (currently only have 2) tight bass but aren't corner loaded at the moment and is in a very large open area. So going from what I have currently to a dedicated home theater, I just want to make sure I'm planning placement as ideally as possibly and try to have as much smooth response as I can as well.

I do plan on using some sort of clips to decouple as much walls/ceiling as I can. The dimensions I'm considering is 22'x16'x9'.
post #23499 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked: 713
22x17x9 would be a better dimension.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #23500 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 2205
Quote:
If you want PEQ, look into options like the MiniDSP and others (there are many). My MiniDSP 2x4 unbalanced gives me 6 bands of PEQ per sub. And it works directly with REW and of course, the appropriate MiniDSP plug-in. Paid well under $100 for mine.
If the unbalanced has similar capability to the balanced, you should actually have 12 channels of PEQ. Since multiple subs should be eq'd together in most cases, you can use the 6 on the input side and the 6 on the output side.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #23501 of 24623 Old 04-21-2016, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hey Don,

Appreciate the advice. So when you say that traps don't do a lot at subwoofer frequencies, that means that it wouldn't help to cancel out or smooth out the bass response across the room if I have a sub + trap in each corner? I love my FV15HP's (currently only have 2) tight bass but aren't corner loaded at the moment and is in a very large open area. So going from what I have currently to a dedicated home theater, I just want to make sure I'm planning placement as ideally as possibly and try to have as much smooth response as I can as well.

I do plan on using some sort of clips to decouple as much walls/ceiling as I can. The dimensions I'm considering is 22'x16'x9'.
Help, yes, but it takes a lot to do anything below maybe 50~100 Hz. There are charts showing absorption ratings for various traps on the 'net. For placement, look to Geddes or Toole, or use Andy's calculator (see thread here in the subwoofer subforum), or download REW and play with its room simulator (the latter would be the easiest thing for starters). There is also a calculator on the Harmon site that is very useful. My advice would be to design so you have as much flexibility in placement as possible. Placement of MLP and subs in the room are your best bets for optimizing low bass frequency response.

Dimension-wise, you want to avoid any common multiples if at all possible. So 23' by 16' (pr 17') by 9' high is probably reasonable. Remember to build with 6" walls so you can really dampen them to reduce sound transmission, and plan on a heavy exterior (solid-core) door with full weather sealing and threshold to reduce sound transmission through the door. The Kinetics site has a lot of helpful articles (wish I had the 'net decades ago!)
Madmax67 likes this.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #23502 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3706 Post(s)
Liked: 2461
Quote:
Hey Don,

I recently added a bunch of GIK 244 bass traps to my living room. A couple of them are placed pretty much like you propose yours to be.

They actually helped control my ringing substantially...even under 30hz! Not sure how I got that result, but I'll take it.

I've attached some before/after graphs and I posted some pics and impressions the other day in the Audyssey thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before traps spectrogram.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1397778   Click image for larger version

Name:	after traps spectrogram.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1397786   Click image for larger version

Name:	before traps WF.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	1397794   Click image for larger version

Name:	after traps WF.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	1397802  
post #23503 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, they can help, but when I said it "takes a lot" I equate to your comment about a "bunch" of them. That is what I did as well, since I have a small'ish room with closely-spaced nulls. I do not recall how many but they are everywhere; "bunch" is apt. The room is pretty dead but I am OK with that.

I have 4" absorbers along walls and ceiling, 6" on the back and front walls, and 12" in the front corners behind my (dipole) speakers. The room is dead, but the image is superb, and with those big Maggie panels (and five more smaller ones) the sound is still enveloping.

post #23504 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Hey Don,

Quote:
Yes, they can help, but when I said it "takes a lot" I equate to your comment about a "bunch" of them. That is what I did as well, since I have a small'ish room with closely-spaced nulls. I do not recall how many but they are everywhere; "bunch" is apt. The room is pretty dead but I am OK with that.

I have 4" absorbers along walls and ceiling, 6" on the back and front walls, and 12" in the front corners behind my (dipole) speakers. The room is dead, but the image is superb, and with those big Maggie panels (and five more smaller ones) the sound is still enveloping.
The 4" and 6" panels are for controlling reflections. The "super chunk" bass traps he mentioned would be more like 17" triangular or square traps that go in the corners. Ideally you want those 17" traps in all corners or the more the better essentially. Low frequency sounds build up in the corners of the room and the traps will help absorb that energy so it dissipates much more quickly, which will improve your waterfall diagram in REW at the low frequencies. I used Gik Soffit Bass Traps for my room:

http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/...fit-bass-trap/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160308BCK_Home_Build_0012_NIKON D810.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	716.2 KB
ID:	1398362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160308BCK_Home_Build_0014_NIKON D810.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	717.6 KB
ID:	1398370  
Matt2026, MrGrey and eorr23 like this.

7.2.4 Setup | Display: Panasonic TC-P65VT50 plasma | Processor: Anthem AVM60 | Amps: Outlaw 7700, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2 | Speakers: Paradigm Prestige (2) 95F's, 55C, (4) 15B's, (4) CI-Elite E65-R (Atmos) | Subs: (2) Rythmik F25's
post #23505 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3706 Post(s)
Liked: 2461
I know I've said it before when you post pics of your room Bluecow, but that room is simply stunning!!
BDP24 likes this.
post #23506 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I'd love a room like that!

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #23507 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by They_call_me_Roto View Post
To any owners of the Rythmik E15HP who also have the blu ray of Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Could you respond and let me know how your sub handles the two scenes in the movie where Kylo Ren is interrogating Poe and Rey. In both those scenes he reaches out his hand to do a mind read of the person strapped to the torture chair and there is a low frequency sound effect used. That frequency causes my subs to distort, and I am considering replacing my subs with a pair of E15HPs. The Rythmik is at the top of my short list but I really want to replace my subs with something that won't distort with this scene. I have been experiencing distortion with a specific narrow frequency band in many movies, and TFA has a couple scenes that use this low frequency range for several seconds.

I know that I really should purchase one of the subs and test it in my own room; but if others tell me that the E15HP can execute this scene without distortion, then that would boost my confidence in purchasing this sub. Thank you!
Anyone???

Thank you to anyone who can answer this!
MrGrey likes this.

Packing a lot of sound into a small room.
268 square feet/2144 cubic feet
7.2 surround sound.
post #23508 of 24623 Old 04-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Anyone???

Hey whats up, i have the FV15HP and that scene went pretty fine my sub didn't break a dam sweat. in one port mode you hear port port noise since its moving allot of air way below what this sub can play. in two port mode and no port noise at all. BUT you are picking the sealed version E15HP, so you will not have that problem and i doubt you will hear distortion that sub is no bitch man .don't be afraid to buy one, i just went to the site an pick the biggest and most powerful sub that i could afford and bought it without asking a question... bad idea? nope lol.
They_call_me_Roto likes this.

Center
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #23509 of 24623 Old 04-23-2016, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
To any owners of the Rythmik E15HP who also have the blu ray of Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Could you respond and let me know how your sub handles the two scenes in the movie where Kylo Ren is interrogating Poe and Rey. In both those scenes he reaches out his hand to do a mind read of the person strapped to the torture chair and there is a low frequency sound effect used. That frequency causes my subs to distort, and I am considering replacing my subs with a pair of E15HPs. The Rythmik is at the top of my short list but I really want to replace my subs with something that won't distort with this scene. I have been experiencing distortion with a specific narrow frequency band in many movies, and TFA has a couple scenes that use this low frequency range for several seconds.

I know that I really should purchase one of the subs and test it in my own room; but if others tell me that the E15HP can execute this scene without distortion, then that would boost my confidence in purchasing this sub. Thank you!
I own dual E/F15HP. I dont have the scene from Force Awakens, but don't worry, these subs can handle low bass scenes very smoothly with deep rumble without any funny noise from the woofer. e.g. the following sub-sonic bass scenes

- Edge of Tomorrow - introduction scene
- Reel Steel: Scene where Twin Towers robot makes his first few steps for the fight
post #23510 of 24623 Old 04-23-2016, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hey whats up, i have the FV15HP and that scene went pretty fine my sub didn't break a dam sweat. in one port mode you hear port port noise since its moving allot of air way below what this sub can play. in two port mode and no port noise at all. BUT you are picking the sealed version E15HP, so you will not have that problem and i doubt you will hear distortion that sub is no bitch man .don't be afraid to buy one, i just went to the site an pick the biggest and most powerful sub that i could afford and bought it without asking a question... bad idea? nope lol.
If you need a second opinion before you jump into the deep end of the pool I can give you that. I also have the FV15HP (and also bought sight unseen/unheard and never looked back) and can say you are good to go. Mine like MrGrey's played this scene with authority and no hint of breaking a sweat. I'm in one port mode but didn't hear any port noise, but now I'm curious and may go back and revisit to see if it's there. I combed over all the owners forums, SVS, HSU, eDesigns, Rythmik, Axiom, Aperion, Epik, and on and on before I committed to Rythmik. I can say for sure I have not regretted my choice for a second and have not ever thought I should have gone a different direction.

Go with Rythmik, I assure you you will be a very happy sub owner once that big box arrives.

Regards,

RTROSE
Madmax67 likes this.

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #23511 of 24623 Old 04-23-2016, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyone???

Really need to know room size, volume (SPL) at which you listen, etc. to have any hope of answering this. A single F12 may do fine in a small room at moderate or even loud volume while eight FV15HPs are probably not enough in a gym if you want to hit 115 dB.

I would email/pm/call Brian and/or Enrico, give them the details, and see what they say. Then tell us.
bear123 and Madmax67 like this.

post #23512 of 24623 Old 04-23-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
22x17x9 would be a better dimension.

For a room with a 9' ceiling, best of all would be 14.4' x 23.4', which is in the "golden ratio" of 1.0 x 1.6 x 2.6. The contractor won't like it though!

For sub and trap placement, traps in the corners and subs mid-wall is preferred. And sometimes getting the subs off the floor (elevated a couple of feet) helps too. ASC makes a trap that doubles as a sub stand---you put your sub right on top of the trap.
Madmax67 likes this.

Last edited by BDP24; 04-23-2016 at 03:51 PM.
post #23513 of 24623 Old 04-23-2016, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Trying to decide between LVX12 or an EHP15. I have an old SVS PB12-NSD. Ported 12 inch. Worked fine and a good performer. But its worn out. I have an average size front room, whole house is 1800 sq feet. Following the general rule of thumb, get the biggest bestest SW you can afford, I am thinking the EHP15. But it might be too much.

The dual ported LVX12 and its ability to configure 1 port, 2 port, etc., offers a bit of tuning.

But the bass punch from the sealed the EHP15 is something I'd be looking forward to.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #23514 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone???

Did you try giving the port more breathing room from the wall/corner? And possibly mid or high damping/ext?

On my LV12R, I did experience port noise one or twice with specific content and either of those actions did the trick. In fact, I give the rear port on my sub 9 inches from the wall since then.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #23515 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did you try giving the port more breathing room from the wall/corner? And possibly mid or high damping/ext?

On my LV12R, I did experience port noise one or twice with specific content and either of those actions did the trick. In fact, I give the rear port on my sub 9 inches from the wall since then.
Kylo Ren interrogating Poe, minimal to no port chuffing. but with Kylo Ren interrogating Rey i hear a little more port chuffing. i am using both Line in connection and even when i had the sub pointing towards the mlp and having 5ft in front of it that scene just makes make port noise, i am sure its just the scene and super low frequency causing it, plus you have to remember i don't have minidsp connected so i don't have anything EQ or reduced below so everything comes through.
Madmax67 likes this.

Center
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #23516 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:

Kylo Ren interrogating Poe, minimal to no port chuffing. but with Kylo Ren interrogating Rey i hear a little more port chuffing. i am using both Line in connection and even when i had the sub pointing towards the mlp and having 5ft in front of it that scene just makes make port noise, i am sure its just the scene and super low frequency causing it, plus you have to remember i don't have minidsp connected so i don't have anything EQ or reduced below so everything comes through.
Yeah, just must be a lot of flow from the port, which is a very low 12Hz tune. But in my experience, giving the port(s) and sub in general more breathing room tends to clean up and smooth the sound quality, as does midwall placement. Same case with my down ported Dayton sub.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #23517 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi All,
I'm the proud new owner of a used pair of F12's with silver cones and the A370PEQ3 plate amps. This is my first time having two subs.
So far I've only used the LFE Input as my AVR is the Denon X4000 which has dual sub outputs and Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 / Sub EQ HT.
Has anyone an opinion on how much if any improvement to the low end I might achieve if I learned how to and set up and use the the subs PEQ and their Line-In's instead?

Denon AVR X4000
Boston Acoustics VR-M60 - fronts, side surrounds & rear surrounds
Boston Acoustics VR-12 Center
2 - Rythmik Audio F12 subs
post #23518 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

First, congratulations!

Now, there too many unknowns to answer simply. Room size, MLP, sub placement, volume level, present and desired target responses, etc. You could make it a lot worse, or improve it somewhat. It is hard to do without some ability to measure; check out the REW thread and see if that is of interest. If not, you may be fine just letting your AVR handle them. You can always play around and see for yourself.

post #23519 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
First, congratulations!

Now, there too many unknowns to answer simply. Room size, MLP, sub placement, volume level, present and desired target responses, etc. You could make it a lot worse, or improve it somewhat. It is hard to do without some ability to measure; check out the REW thread and see if that is of interest. If not, you may be fine just letting your AVR handle them. You can always play around and see for yourself.
Thank you for your response.

I've had them for a few months now and am really enjoying them. My setup is focused for music and they are so nice. This is also my first time really setting up a listening space/HT.
I am learning to use REW, got a mic fm CrossLabs. This endeavor is certainly a bigger learning cure than I imagined, but I'm pleased so far and think maybe it's the best listening room I've ever had.
Since it's a from scratch learning curve to use the on-board PEQ's for not a big improvement and so far I feel my low end isn't too bad, I think I'll postpone doing this. Fortunately my basement room is 16W x 26L x 8H - to the subfloor above, w/drop ceiling at 6' 10", so a somewhat forgiving size.

Denon AVR X4000
Boston Acoustics VR-M60 - fronts, side surrounds & rear surrounds
Boston Acoustics VR-12 Center
2 - Rythmik Audio F12 subs
post #23520 of 24623 Old 04-24-2016, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiesd View Post
Thank you for your response.

I've had them for a few months now and am really enjoying them. My setup is focused for music and they are so nice. This is also my first time really setting up a listening space/HT.
I am learning to use REW, got a mic fm CrossLabs. This endeavor is certainly a bigger learning cure than I imagined, but I'm pleased so far and think maybe it's the best listening room I've ever had.
Since it's a from scratch learning curve to use the on-board PEQ's for not a big improvement and so far I feel my low end isn't too bad, I think I'll postpone doing this. Fortunately my basement room is 16W x 26L x 8H - to the subfloor above, w/drop ceiling at 6' 10", so a somewhat forgiving size.

Your amps have only one PEQ frequency, so that won't be the biggest challenge when using line in. It will be the phase control number one, and then the rest (x/o frequency, slopes, damping, etc). Reading through this entire Forum will provide you with a lot of info, as will all the technical literature on the Rythmik site. Great subs, congratulations!
Madmax67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub