Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 805 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4245Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
At this volume I got EQ through MCACC to come back as -6 for the sub. Weirdly my front right which is somewhat blocked by my couch is coming back at -3 while the non-obstructed front left comes back at -2. I'm changing the front right to -1 because to my ears that's equal in volume to the center and front left. Other than that and setting all speakers to small, I'm done! (For now until the new center comes in, and then until the sub is more broken in).
Music is a great way to tell if the front speakers is in phase have the proper db, the voices should be dead center making you think the center channel is on. best song to test imaging, i swear my center is on with this one

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
enricoclaudio likes this.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|
MrGrey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2016, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
To me the problem is not the RCA cable. Like I said, that location for the subwoofer is not a good location. The bass is just trapped between the wall, the couch and the table behind the subwoofer. On top of that in from of the driver you have the 684 speaker. Yes, bass frequencies below 80Hz are omnidirectional but all subwoofers also need some area around them to breath. At the end it's a speaker.
citsur86 and MrGrey like this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Music is a great way to tell if the front speakers is in phase have the proper db, the voices should be dead center making you think the center channel is on. best song to test imaging, i swear my center is on with this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5K5...ist=WL&index=3

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk


Yup thats a test i always do after EQ. It seriously freaks me out when i walk up to the center and nothing is coming out. Definitely in phase! Now i have to wait until tomorrow to do some more testing with the sub. Movies are in my future haha.


Sent from my iPad
MrGrey likes this.
citsur86 is offline  
 
Old 07-05-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
To me the problem is not the RCA cable. Like I said, that location for the subwoofer is not a good location. The bass is just trapped between the wall, the couch and the table behind the subwoofer. On top of that in from of the driver you have the 684 speaker. Yes, bass frequencies below 80Hz are omnidirectional but all subwoofers also need some area around them to breath. At the end it's a speaker.
I bet its a wife or how it looks thing. I think he's stuck there so i didn't want to push it. But hopefully he can move it

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|
MrGrey is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Yup thats a test i always do after EQ. It seriously freaks me out when i walk up to the center and nothing is coming out. Definitely in phase! Now i have to wait until tomorrow to do some more testing with the sub. Movies are in my future haha.


Sent from my iPad
Nice congrats on the new purchase got some good done today with that sub and cal.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|
MrGrey is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
To me the problem is not the RCA cable. Like I said, that location for the subwoofer is not a good location. The bass is just trapped between the wall, the couch and the table behind the subwoofer. On top of that in from of the driver you have the 684 speaker. Yes, bass frequencies below 80Hz are omnidirectional but all subwoofers also need some area around them to breath. At the end it's a speaker.


Yeah i hear ya and 100% agree. Definitely a WAF thing. Any suggestions on what i can do, being limited to that corner? Turn it? Push it up against the wall or couch? Anything like that? I did get it to EQ properly so that's good. And so far it sounds great to my ears. I do have the crossover to 100 though so 80-100hz frequencies might get muddied with it being so close to the 684 and facing it.

Correction: i just realized that my rears are rated down to 80hz, fronts to 44hz, surrounds to 49hz, and center to 48hz. Unfortunately my AVR only lets me set crossover for all speakers to one number so I've set it to 80hz for now.


Sent from my iPad

Last edited by citsur86; 07-05-2016 at 07:55 PM.
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
Here is the song I play first every time I finish to calibrate ANY sound system. If this song sounds good, then any song will sound perfect!!!

MrGrey likes this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Here is the song I play first every time I finish to calibrate ANY sound system. If this song sounds good, then any song will sound perfect!!!

Fourplay - Bali Run
WOW Nice!

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|
MrGrey is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,632
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2572 Post(s)
Liked: 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Here is the song I play first every time I finish to calibrate ANY sound system. If this song sounds good, then any song will sound perfect!!!
Nice.
I'll have to check that out tomorrow when I can turn it up a little.
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
And here is the song I play second. Totally different style but the bass on this tune is just awesome. At the end of the song there is 18Hz note that makes me jump of my chair (or bed) every time my subwoofers play it Of course, Coldplay is one of my favorites band ever

MrGrey likes this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Nice.
I'll have to check that out tomorrow when I can turn it up a little.
Yes. But the Youtube version is so compressed that there is almost no bass. I have the CD and lossless version as well so it's better if you play it in FLAC or WAW. If you have Tidal HIFI then there is it.
MrGrey likes this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Here is the song I play first every time I finish to calibrate ANY sound system. If this song sounds good, then any song will sound perfect!!!



Fourplay - Bali Run


Nice song! I like it! Wish i had the lesser compressed version. On itunes?


Sent from my iPad
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
iTunes is MP3. I can't listen to MP3 anymore, sorry!! That's why I have Tidal HIFI. It's $20 a month but you get FLAC files, not MP3 crap.
MrGrey likes this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Nice song! I like it! Wish i had the lesser compressed version. On itunes?


Sent from my iPad
Haha iTunes is still compressed 256kbps audio isn't it? I hope they at least have lossless by now in Flac or wav. Look at HDTRACKS they have a big collection.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|
MrGrey is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
And here is the song I play second. Totally different style but the bass on this tune is just awesome. At the end of the song there is 18Hz note that makes me jump of my chair (or bed) every time my subwoofers play it Of course, Coldplay is one of my favorites band ever



Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars


No fair the lv12r only goes down to 19hz! I can still hear that low at the end though. Guess that's where the +/-3 comes in


Sent from my iPad
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
iTunes is MP3. I can't listen to MP3 anymore, sorry!! That's why I have Tidal HIFI. It's $20 a month but you get FLAC files, not MP3 crap.


Hmm i'll have to check that out.


Sent from my iPad
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
You can try Tidal for Free for 30 days. You can switch between the standard MP3 version and the HIFI version just going into your settings, then you can compare both, MP3 and FLAC. Trust me, you will hear the difference and the extra $10 a month for HIFI worth every penny.
MrGrey likes this.



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
You can try Tidal for Free for 30 days. You can switch between the standard MP3 version and the HIFI version just going into your settings, then you can compare both, MP3 and FLAC. Trust me, you will hear the difference and the extra $10 a month for HIFI worth every penny.


Already signed up just now. How do i know if a song is playing in hifi? I noticed one song it was lit up white and the next it was gray. Does that indicate hifi vs not?


Sent from my iPad
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,889
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Liked: 1880
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
And here is the song I play second. Totally different style but the bass on this tune is just awesome. At the end of the song there is 18Hz note that makes me jump of my chair (or bed) every time my subwoofers play it Of course, Coldplay is one of my favorites band ever
But at the end of the day it's still... um, Coldplay... so bleech to that. You need to up your game a little and listen to something with a lot more energy. Try something like: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_6">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_6">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OCeKdXecUk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OCeKdXecUk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_7">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_7">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/felyOmO6liE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/felyOmO6liE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_8">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_8">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkY0jWF2CzA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkY0jWF2CzA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_9">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_9">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkhwK6Wlod8&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkhwK6Wlod8&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output --> or <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_10">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_10">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhJfdWxpI2Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhJfdWxpI2Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output --> Now that's the type of music to use when exercising a subwoofer. Crank it up!

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,889
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Liked: 1880
Whoa, WTF?! Does that look like nothing more than a bunch of HTML code to you? The preview was spot on, but the post itself looks like garbage. Way to go...

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Whoa, WTF?! Does that look like nothing more than a bunch of HTML code to you? The preview was spot on, but the post itself looks like garbage. Way to go...


Weird it put the HTML in there! I'll dig out the YouTube link in the morning and check it out.
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blacklightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB Canada
Posts: 909
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
First off the WAF thing is hilarious. My wife doesn't care much how it looks, as long as it looks somewhat professional. She wouldn't be cool with wires running all over the place, but towers etc. are no problem. My WAF is most definitely money related. She doesn't put much (no) importance on sound. If it was up to her we would be using the TV speakers. But she's OK with me having a hobby as long as I do it financially responsibly. So WAF is fiscally motivated.
Sent from my iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Yeah i hear ya and 100% agree. Definitely a WAF thing.

Sent from my iPad
lol, WAF is a killer. I see so many people say WAF is not a factor for them almost every time that they ask for the first time. Glad to see another one joined the group.
Blacklightning is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
lol, WAF is a killer. I see so many people say WAF is not a factor for them almost every time that they ask for the first time. Glad to see another one joined the group.



Haha yep I thought WAF was a money thing for me until I told her I was going to put the Lv12R in the middle of the room and it very quickly became "normal WAF" hahaha
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Already signed up just now. How do i know if a song is playing in hifi? I noticed one song it was lit up white and the next it was gray. Does that indicate hifi vs not?


Sent from my iPad
You have to go to: Settings/Streaming and select HIFI. Then whatever tune you play is FLAC@1411kbps. High is AAC@320kbps and Normal is AAC@96kbps

Also know that HIFI is only available with Chrome or Tidal Desktop Player which is available for Mac and Windows. Tidal is also available in a lot of devices like Oppo Players, Sonos, iOS, Android, etc.

http://tidal.com/us/download

The last time I bought a CD was like 1 year ago. I do Tidal for every thing, even when playing music in my car stereo via Apple CarPlay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 11.20.33 PM.png
Views:	43
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1530025  



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1319 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
But at the end of the day it's still... um, Coldplay... so bleech to that. You need to up your game a little and listen to something with a lot more energy. Try something like: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_6">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_6">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OCeKdXecUk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OCeKdXecUk&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_7">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_7">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/felyOmO6liE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/felyOmO6liE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_8">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_8">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkY0jWF2CzA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkY0jWF2CzA&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output -->, <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_9">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_9">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkhwK6Wlod8&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkhwK6Wlod8&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output --> or <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_output -->
<div style="display: none;" id="ame_noshow_post_1467776195_10">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</div>
<div style="display: inline;" id="ame_doshow_post_1467776195_10">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
<div align="center">
<!-- test -->
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640" style="margin:10px 0px; width: 640px !important;">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
<a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<object width="640" height="390">
<param name=''movie'' value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhJfdWxpI2Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1"></param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhJfdWxpI2Q&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table></div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_container -->
</div>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: ame_output --> Now that's the type of music to use when exercising a subwoofer. Crank it up!
WTH is this? Pitbull?



Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,076
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 851
If you want your parents to think you worship the devil and might have a weird friend who only comes exactly at 2am every night i do it for the bass Ma, for the baaasssss!!😂



Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Trash
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts Heavy Cinematic | Heavy Electronic|

Last edited by MrGrey; 07-05-2016 at 10:30 PM.
MrGrey is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Jut popped Kickass blueray in. It's in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1. I'll admit I had it kind of loud. The dts clip at the beginning almost blew my head off though. The bass kick at the beginning was awesome haha. I would like to tell you what volume my receiver is at, but it's weird - i just realized it counts up. Any idea why? It's at 46. I'm used to negative numbers approaching 0. VSX-44. I wonder if there is a way to change it.
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,632
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2572 Post(s)
Liked: 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I wonder if there is a way to change it.
Dont wonder. Consult the manual.
Bond 007 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,255
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1348 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Dont wonder. Consult the manual.
yeah pulled it up online - searched the whole thing for volume, negative, positive - no luck. Not even sure what to look for.
citsur86 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,632
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2572 Post(s)
Liked: 2036
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
yeah pulled it up online - searched the whole thing for volume, negative, positive - no luck. Not even sure what to look for.
Good chance its not adjustable then.
Theres a thread for your receiver you could try.
citsur86 likes this.
Bond 007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off