Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 819 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2012Likes
post #24541 of 24554 Unread 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch
Odd, I have my f12 hooked up with a splitter to the l and r, I thought at the time it was to deal with lowvoltage coming from my Yamaha avr's LFE. I was setup three years ago so I doubt I remember right. One day I'll have to move it back to one wire and re-calibrate.
If your receiver has low voltage (most Yamahas do) or if you are using a miniDSP 2x4 (not the balanced) then using both LINE IN or LFE IN is OK. It's also OK to use both LINE IN if you have a stereo pre amp. But in most cases using both LFE inputs can cause excessive input gain on the pre amp section of the amp then it will cause distortion due to clipping. This is more noticeable during movies with high bass content.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24542 of 24554 Unread 07-23-2016, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is there anyone with F12s that uses Line In for music and LFE for movies? How are you accomplishing this?
I have tried with a switcher box, one for each sub, but for some reason one of the subs will not perform correctly as line level is reduced. If only one switch box is connected then it works fine. Inverting the switches does not solve the issue. Connecting the preamp directly to the subs results in perfect level matching. Any idea what is causing the problem?
post #24543 of 24554 Unread 07-23-2016, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Another question I have for those with F12, what are your settings on the sub for films (extension, rumble filter, etc.) ?
post #24544 of 24554 Unread 07-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio
If your receiver has low voltage (most Yamahas do) or if you are using a miniDSP 2x4 (not the balanced) then using both LINE IN or LFE IN is OK. It's also OK to use both LINE IN if you have a stereo pre amp. But in most cases using both LFE inputs can cause excessive input gain on the pre amp section of the amp then it will cause distortion due to clipping. This is more noticeable during movies with high bass content.
wow i had no clue that was something to be aware of , is using both LINE IN OK? or will it be susceptible to clipping and distortion like when using both LFE connections?

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP

Last edited by MrGrey; Yesterday at 01:27 AM.
post #24545 of 24554 Unread 07-23-2016, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 57
@norixone I will message you back in a few minutes. I just went thru this. Rythmik, as well as fellow as member have helped me out.
post #24546 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 02:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey
wow i had no clue that was something to be aware of , is using both LINE IN OK? or will it be susceptible to clipping and distortion like when using both LFE connections?
Your sub has 2 LFE and 2 Line In connections?
post #24547 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 02:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norixone
Is there anyone with F12s that uses Line In for music and LFE for movies? How are you accomplishing this?
I have tried with a switcher box, one for each sub, but for some reason one of the subs will not perform correctly as line level is reduced. If only one switch box is connected then it works fine. Inverting the switches does not solve the issue. Connecting the preamp directly to the subs results in perfect level matching. Any idea what is causing the problem?
I think youre making it more complicated than it needs to be for little/no advantage.
post #24548 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 02:30 AM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007
I'm assuming he has the same thing as me where there is, Line in Left and Right, and LFE in Left and Right.
post #24549 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Yeah, the FV15HP.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #24550 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelFisch
Odd, I have my f12 hooked up with a splitter to the l and r, I thought at the time it was to deal with lowvoltage coming from my Yamaha avr's LFE. I was setup three years ago so I doubt I remember right. One day I'll have to move it back to one wire and re-calibrate.
In my case, both a Yamaha AVR and using an unbalanced MiniDSP 2x4 unbalanced necessitates using both Line In inputs. That'sbecause the AVR doesn't output as much as Denon's, for example and the MiniDSP 2x4 unbalanced has a max 0.9V RMS output.

Additionally, I don't listen above -30MV and since the MiniDSP 2x4 unbalanced is also limited to max 0.9V RMS input that means with sub trim at 0.0dB on my Yamaha AVR, 0.9V RMS is reached around -10MV, (assuming a 0dBFS peak at 60Hz, sine wave).

So, basically in my case the sub is always getting well under 0.9V RMS even with the most aggressive peaks in the most bass demanding movies.

YMMV...
post #24551 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II
@enricoclaudio is there any advantage to running a y-adapter to the LFE left/right versus just one input?

F25
No advantage and no advisable either. Using both LFE inputs will increase the input gain by +6dB and that can cause the subwoofer to clip and distort.
Simple question either you or Brian can answer:

If you use both LFE inputs (or both Line In inputs alternatively), and lower sub gain knob by the equivalent of 6dB, is the still anymore likely to clip or distort vs. using a single LFE in or Line In and setting sub gain knob 6dB higher (to match output to scenario with using both inputs of Line In or LFE?
post #24552 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey
F series models with premium amps (FVX15 being the exception as it has an aluminum cone but not the premium amp of the other F series models)
post #24553 of 24554 Unread Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Long time lurker but I think it's time to post. I received my E15HP SE with silver cone on Friday and it looks like a big slab of awesome sitting next to my new Paradigms (gf doesn't agree but she hasn't said get rid of it yet so my fingers are crossed). I really mean big, the damn thing is huge, it almost doesn't fit. I haven't had a chance to adjust it or listen to it but it seems to blend well right out of the box. I'll sit down one of these evenings and see what I can make it do. Does anyone have a good set of starting settings I can set it to? It is currently plugged in via LFE from a Yamaha a3050 receiver.

It replaced a Paradigm Seismic 110 that I moved to my room where space was tight so I'm hoping it sounds at least as good. It was a b-stock sub but so far I haven't found a single defect though I haven't looked (supposed to be on the back so who cares). The look and the construction seem top notch, I just wish it came in midnight cherry like the Paradigms .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160722_130628.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	1564041   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160722_130622.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1564049  

Last edited by mdchaser; Yesterday at 11:25 PM. Reason: World domination
post #24554 of 24554 Unread Today, 01:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by budeliao
Hi steveting99,

Was just looking at your setup in the referenced thread. I was planning on running LRF into the DSP with outputs to LR mains, 2 FM8s, and 2 F15HPs letting the minidsp do crossover and eq.

Reading this:
"Receiver is the Marantz SR-7009 with Audyssey XT32 room equalization. The center channel pre-out is used to split the mid and high frequencies to the KEF E301c center speaker and low frequencies to the mid bass modules (Rythmik F8 x2) using the miniDSP 10x10HD (A-->D-->A converter unit)."

I was curious about how you had set everything up.

Thanks.
Hi budeliao,

Apologies for the late response and yes the setup is a bit complicated, more so now that the miniDSP DDRC-88A with Dirac Live is in the chain with the 10x10HD.

The helicopter view is the front sound stage consists of the LCR + front heights. I'm using a pair of Rythmik F8 as mid-bass modules with the LCR + front height satellites to extend the frequency response to around 40Hz to 20Hz on a per channel basis.

The Rythmik F12G are used as normal pair of subs up front due to WAF and space restrictions. Bass management is handled in the receiver and the crossover is around 100Hz to 150Hz depending the speaker pair (will have to check the settings again to confirm this).

The only unknown so far is the center channel which I'm using both F8 as mid-bass modules. Not sure of the response as there is a possibility of phase cancellations due to MTM arrangement. Will have to break out the REW gear and measure the center speaker one day to check. Haven't had time recently due to work and family commitments.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub