Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 821 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 2030Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #24601 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
The low pass filter (crossover knob and lpf slope switch)

By the way, when you get REW you can do compression sweeps (carefully) and determine at what volume setting on the AVR the sub starts compressing at 20Hz.

Also, keep in mind that MCACC could be setting the sub a bit hot all on its own (YPAO sets mine 6-7 dB hot all on its own) AND that bass management adds to the LFE too. And the more speaker channels you have the more bass management is sent to the sub. All these things can make the sub play louder than it would otherwise.

So, how loud the sub plays is based on whether the sw trim is running hot and by how much, the number of bass managed speaker channels, and obviously the AVR master volume (MV).

And regarding bass management, if you don't use upmixing, 2.0 has 2 channels of bass management, 5.1 has 5, 7.1 has 7, etc.

So, a 5.1.signal will have the sub playing more softly than a 7.1 signal by a few dB.
Got it - I'm playing in 5.1 with PLIIz on to power the front heights - so 7 channels. Just got to the scene where they crash and he is floating under water. The sub made some not so nice sounds. Sounded low, so not clipping or anything, but possibly was just a frequency too low to hear. Besides that part and the one at the beginning, the sub has handled the movie wonderfully. The whole system sounded great. I'm at 55 now and im assuming this is close to reference as it is very loud - just below unpleasantly so haha.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24602 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 15,298
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
So, a 5.1.signal will have the sub playing more softly than a 7.1 signal by a few dB.
First Ive heard that. You confirm that with REW?

Last edited by Bond 007; Yesterday at 07:45 AM.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #24603 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 15,298
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
So I have a big problem (I think). I popped in Edge of Tomorrow this morning since I heard it was a good movie to watch for the LFE. At the beginning, before the movie really started, there was a crazy sound that came out of the LV12R that did not sound right at all. When I got up to switch it over to High (it was on Low) i noticed it wasnt on, and it wont turn on - even when plugged in. If I put the switch to On or Auto, no lights. Any idea what happened here?
Woops. Might not wanna do that again.
Its a Rhythmik but its the entry level Rhythmik. Adjust your standards accordingly.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #24604 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Woops. Might not wanna do that again.
Its a Rhythmik but its the entry level Rhythmik. Adjust your standards accordingly.
Well I wasn't searching out that scene - just read that it was a good movie for LFE so decided to pop it in this morning. It's a bit scary that at the normal volume I listen to movies with my EQ as it is, there's a chance that some random scene in a movie could do that to the sub. Guess from now on before I watch a movie I will look it up online to see if there are any watch-out moments like that one. So far I've seen just Edge of Tomorrow and Django have Subwoofer killing parts. Any others off the top of anyones head they could think of?

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24605 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 15,298
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Well I wasn't searching out that scene - just read that it was a good movie for LFE so decided to pop it in this morning. It's a bit scary that at the normal volume I listen to movies with my EQ as it is, there's a chance that some random scene in a movie could do that to the sub. Guess from now on before I watch a movie I will look it up online to see if there are any watch-out moments like that one. So far I've seen just Edge of Tomorrow and Django have Subwoofer killing parts. Any others off the top of anyones head they could think of?
Theres no way thats the case.
Youre either listening way too loud or have the sub way too hot.
Ive had the LV12r for 6 years and have never had any problem.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #24606 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Theres no way thats the case.
Youre either listening way too loud or have the sub way too hot.
Ive had the LV12r for 6 years and have never had any problem.
So I have the sub at +6db from what MCACC set it to, and I was listening probably a bit under reference. Is that not reasonable? Also the more I've read about this this morning, the more I see its rare and only present in a handful of movies. Have you watched Edge of Tomorrow with your normal settings? No issues?

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24607 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
healthnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Well I wasn't searching out that scene - just read that it was a good movie for LFE so decided to pop it in this morning. It's a bit scary that at the normal volume I listen to movies with my EQ as it is, there's a chance that some random scene in a movie could do that to the sub. Guess from now on before I watch a movie I will look it up online to see if there are any watch-out moments like that one. So far I've seen just Edge of Tomorrow and Django have Subwoofer killing parts. Any others off the top of anyones head they could think of?


The rescue scene in Lone Survivor, The pod scene in War of the Worlds, the dragon fight (10hz) in How to Train your Dragon, check out the master thread of low bass scenes for much more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
healthnut is online now  
post #24608 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,539
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
So, a 5.1.signal will have the sub playing more softly than a 7.1 signal by a few dB.
First Ive heard that. You confirm that with REW?
Well, REW hdmi channel 4 is just LFE. It doesn't include the usual 5 or 7 bass managed speaker channels.

I've read this in many places AVS and other, including the Audyssey thread, I believe.

Also, he should make sure that MCACC is not setting the sub hot like YPAO is in my case... I use to think I liked running the sub 3-4dB hot but in reality it was 3-4dB plus 6-7dB hot: up to 11dB hot! And that is with a flat sub frequency response, not a house curve.

I now just leave it where YPAO sets it (6-7dB hot). It integrates alot better at these more reasonable levels.

I also discovered that by lowering all my speaker and the sub trim (via offsets) so the lowest channel is -10.0dB, I can set my sub gain much lower than if relying on YPAO alone (keeping sub trim just under 0). And this interestingly enough gets the speakers playing 75dB with the AVR manual test tones at 0MV. Basically, like if I had an AVR with Audyssey.
PlasmaPZ80U is online now  
post #24609 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,539
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Theres no way thats the case.
Youre either listening way too loud or have the sub way too hot.
Ive had the LV12r for 6 years and have never had any problem.
So I have the sub at +6db from what MCACC set it to, and I was listening probably a bit under reference. Is that not reasonable? Also the more I've read about this this morning, the more I see its rare and only present in a handful of movies. Have you watched Edge of Tomorrow with your normal settings? No issues?
Odds are the size of your room plus your listening levels with sub 6dB hot made the sub exceed it's output limits down low.

REW will let you see what's going on and how loud you can get in your room without issues but you might need more subwoofer(s) if you want to continue listening at your present levels.

You also can check in REW that MCACC isn't already running things hot on its own or that it's boosting the sub too much, especially the low end.
PlasmaPZ80U is online now  
post #24610 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,539
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 463
I just did some compression sweeps to point of minor compression at 20Hz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	compression sweeps.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	1565729
Attached Files
File Type: zip share compression sweeps.zip (758.9 KB, 8 views)

UN46EH6030 Calibration/Settings
Samsung UN46EH6030; Yamaha HTR-3066, SVS Prime Bookshelf Mains and Prime Center, Rythmik LV12R; PS4, Xbox One, Motorola RNG150N

Last edited by PlasmaPZ80U; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.
PlasmaPZ80U is online now  
post #24611 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,206
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Figured it out. The fuse under where the power cord is plugged in (found the pull out compartment) was blown. Luckily you good folks not only protected the sub from destroying itself, but you also provided an extra fuse within the pull out chamber. Fixed it. Recalibrating using MCACC now and I'll leave the sub at -6 for the duration of the movie. Crossover is 80hz for all speakers. Cheers!
You might want to keep an eye on that. Even if you did overdrive/overheat the sub I would think the thermal circuit should have shut it down before the fuse popped. That's uncommon, at least in my experience anyway.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
post #24612 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
You might want to keep an eye on that. Even if you did overdrive/overheat the sub I would think the thermal circuit should have shut it down before the fuse popped. That's uncommon, at least in my experience anyway.


Strange. I didn't do anything strange just plugged into LFE like normal.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24613 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,815
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3706 Post(s)
Liked: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
So I have a big problem (I think). I popped in Edge of Tomorrow this morning since I heard it was a good movie to watch for the LFE. At the beginning, before the movie really started, there was a crazy sound that came out of the LV12R that did not sound right at all. When I got up to switch it over to High (it was on Low) i noticed it wasnt on, and it wont turn on - even when plugged in. If I put the switch to On or Auto, no lights. Any idea what happened here?
Very well known sub killer scene. The rest of the movie doesn't even have much bass, just the out-of-place tones during the intro.

Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!

Edge of Tomorrow - Is My SW Broken?

Edge of Tomorrow intro
Alan P is offline  
post #24614 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Very well known sub killer scene. The rest of the movie doesn't even have much bass, just the out-of-place tones during the intro.



Edge of Tomorrow... careful guys!



Edge of Tomorrow - Is My SW Broken?



Edge of Tomorrow intro


Wow i don't understand why they would put that into the movies sound mix! Lucky for me the fuse blew and sub is fine after having replaced it.
MrGrey likes this.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24615 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,206
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Strange. I didn't do anything strange just plugged into LFE like normal.
You didn't do anything wrong. A properly engineered subwoofer - which the Rythmik line are - will be designed to prevent the user from doing anything foolish. Mechanisms such as shelf filters and thermal protection are incorporated to avert self destruction. You may hear the occasion port chuffing, or some other sound of distress, but those are more an indication of reaching a limit then signs you've damaged anything. Think along the lines of tire squeal; you push a car too hard around a corner and you're likely to get an audible warning that you're approaching the limits of adhesion (squeal). Back it down a touch and all is good. Similar concept.

A blown fuse is a bit different though, because that implies the current draw exceeded rated capacity. That's never good. However, fuses are really cheap mass produced parts with zero QC that are made by the gazillions. It's not inconceivable that you were squealing the tires, as it were, and the fuse blew before its rated capacity would have suggested. In other words, it might have been a bum fuse from the get go. That's why I suggested just keeping your eye on it; while a blown fuse is not common, it may have been due to something not related to the amp or what you were doing.
newc33 likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite

Last edited by JimWilson; Yesterday at 03:32 PM.
JimWilson is online now  
post #24616 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
ndabunka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Got it - I'm playing in 5.1 with PLIIz on to power the front heights - so 7 channels. Just got to the scene where they crash and he is floating under water. The sub made some not so nice sounds. Sounded low, so not clipping or anything, but possibly was just a frequency too low to hear. Besides that part and the one at the beginning, the sub has handled the movie wonderfully. The whole system sounded great. I'm at 55 now and im assuming this is close to reference as it is very loud - just below unpleasantly so haha.
if your amp goes from zero to 100 then 50 is probably reference so you may want to turn it down to 50 moving forward. No need for anything to be "near unpleasant".

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine ...
ndabunka is offline  
post #24617 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
if your amp goes from zero to 100 then 50 is probably reference so you may want to turn it down to 50 moving forward. No need for anything to be "near unpleasant".

It goes from 0 to 80 actually. But I think it sounds closest to the volume you would hear in a movie theater around 50-55. Anything over 55 is harsh and unpleasant. I usually watch movies somewhere between 50-55

Can anyone tell me what size fuse it is that's used in the LV12R? I would like to pick some up to have on hand in case this one goes.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24618 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,224
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 246
if you blow more than 1 fuse, I would be looking at other issues. if you cant turn up your system to 70-80% maybe your gains and/or trims are set too high.

I was just listening to some bass hvy music and my velodyne hgs 12 started making obnoxious sounds. I quickly muted and checked its controls and forget to turn back on its subsonic filter. it was really trying to keep up with my rythmik :P

I had it turned off for some movies, but music will really test a sub imo more than 99% movies due to movies usually just an explosion or short duration boom, where music can literally be non stop.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP

Last edited by torii; Yesterday at 04:13 PM.
torii is online now  
post #24619 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
if you blow more than 1 fuse, I would be looking at other issues. if you cant turn up your system to 70-80% maybe your gains and/or trims are set too high.


Only the one has blown so far. Just want to have another on hand in case it happens so I can get back up and running immediately, at which point I would do some further investigation. My UMIK-1 comes tomorrow and I have the house to myself, so I'll be running REW tomorrow.

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker
==============================

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
citsur86 is online now  
post #24620 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,224
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 246
sounds like a good plan

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is online now  
post #24621 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,206
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Can anyone tell me what size fuse it is that's used in the LV12R? I would like to pick some up to have on hand in case this one goes.
Assuming it's the ubiquitous glass tube style it will etched into the metal ends.
ndabunka likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
post #24622 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,337
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Can anyone tell me what size fuse it is that's used in the LV12R? I would like to pick some up to have on hand in case this one goes.

Make sure they didn't put the lower rating for 220VAC fuse in there.

Here's an example

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/XLR3_sealed_quickguide.pdf

Last edited by laserjock II; Yesterday at 06:49 PM.
laserjock II is online now  
post #24623 of 24625 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Member
 
buckshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Socal
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
My FV15HP has a new friend. The UPS guy dropped this off today.

The AVS forum is good for the ears but terrible for the wallet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3905.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	1566521  
Matt2026 and Scott Stice like this.
buckshot is offline  
post #24624 of 24625 Old Today, 06:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ga
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have not taken the time to score this thread, so please forgive me if these questions have been answered. I purchased a Rythmik LVR12 last year and was immediately underwhelmed by it's performance. I had to turn it way up and while the depth and nuance is there, things seem to be missing or hollow. I played around with the settings to get it acceptable. Time passed by as life and kids took center stage, so I haven't revisited this issue until now. My Yamaha 673 blew, so I was in the market for a new receiver. I ended up purchasing a Denon X3200W brand new for an excellent price since the newer models were about to come out. Now I'm back to the same dilemma. I ran Audyssey, I made sure the sub woofer was selected to "yes", I've increased the DB on the sub, I've turned off Dynamic EQ, I changed the fronts from large to small, I turned Audyssey off , the crossover is at 80hz and I even moved the sub from the left side of my sitting position to the right, however I don't feel I'm getting the overall SPL that I should be for 600 bucks. By comparison, I hooked up my aging 150 dollar Polk PSW505 and while the definition isn't there on the bottom end, the overall volume is much better than the Rythmik. Places in movies where the Rythmik seems to have no volume are apparent with the Polk. I have to turn the volume to 3 o'clock to get any noticeable volume out of the Rythmik. If it's set at half, it's like the sub isn't doing anything. My room is 12 by 12. I have not tried to corner load it, because it may be difficult due to the size of it. I have a solid knowledge of sound, but I am no expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thinksmartpc is online now  
post #24625 of 24625 Old Today, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,539
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinksmartpc View Post
I have not taken the time to score this thread, so please forgive me if these questions have been answered. I purchased a Rythmik LVR12 last year and was immediately underwhelmed by it's performance. I had to turn it way up and while the depth and nuance is there, things seem to be missing or hollow. I played around with the settings to get it acceptable. Time passed by as life and kids took center stage, so I haven't revisited this issue until now. My Yamaha 673 blew, so I was in the market for a new receiver. I ended up purchasing a Denon X3200W brand new for an excellent price since the newer models were about to come out. Now I'm back to the same dilemma. I ran Audyssey, I made sure the sub woofer was selected to "yes", I've increased the DB on the sub, I've turned off Dynamic EQ, I changed the fronts from large to small, I turned Audyssey off , the crossover is at 80hz and I even moved the sub from the left side of my sitting position to the right, however I don't feel I'm getting the overall SPL that I should be for 600 bucks. By comparison, I hooked up my aging 150 dollar Polk PSW505 and while the definition isn't there on the bottom end, the overall volume is much better than the Rythmik. Places in movies where the Rythmik seems to have no volume are apparent with the Polk. I have to turn the volume to 3 o'clock to get any noticeable volume out of the Rythmik. If it's set at half, it's like the sub isn't doing anything. My room is 12 by 12. I have not tried to corner load it, because it may be difficult due to the size of it. I have a solid knowledge of sound, but I am no expert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have REW and a calibrated usb mic? Or is there an AVS user who lives nearby who could help you with that?

One new Rythmik F12 owner just went through a similar issue and after proper placement and setup/calibration, he went from wanting to return it to hugely impressed by it.

By the way, I have the LV12R and a 12' by 12' by 8' room too and I'm getting very satisfying results, so in time you should be able to as well.

I'd say placement and sub EQ are critical otherwise you may end up with huge peaks and nulls/dips in a square room.

My sub is on the left wall, midwall and MLP is about 8-9ft to the right of it, about 3-4ft from the right midwall.
PlasmaPZ80U is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off