Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 823 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2041Likes
post #24661 of 24667 Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Picking up my two FM8s tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to see what they do to mid bass. Still trying to decide on final bookshelf selections, but initially will be running stereo F15HPs, FM8s, and Klipsch RP-160Ms. Going to be interesting to see how much dorking around it takes with REW to get decent curves, but hoping for some nice 50-150ish Hz slam from the FM8s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24662 of 24667 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1653 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by budeliao View Post
Picking up my two FM8s tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to see what they do to mid bass. Still trying to decide on final bookshelf selections, but initially will be running stereo F15HPs, FM8s, and Klipsch RP-160Ms. Going to be interesting to see how much dorking around it takes with REW to get decent curves, but hoping for some nice 50-150ish Hz slam from the FM8s.
How are you planning to tie in the mid-bass (FM8) with the Klipsch RP-160M and subs? Does your receiver/pre/pro allow active electronic crossover selection/pre-outs for your setup?

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #24663 of 24667 Old Today, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ok, so I ALMOST have my sub sounding great. This is what I did.

I moved it back to the original location which is left of the front stage, 4 feet from the left wall and now only 13 inches from the back wall. I looked at the phase control on my sub and noticed it was set to 90. I turned it to 0 and the volume to 50%. I turned DynEQ on and reran the Audyssey setup. The first pass it didnt find my sub. This is odd because previously I never received this message and it automatically set my sub to -12db, which I think was the main issue. The second pass my sub was found and I went ahead and ran through all 8 tests. I have a camera tripod, so I was able to get the perfect height on each location. After setup, I checked all the settings. My list is from memory. There may be some things I forgot.

Sub is now at -3.5 db (much better)
Crossover says 80hz for everything except the surrounds. They are set to 60hz. Is this odd to have those different?
All speakers were set to SMALL.

My test scene is always the campus scene on The Incredible Hulk. The bass was much more noticeable and pressurized my room quite well without any further tweaks past what I listed above. When I find some more time this weekend, Im going to follow some other suggestions about pushing the DB a bit more etc.
ndabunka likes this.

Last edited by thinksmartpc; Today at 07:03 AM.
post #24664 of 24667 Old Today, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
How are you planning to tie in the mid-bass (FM8) with the Klipsch RP-160M and subs? Does your receiver/pre/pro allow active electronic crossover selection/pre-outs for your setup?
Still trying to figure out the final solution, but will start with F15HPs on LFE, L and R pre-outs thru external analog x-over to Adcom GFA-555 driving the RP-160Ms and the FM8s. If I can get satisfactory sound I will look at a miniDSP solution. I'm not so keen on putting signals thru A/D-D/A, but reading your posts that seems to be working well in your setup.

Onkyo TX-NR838, Adcom GFA-555, Klipsch RP-160M (2), Klipsch RC-62ii, Klipsch RB-10 (2), Polk Audio RC65i (2), Rythmik F15HP (3) + FM8 (2)
post #24665 of 24667 Old Today, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1551 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinksmartpc View Post
Ok, so I ALMOST have my sub sounding great. This is what I did.

I moved it back to the original location which is left of the front stage, 4 feet from the left wall and now only 13 inches from the back wall. I looked at the phase control on my sub and noticed it was set to 90. I turned it to 0 and the volume to 50%. I turned DynEQ on and reran the Audyssey setup. The first pass it didnt find my sub. This is odd because previously I never received this message and it automatically set my sub to -12db, which I think was the main issue. The second pass my sub was found and I went ahead and ran through all 8 tests. I have a camera tripod, so I was able to get the perfect height on each location. After setup, I checked all the settings. My list is from memory. There may be some things I forgot.

Sub is now at -3.5 db (much better)
Crossover says 80hz for everything except the surrounds. They are set to 60hz. Is this odd to have those different?
All speakers were set to SMALL.

My test scene is always the campus scene on The Incredible Hulk. The bass was much more noticeable and pressurized my room quite well without any further tweaks past what I listed above. When I find some more time this weekend. Im going to follow some other suggestions about pushing the DB a bit more etc.
Glad to hear it
post #24666 of 24667 Old Today, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 70
At this point I am seriously thinking I inadvertently did some damage to my LV12R at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow. It's rattling quite a bit now during MCACC, sweeps (even at -22db and MCACC EQ at -6db on receiver), and during movie watching at much lower volumes than i was before during LFE parts. Am I SOL or what?

==============================
FS: Proficient GL6 Center Channel Speaker

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
post #24667 of 24667 Unread Today, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
At this point I am seriously thinking I inadvertently did some damage to my LV12R at the beginning of Edge of Tomorrow. It's rattling quite a bit now during MCACC, sweeps (even at -22db and MCACC EQ at -6db on receiver), and during movie watching at much lower volumes than i was before during LFE parts. Am I SOL or what?
Push the center of the cone and listen for a metallic noise. If the metallic noise is present then the driver is bad. Also, if you can, make a recording of the rattling noise and send it to me and Brian so we can listen to it and find out what the problem is.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub