Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 854 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2391Likes

post #25591 of 25602 Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruser View Post
Do these subs vibrate a lot? Thought about stacking some amps on top of the E15. The 94lb Monolith 7 comes to mind. Any thoughts?
Just the driver. The enclosures are very solid. You can't feel any vibrations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25592 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbkt View Post
This is extremely useful. Thanks for compiling and sharing it with everyone.
You're welcome. BTW, let me know if you come across any broken hyperlinks, it's been a while since I scoured the document for problems. Thx.

Salk SongTowers-RAAL/Salk SongCtr-RAAL/Salk SongSurr ; Rythmik F12 (x2) (my humble setup guide) ; Denon 4520CI; D-Sonic M2-800S; Oppo BDP93; Panny 65VT50; BJCables; NAS DLNA; Xbox 360; Chromecast; Harmony One; Furman Elite-15 PFi; Omnimic & REW; CalMAN 5 HT i1D3 & i1Pro2 ::Headphones:: RPi3 w/Digi+ > AGD DAC19 > Cavalli LC > HFM HE400i & Meze 99 Classics ::: CCA > Schiit Bifrost 4490 > Schiit Valhalla > Senn HD600 ::: FooB2K > Schiit Modi2U > Schiit Magni2U > Oppo PM3
post #25593 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I'll post those later tonight.
Any updates? How are you liking the FV15HP?
post #25594 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
Loving it. There has been a few times so far that it's absolutely blown me away. I just finished doing some final calibration on it after reading about perceived vs. measured flat responses and house curves. I found for my "house" this CH3 (CC+sub) response gives me very close volumes at 30-35hz and 80hz, 300hz, 1000hz, 10,000hz.

Just watching south park today, the episode where stan becomes extremely cynical (for those who watch), there was some musical parts and even that blew me away with how clean the bass sounded in that music. I'm finding that I enjoy how precise it sounds as much as I am when it's loud and booming. Going to watch the Wolf of Wall Street with the wife tonight - not sure if theres much in there in the way of great bass, but I wouldn't be surprised to find myself smiling at one part or another. Said goodbye to the LV12R today as I dropped it off at UPS. I'll likely have another FV15HP in my future, but not until I get a SR6011 hopefully
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1621601  
rcohen, PlasmaPZ80U and MrGrey like this.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
Pioneer Elite VSX-44 AVR, MiniDSP 2x4 HD DAP,
Rythmik FV15HP SW, B&W 684 S1 Mains,
B&W 685 S1 Surrounds, B&W CM Center S2,
Polk T15 Heights, Yamaha NS-AP2800S Rears
post #25595 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Loving it. There has been a few times so far that it's absolutely blown me away. I just finished doing some final calibration on it after reading about perceived vs. measured flat responses and house curves. I found for my "house" this CH3 (CC+sub) response gives me very close volumes at 30-35hz and 80hz, 300hz, 1000hz, 10,000hz.

Just watching south park today, the episode where stan becomes extremely cynical (for those who watch), there was some musical parts and even that blew me away with how clean the bass sounded in that music. I'm finding that I enjoy how precise it sounds as much as I am when it's loud and booming. Going to watch the Wolf of Wall Street with the wife tonight - not sure if theres much in there in the way of great bass, but I wouldn't be surprised to find myself smiling at one part or another. Said goodbye to the LV12R today as I dropped it off at UPS. I'll likely have another FV15HP in my future, but not until I get a SR6011 hopefully

Thats awesome to hear. Rythmik should be getting my F12 back tomorrow or friday and hopefully shipping out my FV15HP early next week. Already missing the bass haha
post #25596 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Liking the flat graph & 90dB @ 15Hz is pretty darn strong

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine. Just say'N

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4, B&W Signature 7's (Left/Right), FMP4 Center, CWM7.5 surrounds & rears, CCM65 (Four in-ceiling), Rythmik 15" Custom, Sony VPL-HW50ES
post #25597 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thats awesome to hear. Rythmik should be getting my F12 back tomorrow or friday and hopefully shipping out my FV15HP early next week. Already missing the bass haha

Please update us when you receive it and as your setting it up. I'm a sucker for unboxing posts even after I've unboxed my own haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Liking the flat graph & 90dB @ 15Hz is pretty darn strong

Yeah living room now goes boom haha. Couple downed picture frames so far haha.
Marc Alexander and ndabunka like this.

post #25598 of 25602 Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Please update us when you receive it and as your setting it up. I'm a sucker for unboxing posts even after I've unboxed my own haha.
Ill see if i can manage some unboxing pictures and impressions.
post #25599 of 25602 Old Today, 05:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Quote:

Just a heads up... that graph shows 25Hz is 15dB hot vs. the CC average level.

(That's pretty extreme.)
post #25600 of 25602 Old Today, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 4248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

(That's pretty extreme.)
+1

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #25601 of 25602 Old Today, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

(That's pretty extreme.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
+1
Although I also posted this over in the REW thread, I'll repeat it here for the folks that don't follow that one, as it's still relevant to Rythmik since it's with my FV15HP.

Here is the thing - the above graph was after I ran MCACC with the subwoofer volume knob in a position where the sub came out to -6db. Then I ran it up to -2db. My understanding was that I was then running it 4db hot. So how could MCACC place it at -6db vs. the other speakers, while REW shows it 15db hot? Would this mean my MCACC mic is off compared to my UMIK-1 by a factor of 11db?

post #25602 of 25602 Old Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Quote:

(That's pretty extreme.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
+1
Although I also posted this over in the REW thread, I'll repeat it here for the folks that don't follow that one, as it's still relevant to Rythmik since it's with my FV15HP.

Here is the thing - the above graph was after I ran MCACC with the subwoofer volume knob in a position where the sub came out to -6db. Then I ran it up to -2db. My understanding was that I was then running it 4db hot. So how could MCACC place it at -6db vs. the other speakers, while REW shows it 15db hot? Would this mean my MCACC mic is off compared to my UMIK-1 by a factor of 11db?
The reason why 4dB hot set by you in this case equates to 15dB hot at 25Hz is twofold:

1. Even with a flat response from 12Hz to 90Hz or higher MCACC is setting things hot all on its own. YPAO does the same for me to the amount of 6-7dB hot.

2. A house curve has more output with low bass and Infrasonics and less output with mid to upper bass. So even if the average sub level for say 30Hz to 80Hz is reference (i.e. matching the speaker level), the low/infrasonics will still be hot by some dB.

So, if you combine MCACC running things hot on it's own plus the house curve plus another 4dB, you get overkill in the low bass/Infrasonics.

Personally, I would leave the sw trim where MCACC sets it as that will still put you a bit over 10dB hot in the low bass, which is plenty hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub