Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 856 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2402Likes
post #25651 of 25656 Unread Today, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I see an open concept, so you won't be getting much room gain. This is a large space to pressurize! I would consider some tactile transducers for the ULF feel.

Most amplifiers have a harder time amplifying 10-20 Hz than 20-20kHz. A 600W may only do 300W at 10Hz. That is another way chasing ULF can eat into your headroom.

Dual purpose (especially open concept) rooms are not great
for projectors. Especially when you have little ones. With that articulating mount you can easily get a 65-75" panel with great performance in the day and at night. I've yet to see a sub $3000 projector compare to the 4k LG OLEDs or even the Vizio P series (shockingly good).

We have sun 360 days a year and an amazing view so I don't want to turn my media room into a cave. I'm planning to keep a 65" panel (we love watching passive 3D). Currently a Sony but would like to get the LG OLED. Then ceiling mount a 120" 2.35:1 screen. My dealer insists that the JVC RS500 is the way to go. Still researching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25652 of 25656 Unread Today, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
I kind of thought the FV15HP was going to make me "feel" the 12hz-20hz frequencies, but I'm seeing that likely due to my space and the sub location, that's not going to happen. It's fine though, the 20-80hz response is outstanding and I've already gotten many grin inducing moments in the short time I've had it. I think a 9.2 ch receiver is in order before a second FV15HP lol. Resources are a finite thing after all.
12hz is a mother to reproduce at good levels and with one 15" and such a large open space it's not gonna happen. In my experience with this sub propped integration, response and placement is the most important to get that chest thumping bass, it took me months to figure that out to make it work in my room and because it's freaking heavy to move it took longer, in the end I actually had to point the driver at my wall about 2-3" from the wall with the grill on to get the body shaking bass and the smoothes graph.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Surrounds - Don't ask lol
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
post #25653 of 25656 Unread Today, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I see an open concept, so you won't be getting much room gain. This is a large space to pressurize! I would consider some tactile transducers for the ULF feel.

Most amplifiers have a harder time amplifying 10-20 Hz than 20-20kHz. A 600W may only do 300W at 10Hz. That is another way chasing ULF can eat into your headroom.

Dual purpose (especially open concept) rooms are not great
for projectors. Especially when you have little ones. With that articulating mount you can easily get a 65-75" panel with great performance in the day and at night. I've yet to see a sub $3000 projector compare to the 4k LG OLEDs or even the Vizio P series (shockingly good).

We have sun 360 days a year and an amazing view so I don't want to turn my media room into a cave. I'm planning to keep a 65" panel (we love watching passive 3D). Currently a Sony but would like to get the LG OLED. Then ceiling mount a 120" 2.35:1 screen. My dealer insists that the JVC RS500 is the way to go. Still researching.
Yeah I may end the chase for ULF. I'll still see how medium and high sound though. When you say panel, you mean TV or Projector? Assuming you mean TV. The mount I have is rated for up to 55" I think. I may eventually get a 60" - 65" TV for this room - definitely a project for the dedicated HT in basement when I get to it.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
==============================
Pioneer Elite VSX-44 AVR, MiniDSP 2x4 HD DAP,
Rythmik FV15HP SW, B&W 684 S1 Mains,
B&W 685 S1 Surrounds, B&W CM Center S2,
Polk T15 Heights, Yamaha NS-AP2800S Rears
post #25654 of 25656 Unread Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Yeah I may end the chase for ULF. I'll still see how medium and high sound though. When you say panel, you mean TV or Projector? Assuming you mean TV. The mount I have is rated for up to 55" I think. I may eventually get a 60" - 65" TV for this room - definitely a project for the dedicated HT in basement when I get to it.
Panel: Plasma, LCD, OLED

I like watching my TV on a panel. Projectors are for movies only FOR ME [flame suit armed]. The LG 4k Dolby Vision HDR demo loop in the Best Buy Magnolia room is unreal! I'm still shocked by the Vizio P as well. I think that is why Sony is releasing their Z series mid-cycle/early!
post #25655 of 25656 Unread Today, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 775
Rythmik Audio L22 at 10Hz, 15Hz, 20Hz and 40Hz. You can see the difference in excursion. I get good output starting at 12Hz only because the L22 is 18" from my body.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #25656 of 25656 Unread Today, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1757 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Rythmik Audio L22 at 10Hz, 15Hz, 20Hz and 40Hz. You can see the difference in excursion. I get good output starting at 12Hz only because the L22 is 18" from my body.

That's a cool way to demonstrate driver excursion vs. frequency.

How loud were those tones playing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub