Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 860 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2431Likes
post #25771 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 05:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1643
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I can't PEQ anything other than the Subwoofer since all the other channels are already amplified out of the AVR.
You could if you had a Yamaha.
ndabunka likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25772 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Side note: this came today - paid $11 on eBay. Excited to watch the whole thing with the FV15HP! The demo clip from one of the bass demos was amazing.

IMHO this disc is reference material for both audio and visuals. I have used this disc especially the opening scene, Alaska, to demo my system. It is pure audio and visual nirvana. I too have the FV15HP and it really adds depth to the experience. I'll echo others here, you really need to make the leap to a PJ, watching Art of Flight on my 115" diagonal 16:9 screen is awesome!

I'll be very interesting in what your impressions are of this disc.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #25773 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
IMHO this disc is reference material for both audio and visuals. I have used this disc especially the opening scene, Alaska, to demo my system. It is pure audio and visual nirvana. I too have the FV15HP and it really adds depth to the experience. I'll echo others here, you really need to make the leap to a PJ, watching Art of Flight on my 115" diagonal 16:9 screen is awesome!

Regards,

RTROSE
Trying to make it work. Just posted this image over in my own thread to see if it's an option.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
===========================================
Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44
Fronts: B&W 684 S1 — Center: B&W CM Center S2
Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rhythmic FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #25774 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Regards,

RTROSE
I just picked this one up as well. We have two competitive downhill racers in our family but we also enjoy the Warren miller stuff so figured a snowboarding video would fit in nicely with our interest. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine. Just say'N

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4, B&W Signature 7's (Left/Right), FMP4 Center, CWM7.5 surrounds & rears, CCM65 (Four in-ceiling), Rythmik 15" Custom, Sony VPL-HW50ES
post #25775 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1048 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Trying to make it work. Just posted this image over in my own thread to see if it's an option.
Ideally, the projector should be in front of the screen.
You can project from the side with keystone correction, but it makes the image worse.
With lens shift, you have some latitude, but that's mostly for fine tuning without having to rely on keystone correction.

Either get rid of the fan or position the projector far enough back and hanging down far enough that the fan doesn't get in the way. Different projectors have different offsets and zoom ranges, so either plan carefully when picking the projector, or wait until you have the projector before deciding on a mounting location.

Seeing that picture makes me think, yep, a projector would be cool.
Keep in mind that most movies are 2.35:1 aspect ratio, so the image usually won't be that tall.
With that in mind, that looks like a good size.
Video games would be 16:9 and fill the screen.

Last edited by rcohen; Yesterday at 09:43 PM.
post #25776 of 25799 Unread Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all. Newbie to the AVS world, building a new home with my first dedicated theater. I have a build thread going with a video of the room if you search under my name.

Room is 19x14 with 10' ceilings; about 2650 cu ft. I started a "what sub should I get thread" and had suggestions of PSA, JTR, and Rythmik. From my research, Rythmik seems like it will serve me the best. I'm thinking of doing 2 Rythmik FV15HPs and wanted to get yalls opinion on whether that is right for my space. The theater is an interior room on the first floor, no windows, and will be sound insulated. I just picked up a Denon X7200 for my AVR. I'd love some feedback on Rythmik sub choices.
post #25777 of 25799 Unread Today, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintster442 View Post
Hello all. Newbie to the AVS world, building a new home with my first dedicated theater. I have a build thread going with a video of the room if you search under my name.

Room is 19x14 with 10' ceilings; about 2650 cu ft. I started a "what sub should I get thread" and had suggestions of PSA, JTR, and Rythmik. From my research, Rythmik seems like it will serve me the best. I'm thinking of doing 2 Rythmik FV15HPs and wanted to get yalls opinion on whether that is right for my space. The theater is an interior room on the first floor, no windows, and will be sound insulated. I just picked up a Denon X7200 for my AVR. I'd love some feedback on Rythmik sub choices.
I dont think anyone, even outside of this thread, would say that dual FV15HP would be a bad choice.

What is your max budget? Are you only ever going to have two subs? Dual PSA XS30s or xs36s would be pretty epic in a sealed room that size. Orrrrrr, dual JTR S2 (If budget is unlimited haha)

A couple members including myself have switched from a lesser Rythmik model to their FV15HP. Although I don't have mine yet, you only ever hear great things about those subs.
post #25778 of 25799 Unread Today, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think that's a great choice. I have a single FV15HP right now, but will eventually move to dual. The single is amazing. I can only imagine what duals would sound like!

post #25779 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have you decided on mains, yet? Which ones?
What are your goals?
What is your budget?
post #25780 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
I would not offset it like that nor mount it to the column. Somebody will get knocked on the head or carry something that knocks the projector. You could mount the projector lower as has been said. You could look into a "stubby" drop pipe for the fan to move it closer to the ceiling (though airflow may be reduced). You could get a fan that is not so bulky in the body. You could remove the light kit from the fan if it is not really used to reduce the drop. You could bag this whole projector idea since you said you'll have a dedicated room later anyway. Frankly I would opt for the latter; I suspect having to drop the screen is going to PO your wife and it really overwhelms what is meant to be a multipurpose room.

IMO/FWIWM/my 0.000001 cents etc.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #25781 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
I would not offset it like that nor mount it to the column. Somebody will get knocked on the head or carry something that knocks the projector. You could mount the projector lower as has been said. You could look into a "stubby" drop pipe for the fan to move it closer to the ceiling (though airflow may be reduced). You could get a fan that is not so bulky in the body. You could remove the light kit from the fan if it is not really used to reduce the drop. You could bag this whole projector idea since you said you'll have a dedicated room later anyway. Frankly I would opt for the latter; I suspect having to drop the screen is going to PO your wife and it really overwhelms what is meant to be a multipurpose room.

IMO/FWIWM/my 0.000001 cents etc.
Yeah Ive since done some reading on the high amount of degradation that happens when using keystone correction from angling the projector. So the column idea is out. The fan is awesome - my wife loves it and it moves a lot of air at relatively low speeds. So getting rid of or changing the fan is likely out too, unfortunately. Looking at it a bit more closely, I think I could get away with mounting the projector above the fan blades. Check out the space here.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan distance.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1633569  

post #25782 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah Ive since done some reading on the high amount of degradation that happens when using keystone correction from angling the projector. So the column idea is out. The fan is awesome - my wife loves it and it moves a lot of air at relatively low speeds. So getting rid of or changing the fan is likely out too, unfortunately. Looking at it a bit more closely, I think I could get away with mounting the projector above the fan blades. Check out the space here.

I think youre trying too hard.
When you get a room suitable for a projector get a projector.
post #25783 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
I think youre trying too hard.
When you get a room suitable for a projector get a projector.
Nothing wrong with a little planning and research.

post #25784 of 25799 Unread Today, 06:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a little planning and research.
Nope.
Try a projector thread.
post #25785 of 25799 Unread Today, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
Have you decided on mains, yet? Which ones?

What are your goals?

What is your budget?

Looking at Klipsch reference in-walls and a Klipsch reference center channel. The room is wired for 7.2.4

Budget is healthy, I realistically expect to spend $15,000 to $20,000 including the screen innovations and jvc xr900 projector.
post #25786 of 25799 Unread Today, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Looking at Klipsch reference in-walls and a Klipsch reference center channel. The room is wired for 7.2.4

Budget is healthy, I realistically expect to spend $15,000 to $20,000 including the screen innovations and jvc xr900 projector.
Is your room sealed or open to other rooms? You may want to wait for the FV18HP and FV25HP to be released. Two FV18HPs combined with room gain will get you very deep bass.

I am also looking at the JVC and the Screen Innovations Slate and Black Diamond screens.
post #25787 of 25799 Unread Today, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Is your room sealed or open to other rooms? You may want to wait for the FV18HP and FV25HP to be released. Two FV18HPs combined with room gain will get you very deep bass.

I am also looking at the JVC and the Screen Innovations Slate and Black Diamond screens.

FV18HP and FV25HP!?!?!?!?!? I had no idea such glorious things existed? Any specs or ETA on these? I assume they'll be full servo as well.
post #25788 of 25799 Unread Today, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I believe they will be available in October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythmik View Post
FV25HP prototype

Here is a the photo. Tuning frequency is 5% lower than target. That gives me room to reduce the depth by 1". Maybe 1" on height too.

For a subwoofer this size and weight, we need to use paint finish. However I found even the flat paint is too slick to handle for this size. I'd like to know if the more industry look paint is acceptable.

One advatnage to us and also to customers is it is easy to touch up a nick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
The FV25HP is +9dB more than FV15HP below 20Hz. So we are talking about 108dB @ 12.5Hz. That's pretty insane for a dual 15" subwoofer. Also remember that the FV15HP still is the only single 15" subwoofer in today's market with more than 96dB @ 12.5Hz.
Quote:
The FV18 will have more output below 20Hz, around 3dB - 4dB more than FV15HP @ 12Hz. Above 20Hz it will be very similar to FV15HP. However, if somebody is looking for massive output at 12Hz I would save more money and hold on to the FV25HP. The FV25HP would have around +9dB more than FV15HP @ 12Hz, so we are talking 108dB @ 12Hz. Kinda Danley DTS-10 output numbers.
Quote:
Here is the post where Brian posted the prototype picture of the FV18.

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Here the picture of the DS1820 cast aluminum basket

Last edited by Marc Alexander; Today at 09:54 AM.
post #25789 of 25799 Unread Today, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

I am not sure what your goal is, but I would look at the option of gettting 4 L12 or lvx12 or lvx15.
you are sealed so you will get room gain with a sealed sub, and 4 subs will even the base out for consistency on all seats.
post #25790 of 25799 Unread Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Line of the day. My wife during the launch scene in Interstellar from the kitchen "Michael! Turn it down! Everything in here is shaking!"

Success. haha
Alan P and MrGrey like this.

post #25791 of 25799 Unread Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1771 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Line of the day. My wife during the launch scene in Interstellar from the kitchen "Michael! Turn it down! Everything in here is shaking!"

Success. haha
I've been wanting to rewatch that, but just the best scenes. Are there any in particular that are worth focusing on?
post #25792 of 25799 Unread Today, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
I've been wanting to rewatch that, but just the best scenes. Are there any in particular that are worth focusing on?
Both the scene when they initially go through the black hole, and when they go over the huge wave - awesome bass. And obviously the initial launch. It's perfectly done where it gets out of the way, but totally adds to the effect of what's happening on screen. I'd recommend watching it through. The scene where they get off the planet with the huge wave even has some cool bass in it.

post #25793 of 25799 Unread Today, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what are specs for HX405 servo amp?
post #25794 of 25799 Unread Today, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I like JTR HTR/RT/RM speakers much better than Klipsch. Something to check out.

The planned crossover frequency may help you decide on models for mains and subs.
post #25795 of 25799 Unread Today, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
I like JTR HTR/RT/RM speakers much better than Klipsch. Something to check out.

The planned crossover frequency may help you decide on models for mains and subs.
If I'm correct JTR does not make in wall speakers and I think he is looking for in wall speakers!!!
post #25796 of 25799 Unread Today, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If I'm correct JTR does not make in wall speakers and I think he is looking for in wall speakers!!!
10-4. I missed that. The JTR ones aren't low-profile in-wall. The HTR ones are designed for building into walls or behind screens, given sufficient depth.
post #25797 of 25799 Unread Today, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Quote:

Success. haha
I remember watching that scene with @Gary Bechtold and my doors where shaking like crazy. You also need to check the scene when they go into the black hole... bass is crazy stupid there
Gary Bechtold likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #25798 of 25799 Unread Today, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Returns are finally being processed and order is being placed tomorrow. Hopefully have my fv15hp by early next week.
post #25799 of 25799 Unread Today, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Look into the B&W inwall series. There are some In-wall B&W CWM7.3's ($3K/pair retail) on eBay right now at a Buy It Now of $1,475. Of course, that only solves the front left and right channels but it's a decent start and word has it they sound like the $10K B&W free standing units.

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine. Just say'N

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4, B&W Signature 7's (Left/Right), FMP4 Center, CWM7.5 surrounds & rears, CCM65 (Four in-ceiling), Rythmik 15" Custom, Sony VPL-HW50ES

Last edited by ndabunka; Today at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub