Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 860 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2427Likes

post #25771 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Liked: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I can't PEQ anything other than the Subwoofer since all the other channels are already amplified out of the AVR.
You could if you had a Yamaha.
ndabunka likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25772 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Side note: this came today - paid $11 on eBay. Excited to watch the whole thing with the FV15HP! The demo clip from one of the bass demos was amazing.

IMHO this disc is reference material for both audio and visuals. I have used this disc especially the opening scene, Alaska, to demo my system. It is pure audio and visual nirvana. I too have the FV15HP and it really adds depth to the experience. I'll echo others here, you really need to make the leap to a PJ, watching Art of Flight on my 115" diagonal 16:9 screen is awesome!

I'll be very interesting in what your impressions are of this disc.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #25773 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
IMHO this disc is reference material for both audio and visuals. I have used this disc especially the opening scene, Alaska, to demo my system. It is pure audio and visual nirvana. I too have the FV15HP and it really adds depth to the experience. I'll echo others here, you really need to make the leap to a PJ, watching Art of Flight on my 115" diagonal 16:9 screen is awesome!

Regards,

RTROSE
Trying to make it work. Just posted this image over in my own thread to see if it's an option.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
===========================================
Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44
Fronts: B&W 684 S1 — Center: B&W CM Center S2
Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rhythmic FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #25774 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Regards,

RTROSE
I just picked this one up as well. We have two competitive downhill racers in our family but we also enjoy the Warren miller stuff so figured a snowboarding video would fit in nicely with our interest. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine. Just say'N

Yamaha RX-A3060 7.1.4, B&W Signature 7's (Left/Right), FMP4 Center, CWM7.5 surrounds & rears, CCM65 (Four in-ceiling), Rythmik 15" Custom, Sony VPL-HW50ES
post #25775 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Trying to make it work. Just posted this image over in my own thread to see if it's an option.
Ideally, the projector should be in front of the screen.
You can project from the side with keystone correction, but it makes the image worse.
With lens shift, you have some latitude, but that's mostly for fine tuning without having to rely on keystone correction.

Either get rid of the fan or position the projector far enough back and hanging down far enough that the fan doesn't get in the way. Different projectors have different offsets and zoom ranges, so either plan carefully when picking the projector, or wait until you have the projector before deciding on a mounting location.

Seeing that picture makes me think, yep, a projector would be cool.
Keep in mind that most movies are 2.35:1 aspect ratio, so the image usually won't be that tall.
With that in mind, that looks like a good size.
Video games would be 16:9 and fill the screen.

Last edited by rcohen; Yesterday at 09:43 PM.
post #25776 of 25777 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all. Newbie to the AVS world, building a new home with my first dedicated theater. I have a build thread going with a video of the room if you search under my name.

Room is 19x14 with 10' ceilings; about 2650 cu ft. I started a "what sub should I get thread" and had suggestions of PSA, JTR, and Rythmik. From my research, Rythmik seems like it will serve me the best. I'm thinking of doing 2 Rythmik FV15HPs and wanted to get yalls opinion on whether that is right for my space. The theater is an interior room on the first floor, no windows, and will be sound insulated. I just picked up a Denon X7200 for my AVR. I'd love some feedback on Rythmik sub choices.
post #25777 of 25777 Old Today, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintster442 View Post
Hello all. Newbie to the AVS world, building a new home with my first dedicated theater. I have a build thread going with a video of the room if you search under my name.

Room is 19x14 with 10' ceilings; about 2650 cu ft. I started a "what sub should I get thread" and had suggestions of PSA, JTR, and Rythmik. From my research, Rythmik seems like it will serve me the best. I'm thinking of doing 2 Rythmik FV15HPs and wanted to get yalls opinion on whether that is right for my space. The theater is an interior room on the first floor, no windows, and will be sound insulated. I just picked up a Denon X7200 for my AVR. I'd love some feedback on Rythmik sub choices.
I dont think anyone, even outside of this thread, would say that dual FV15HP would be a bad choice.

What is your max budget? Are you only ever going to have two subs? Dual PSA XS30s or xs36s would be pretty epic in a sealed room that size. Orrrrrr, dual JTR S2 (If budget is unlimited haha)

A couple members including myself have switched from a lesser Rythmik model to their FV15HP. Although I don't have mine yet, you only ever hear great things about those subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page