Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 892 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #26731 of 26733 Old Today, 07:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
You must be looking into the wrong item. Here is the link for the F12:

Like I said, only the F12G has paper cone driver which is made by GR Research. BTW, I work for Rythmik Audio

The main difference between the F12 and F12G is the driver. The F12G extend up to 120Hz while the F12 up to 90Hz. If you plan to crossover below 90Hz then go with the F12 with aluminum cone.
Sorry, I mixed up with L12. I gave the dimension of L12 which is smaller.

Good, you know Rythmik, One question is how do you compare L12 with F12 in terms of sound quality? Is there a big difference?
Sponsored Links
post #26732 of 26733 Old Today, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 11843
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into them.

I went on Rythmik site, they said it's paper cone. Question whether it makes any difference or marketing?

I do like the size of the F12, it's smaller than my Velodyne, it will fit my glass better. If I get the SE, I have to buy another custom cut glass that's going to be over $100!!!

I don't know why you would buy the F12 SE which will cost you $150 more for the same driver/amp as the F12 (size is identical) and then use it as a coffee table mostly out of sight.

The piano black is strictly for looks and easily scratches, can it be hit by people stretching out with their feet under the coffee table... Of course it's your money and you get to decide. As Enrico pointed out the F12 and F12 SE are the same except for the finish, and in my opinion identical if you close your eyes, only the finish is different, not the sound.

Have fun and enjoy whatever way you go

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000 & BD-F7500; L/R SVS Ultra BS, Ultra Center;
RS Celestion 5; FH & SS Polk; Klipsch R-12SW; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nakamichi RE-2, CDC-4A, CR7A, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
post #26733 of 26733 Old Today, 08:27 PM
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Hahahaha. 90% of the music I listen to is from 70s, 80s and 90s. Like I said, mostly jazz. New jazz groups? Snarky Puppy is one of my favorites new jazz bands so far.

The F12 and F12SE have aluminum cone. The F12G is the one with paper cone.
I got to see Snarky Puppy play on ucla campus (royce hall) last year. They sound even better live.

Living room: Ascend Sierra 2's, Yamaha rx-a2040, rythmik fv15hp and oppo 103

Bedroom: Tannoy Mercury V4's, Yamaha rxa663, Svs pb1000

Computer: iMac, emotiva dc-1 dac, emotiva mini xa-100 Tannoy v1's
Sponsored Links
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub