Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 909 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3009Likes

post #27241 of 27266 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Oh and we need pictures we don't see enough of that in this thread.
here is my sub progression through pictures. i've been remodeling this house since i purchased it in may of 2015. currently working on finishing the basement and the new media room will be ~12x26x7 (it's a small house, but i'll still be able to fit a 100" screen down there). if you're interested in seeing basement progress pictures i uploaded a handful to imgur here --> http://imgur.com/a/Ehvtn (not exactly on topic for this thread but i'm sure someone might be curious).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1817945   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1817953   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1817961   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1817969   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1817977  

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1817985   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1817993   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1818001   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1818009  

[temporary media room setup while finishing basement media room space]
jbl l100t3 x2, rythmik fv15hp x2, phase linear 700b, samsung ln52b750, sony str-db930, custom htpc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27242 of 27266 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 834
^^ nice, congrats! Have you tried 1 port open instead of 2?
post #27243 of 27266 Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ nice, congrats! Have you tried 1 port open instead of 2?
i played with it when i originally got the first one but haven't since. i plan on it.

jbl l100t3 x2, rythmik fv15hp x2, phase linear 700b, samsung ln52b750, sony str-db930, custom htpc
post #27244 of 27266 Old Today, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 834
^^ be certain to flip the rumble filter switch to Off/1, Ext frequency to 14hz after you plug one of the port, rerun receiver calibration, bump up the sub trims in the avr and get ready for another 'Oh my gosh' moment
post #27245 of 27266 Old Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 236
I have a single FV15HP and have had it in 2 port mode for a couple weeks now, having it in 1 port mode since I purchased it before that. For my purposes I've found it produces almost same FR without the <20Hz stuff. That's good for me because under 20Hz I was getting noise from the air leaving the single port as mentioned before. But give it a go with both 1 and 2 ports and see how it is. With you having 2, you might find that single port on both gives you a nice deep response.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #27246 of 27266 Old Today, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 62
One question not related to sub.......not even related to audio..............I see a lot of pictures of HT, people have exotic audio setup............Then with a small tv!!!!

Isn't that one big part of HT is to reproduce the theater effect.......Big screen? I don't have HT set up, BUT I have a 72" old Mitsubishi in the living room, a 65" Samsung in the family room. I can't wait for the old Mit to die so I can get a 80" LED. To me, this is the single most important thing for HT. I only get 65" in the family room because I am sitting less than 7' in front of it!!!

This is not criticism, or anything, just a question as tv are so cheap!!! You can get an 80" for less than $3K and the price is getting lower by the day.

Ha ha, my problem is I don't think my entertainment cabinet can stretch for the 80". You can see it's already stretched to the edge for the 72" now.......And that stupid old Mit refuses to die after 12 years!!!! That thing just works and I hate to dump it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Living room.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1819625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Family room.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1819633  

Nakamichi PA-7 amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.
Coming soon: Own design power amp.

Last edited by alan0354; Today at 11:41 AM.
post #27247 of 27266 Old Today, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4395 Post(s)
Liked: 3074
And on the other end of the spectrum is the people who have the high dollar, most recent, biggest TV they can get....and then they put a soundbar underneath it (and watch nothing but cable!).

We all have our different priorities.
post #27248 of 27266 Old Today, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
And on the other end of the spectrum is the people who have the high dollar, most recent, biggest TV they can get....and then they put a soundbar underneath it (and watch nothing but cable!).

But they are so cheap!!! I paid less than $1500 for the 65" like a year and half ago, what's the price now? It got to be $1000 or less!!! They are like computer, price drops by the minute!!! I am just cheap, I refuse to buy new ones until the old ones breaks. I can't even give the Mit away now a days!!!

Sound bar?!! That's funny people use that.

You are describing me only have cable........well Direct TV!!! I watch tv series mostly, I don't even like movies particular the new ones. They are like cartoons with people in it. The last movie I saw in the theater was 2012 ( in 2009)!!! I don't even watch movie when they come on TNT, AMC etc., never have showtime or any of the Netflix or whatever.

Nakamichi PA-7 amp, own designed preamp, JM LAB Spectral 913.1 speakers, Rythmik F12SE sub.
Not hooked up: Velodyne VA1210 sub, Kef Reference Series center, Kef Bookshelf speaker, Monitor Audio bookshelf speaker, Infinity rear speakers. Acurus 3X200W amp.

Last edited by alan0354; Today at 12:02 PM.
post #27249 of 27266 Old Today, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0354 View Post
One question not related to sub.......not even related to audio..............I see a lot of pictures of HT, people have exotic audio setup............Then with a small tv!!!!
i definitely feel like that was aimed at me a little. i almost pulled the trigger on the lg oled 65 set during the black friday sale, but ultimately even 65" is too small for the room i'll be migrating some of this equipment to. it would definitely look sweet right now though haha. i know what you're saying though, seems like sometimes the A/V is a little lopsided. I'll be honest with you though, I think audio is more important. Just my 2 cents.

FWIW, i bought the 52" samsung i have back in the spring of 2009 and it's still going strong. i have definitely considered dropping ~$2k and getting a run-of-the-mill ~60-70" 4k set as a temporary upgrade but in the end i'm not sure what i would do with that set once my AV equip is moved downstairs. the current 52 will be re-purposed into the living room.

*2nd edit* Additionally, it completely depends on what you value more (film or music). For me it's probably 50/50, but everyone's different. It's awesome that I can watch a movie and feel my porcelain tile floor and couch literally shake from these subs, and at the same time listen to tracks from Hans Zimmer with pipe organs from Interstellar and almost re-live what it was like watching the film in a 70mm IMAX theater.

Last edited by serith; Today at 12:16 PM.
post #27250 of 27266 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But they are so cheap!!! I paid less than $1500 for the 65" like a year and half ago, what's the price now? It got to be $1000 or less!!! They are like computer, price drops by the minute!!! I am just cheap, I refuse to buy new ones until the old ones breaks. I can't even give the Mit away now a days!!!

Sound bar?!! That's funny people use that.

You are describing me only have cable........well Direct TV!!! I watch tv series mostly, I don't even like movies particular the new ones. They are like cartoons with people in it. The last movie I saw in the theater was 2012 ( in 2009)!!! I don't even watch movie when they come on TNT, AMC etc., never have showtime or any of the Netflix or whatever.
I just bought a Vizio E70-e3 (70") 4K LED for just under $1K at Sam's Club to replace my 5 year old Mitsu 73" DLP...pretty happy with the "entry level" performance of the Vizio and it beats my old Mitsu hands-down. Should hold me over until those 70"+ OLEDs come waaaaay down in price.
JT78681 likes this.
post #27251 of 27266 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i definitely feel like that was aimed at me a little. i almost pulled the trigger on the lg oled 65 set during the black friday sale, but ultimately even 65" is too small for the room i'll be migrating some of this equipment to. it would definitely look sweet right now though haha. i know what you're saying though, seems like sometimes the A/V is a little lopsided. I'll be honest with you though, I think audio is more important. Just my 2 cents.

FWIW, i bought the 52" samsung i have back in the spring of 2009 and it's still going strong. i have definitely considered dropping ~$2k and getting a run-of-the-mill ~60-70" 4k set as a temporary upgrade but in the end i'm not sure what i would do with that set once my AV equip is moved downstairs. the current 52 will be re-purposed into the living room.

*2nd edit* Additionally, it completely depends on what you value more (film or music). For me it's probably 50/50, but everyone's different. It's awesome that I can watch a movie and feel my porcelain tile floor and couch literally shake from these subs, and at the same time listen to tracks from Hans Zimmer with pipe organs from Interstellar and almost re-live what it was like watching the film in a 70mm IMAX theater.

Ha ha, no, your picture is only the last straw to my post. I've seen a lot of people here like this already.

I just came back from Costco, $650 for a 65", $1200 for a 70"!!! My god, make me feel like kicking the Mit!!! It just refuse to die. Ha ha, tv is never big enough for me.

Each of your dual sub make my new F12 a toy!!!

post #27252 of 27266 Old Today, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Sometimes this type of thing is all that makes sense in a particular room. I have a 55" Vizio M Series 4K Display in our open concept, 2 story living room. The only audio gear that I could sneak past the significant other in this system was a GoldenEar 3D Array X passive soundbar, a Denon AVR-X3200 receiver and a single (eventually dual) Rythmik L-12 subwoofer. Having said that, the GoldenEar is not your everyday soundbar, and this system continues to amaze me with it's high fidelity performance!

Theater: Vizio 70" P-Series 4K Display/KEF LS50 L+R/Mirage BPS 400/Anthem MRX-300/Blue Circle BC 24/Outlaw 2200/Rotel RB-1070/Oppo BDP-83/Sound Application CF-XE/GIK Panels
Living Room: 47" Samsung 1080P Display/GoldenEar 3D Array X/Rythmik L-12/Denon AVR-X3200/Oppo DVD-A/SACD Player/Outlaw OAW4
post #27253 of 27266 Old Today, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Ha ha, no, your picture is only the last straw to my post. I've seen a lot of people here like this already.

I just came back from Costco, $650 for a 65", $1200 for a 70"!!! My god, make me feel like kicking the Mit!!! It just refuse to die. Ha ha, tv is never big enough for me.

Each of your dual sub make my new F12 a toy!!!
i almost pulled the trigger a while back when sharp had the 80" aquos set for ~$3k, but then they stopped making it (i was also living in an apartment with a huge living room at the time). and while 80" seems huge, it's just not the same as what you can do with a projection setup. there's no way i'll ever afford a fixed pixel display that's ~100", and the closest i could come is probably the 80" vizio but it's just too small for the space and how far away i want to sit.

fwiw, your f12 is probably tighter, faster & smoother for general audio listening. i just like to feel the house move when i watch movies. it's a sickness

post #27254 of 27266 Old Today, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I just bought a Vizio E70-e3 (70") 4K LED for just under $1K at Sam's Club to replace my 5 year old Mitsu 73" DLP...pretty happy with the "entry level" performance of the Vizio and it beats my old Mitsu hands-down. Should hold me over until those 70"+ OLEDs come waaaaay down in price.
They are so cheap now it's not funny. But one thing though, do you feel the color of your DLP is better? This 65" is the second Samsung, I had a 55" before. I spent a lot of time adjusting the color, contrast and all. Both don't have as good color as my 73" rear projection tv. I bought it 12 years ago as floor model, they adjusted it so well I never even tough the Mit.

I don't know whether I want a third Samsung, My step son just bought a Toshiba, I feel it has better color than the Samsung.

post #27255 of 27266 Old Today, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
They are so cheap now it's not funny. But one thing though, do you feel the color of your DLP is better? This 65" is the second Samsung, I had a 55" before. I spent a lot of time adjusting the color, contrast and all. Both don't have as good color as my 73" rear projection tv. I bought it 12 years ago as floor model, they adjusted it so well I never even tough the Mit.

I don't know whether I want a third Samsung, My step son just bought a Toshiba, I feel it has better color than the Samsung.
The new Vizio beats my old DLP in pretty much every aspect; color, contrast, brightness, blacks, overscan (much less on the Vizio)...the only issue I have with it is some clouding in the corners (swapped out the first one, second panel was much better in this regard).

I got a bias light just the other day (Luminoodle on Amazon) and it pretty much eliminated the clouding issues, and improved my contrast and depth even more.
post #27256 of 27266 Old Today, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i almost pulled the trigger a while back when sharp had the 80" aquos set for ~$3k, but then they stopped making it (i was also living in an apartment with a huge living room at the time). and while 80" seems huge, it's just not the same as what you can do with a projection setup. there's no way i'll ever afford a fixed pixel display that's ~100", and the closest i could come is probably the 80" vizio but it's just too small for the space and how far away i want to sit.

fwiw, your f12 is probably tighter, faster & smoother for general audio listening. i just like to feel the house move when i watch movies. it's a sickness
I don't like the front projection, I don't like to turn off all the lights. I think if you wait, the 100" will be affordable soon the way it's going.

I though the house really shaking with my F12!! I guess it's all relative. One think I notice, The F12 penetrate the wall a lot more than my old Velodyne. It's a good thing if you watch tv during the day, but not a good thing at night when the big boss is sleeping upstairs. Nothing good will come out of it waking the big boss up at night. I have to keep turning the volume down. It does not seem loud downstairs, but it's just a lot louder upstairs. I can crank up ( well all relative also) with my Velodyne, not the F12. It's plenty loud and plenty shaking for me already.

post #27257 of 27266 Old Today, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I don't like the front projection, I don't like to turn off all the lights. I think if you wait, the 100" will be affordable soon the way it's going.

I though the house really shaking with my F12!! I guess it's all relative. One think I notice, The F12 penetrate the wall a lot more than my old Velodyne. It's a good thing if you watch tv during the day, but not a good thing at night when the big boss is sleeping upstairs. Nothing good will come out of it waking the big boss up at night. I have to keep turning the volume down. It does not seem loud downstairs, but it's just a lot louder upstairs. I can crank up ( well all relative also) with my Velodyne, not the F12. It's plenty loud and plenty shaking for me already.
The lower the frequency, the longer the wavelength and the further it will travel (through walls or air).
post #27258 of 27266 Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quote:

yeah the room i'm creating will not have windows and i can more or less achieve absolute darkness. i'm not really a sunlight person

and yeah the f12 is no slouch. i guess being single has its perks, i can watch movies at 1am @ reference volume and there's no complaints--other than the neighbors i suppose. thankfully my masonry house doesn't let much noise escape.

post #27259 of 27266 Old Today, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread

Quote:

This was me a bit ago. I finished my living room sound system but all I had was a 50" Samsung TV. The TV is nice but I definitely had big sound and little picture. I would see this airliner crashing on my 50" and it would sound like it was coming through my wall. When the picture and sound are that disproportionate, it definitely does impact the experience.

That's when I decided to get a 120" electric screen to come down over top of my TV. And I got a short throw projector. Of course this being in my living room it's really only available at night time. I didn't think this one through completely as my 16 month old goes to sleep at 8:30 and loud movies are a no go. So I wound up in this catch 22 where I only have the big screen available for night time viewing but can't really enjoy my speakers at night time! I get the occasional viewing in if my wife takes my son out after 6 or 6:30 but those nights are few and far between. Next step for me is a 70" OLED to replace the 50"!

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
post #27260 of 27266 Old Today, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 12579
Quote:

Isn't that one big part of HT is to reproduce the theater effect.......Big screen? I don't have HT set up, BUT I have a 72" old Mitsubishi in the living room, a 65" Samsung in the family room. I can't wait for the old Mit to die so I can get a 80" LED. To me, this is the single most important thing for HT. I only get 65" in the family room because I am sitting less than 7' in front of it!!!

This is not criticism, or anything, just a question as tv are so cheap!!! You can get an 80" for less than $3K and the price is getting lower by the day.

Ha ha, my problem is I don't think my entertainment cabinet can stretch for the 80". You can see it's already stretched to the edge for the 72" now.......And that stupid old Mit refuses to die after 12 years!!!! That thing just works and I hate to dump it.
Well... I have a 55" set without my glasses.

If I put on my old glasses I now have a 65" set

AND If I put on my new glasses it becomes something around 75"

Regards, Ken (Retired)
9.1) Denon 4520CI; Samsung 55H8000 & BD-F7500; L/R SVS Ultra BS, Ultra Center;
RS Celestion 5; FH & SS Polk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nakamichi RE-2, CDC-4A, CR7A, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #27261 of 27266 Old Today, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
I had a Vizio M-70, but returned it as I went through a few different sets before settling on the OLED. Vizio has come a long way it was a nice TV for the price.

Display - LG 65EF9500
Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #27262 of 27266 Old Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
I almost pull the trigger on an OLED55B6 for my bedroom but decided to wait until CES to see what LG is bringing with their next generation OLED. OLED TVs are getting more affordable, close enough to high end LEDs from Samsung and Sony to take them in consideration. What I'm pretty sure so far is that my next bedroom TV would be an OLED. Now for the HT living room, there is no question that it will always be a projector

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Polk LSiM705s, LSiM706C, LSiM703s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet + Duet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #27263 of 27266 Old Today, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
If someone wanted to recreate, true to life, gun shots, I dont think it would be too difficult for a professional. But why? If you are watching an action scene and you see a G36 shoot or a FN FAL do you notice the difference in the sound of the rifle that it bothers your movie experience? Even AK's sound different than AR15's. I'm so immersed into the scene that I dont even notice the difference in the gun shot sounds unless I go back and listen real close.
Not to derail the sub discussion further but Michael Mann's films usually pay close attention to the sound of firearms. You don't really think about it until you see one of his movies and realize how much more intense a shootout scene is with more realistic sounds.

Stoked for an F18HP but wish I could have it sooner! Good luck with the move guys.

TV: Sony XBR55HX929
Receiver Integra DTR-70.4
Speakers: Two Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand towers, a Maestro center, and two Solus SR-C6 in-ceiling rears Sub: YTB
post #27264 of 27266 Old Today, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

One of my all-time favorites!

post #27265 of 27266 Old Today, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 858
As far as TV's go, if you have the space and a room that isn't too bright, projection is a great option. I bought a $60 100" screen and a $500 1080p projector earlier this year and it was the best $560 I've spent on home theater. Had a 60" plasma on the wall behind the screen, but watched it maybe 2-3 times over a 6 month span after I got the projection setup. Ended up selling it and getting more than half of the money back I spent on the projection set up. I wouldn't go back to a 60"-70" flat screen now. Next move in this regard will be a 4K projector down the road when they are more affordable.
post #27266 of 27266 Old Today, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 64

It won't blow you away with explosions but this movie has some great musical bass in it. I watched it today. I'm glad I caught these guys on probably their last tour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page