Originally Posted by citsur86
Here is how my FV15HP is currently set. Anyone see any issues?
Also, I'm considering changing its position to the more nearfield spot which I've already run a cable to (for the last LV12R)
I have only really gone by the setup sheet that came with mine. Here's what it states when using with and AVR:
"Recommended initial setup when using an AVR
In the AVR menu, make sure the front speakers are set to “small” and the crossover frequency is set to 80hz. Select the subwoofer mode, such that the bass is only played back from subwoofer, not “subwoofer + front speakers.” Next, make sure the distance settings of the speakers and subwoofer are correct in terms of their relative distances.
Recommended plate amplifier settings
(from top to bottom, left to right)
1. Input: LFE (higher bandwidth) or LINE-IN - You have this right, I use the left LFE as well
2. PEQ: OFF - Good
3. Gain: 0db - Not sure if it matters, but yours is not on 0
4. Bandwidth: middle position - you are at max
5. Frequency: middle position (40 Hz) - Can't tell in pic what you have
6. Delay/phase: 0 - Good
7. Crossover: max - Good
8. Volume: middle position (12 o’clock) - Yours is a bit higher. When I run Audyssey, I get pretty good results with my volume at 12 o'clock. Recently I bumped it higher so Audyseey would lower my sub, and then I bumped it back up in the AVR settings rather than on the sub itself
9. LOWPASS filter: AVR/12 - Hard to tell, verify it's in the middle
10. Rumble filter: OFF/1 for one port configuration and ON/2 for 2-port configuration
11. Extension filter: 14 Hz high damping for articulate sound and 14 Hz low damping for full bodied HT sound.
Again, I'm no expert and would be curious to see what others say about all these setting. Also, I am int he process of acquiring #2
, does that change the settings or do you set everything the same on both?