Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 936 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3289Likes

Old Today, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked: 1346
Wow, this thread has really wandered off... I actually did quite a bit of wading through the MQA papers and the looong article about it and generally understand the scheme. It's actually a fairly neat idea. Whether it sufficiently improves the sound and provides enough compression (loss, file size reduction) to become popular as a solution (i.e. beat out its competition) remains to be seen. Seems pretty far outside the scope of this thread, however. Ditto the never-ending Audyssey vs. Dirac Live vs. whatever room compensation scheme discussions. I have AVRs around the house with Audyssey, Dirac Live, MCACC, and YPAO at the moment. They all have their pros and cons. My main system is currently using Dirac Live for whatever that's worth.

Curious: Did Enrico or Brian ever confirm whether or not a DSP is inside a Rythmik sub? And if so what it is doing? My memory of discussions with Brian years ago are that it was all analog but I could well be wrong. Senility sucks, except I can re-read an old book or re-listen to some old music and it's all new again.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub