Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 944 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3419Likes

post #28291 of 28312 Old 03-22-2017, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Who is planning to purchase/upgrade to one of the new subs. I believe the new subs will be well worth the wait!

@rcohen ?
@serith ?
@Cain ?
Don't tempt me!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28292 of 28312 Old 03-22-2017, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Well I'm waiting for word on the F18HP. When that gets announced I am very interested in one or two of them.

Enrico any word on this model?
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #28293 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1389 Post(s)
Liked: 920
@enricoclaudio @Rythmik

Hey guys is the new place similar to the old warehouse just bigger? You moved closer to me which could be a bad thing. I'd like to stop by sometime and check out the size of the enclosures for the new 18" offerings if that's okay.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik

post #28294 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ran some more sweeps, this time with mv at 0 and no deq. Also attempted subwoofer distance tweak. If I plan on listening at -15 to -20 can I just bump the trim on the sub 18db? It's at -10.5

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #28295 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by trp3383 View Post
Ran some more sweeps, this time with mv at 0 and no deq. Also attempted subwoofer distance tweak. If I plan on listening at -15 to -20 can I just bump the trim on the sub 18db? It's at -10.5

Those long term compression sweeps look great. It looks like compression doesn't begin to set in until you reach what I might call the 112 dB sweep. Since reference volume, for movies, is 85 dB on average with up to 115 dB peaks in the LFE channel you can probably just about hit that level without any compression in your room. If you wanted to really be safe maybe setting the volume limiter on the receiver to be - 3 dB from reference.

I am planning a theater build for a 1700 square foot enclosed rectangular room, which is really close to the size of yours. I'm surprised that the pair of L22s can get that loud without compression setting in. I was planning to get a pair of F25s for my room just to be sure I can hit reference volume peaks in the LFE channel with any compression setting in, but maybe a pair of L22s or a pair of F15HPs will get me basically there.

Where do you have the subs placed in your room?

Also, it does look like just under 70 Hz you are measuring at a small null, looking at the CC + Sub measurement. You might also try to measure the mains + Sub, to see if you get the same thing. I bet you will. If you want to try to fix it, I think you have to either move you seating location, move your subs, or play with the phase on one of them to try to get rid of the null. In doing this you might move it to another frequency, but it would be nice if you can get rid of it all together. I only have one subwoofer right now and my subwoofer only has a 0/180 phase switch. I was very lucky that just flipping the switch got rid of a null that I had. It gave me another peak though, but those are fine since the EQ can fix those just fine.

Last edited by Schrodinger23; Yesterday at 09:12 AM.
post #28296 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger23 View Post
Those long term compression sweeps look great. It looks like compression doesn't begin to set in until you reach what I might call the 112 dB sweep. Since reference volume, for movies, is 85 dB on average with up to 115 dB peaks in the LFE channel you can probably just about hit that level without any compression in your room. If you wanted to really be safe maybe setting the volume limiter on the receiver to be - 3 dB from reference.

I am planning a theater build for a 1700 square foot enclosed rectangular room, which is really close to the size of yours. I'm surprised that the pair of L22s can get that loud without compression setting in. I was planning to get a pair of F25s for my room just to be sure I can hit reference volume peaks in the LFE channel with any compression setting in, but maybe a pair of L22s or a pair of F15HPs will get me basically there.

Where do you have the subs placed in your room?

Also, it does look like just under 70 Hz you are measuring at a small null, looking at the CC + Sub measurement. You might also try to measure the mains + Sub, to see if you get the same thing. I bet you will. If you want to try to fix it, I think you have to either move you seating location, move your subs, or play with the phase on one of them to try to get rid of the null. In doing this you might move it to another frequency, but it would be nice if you can get rid of it all together. I only have one subwoofer right now and my subwoofer only has a 0/180 phase switch. I was very lucky that just flipping the switch got rid of a null that I had. It gave me another peak though, but those are fine since the EQ can fix those just fine.
Yea I can't get that dip solved by phase, it introduces other issues. I have them on in spots A and B in the room.

post #28297 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Yea I can't get that dip solved by phase, it introduces other issues. I have them on in spots A and B in the room.

Thanks, for letting me know about the locations.

Too bad phase doesn't help with the null. Actually, now that I think about it, if you have Audyssey MultEQXT 32 (which I think you do), and you are hooking them up to the receiver with two separate coax cables, then Audyssey is already messing around with the phase trying to get things as good as possible. If you are open to change in placement of the subs, then that may also work. With room aesthetics I can understand if that doesn't work, but the L22s are nice and narrow to give more placement options without getting in the way in terms of floorspace. I guess outside of that the only other thing that might help is bass traps and I'm not sure how much benefit you would get from this. Maybe passing along your room diagram and frequency response along to GIK Acoustics and ask them.

Even if you can't fix the null, you do have very good results. It is really flat and extends down below 20Hz before it rolls off. Your brain, some have said, supposedly does a nice job of filling in nulls if they are only over a small frequency range.
post #28298 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Well, im moving and deciding to sell my FV15HP so it doesn't sit in storage for a year or longer. Sad to see it go but will be able to pick up a FV18HP down the road when I have a space again.
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #28299 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriddler07sms View Post
Well, im moving and deciding to sell my FV15HP so it doesn't sit in storage for a year or longer. Sad to see it go but will be able to pick up a FV18HP down the road when I have a space again.
i'll hold on to it for you...
Zuk109 likes this.

jbl l100t3 (x2), rythmik fv15hp (x2), phase linear 700b, samsung ln52b750, sony str-db930
post #28300 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
i'll hold on to it for you...
I bet you would haha
serith likes this.
post #28301 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:

I would start by setting subs +9dB (-1.5dB trim) and see how you like it. But yes, if don't plan on listening past -15 MV you can boost the subs +15dB safely.

The readings you are getting with dual L22s is impressive! They really are just as good as F15s!

That dip at 70Hz is slightly troublesome. If you have capable mains you can try lowering the x-over to 70Hz or 60Hz. Do you have space to add a 14" square MBM behind or beside the MLP? Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about.
post #28302 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I would start by setting subs +9dB (-1.5dB trim) and see how you like it. But yes, if don't plan on listening past -15 MV you can boost the subs +15dB safely.

The readings you are getting with dual L22s is impressive! They really are just as good as F15s!

That dip at 70Hz is slightly troublesome. If you have capable mains you can try lowering the x-over to 70Hz or 60Hz. Do you have space to add a 14" square MBM behind or beside the MLP? Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about.
I only have about 6in between the couch and wall. I'll just deal with that dip at 70hz until I build my theatre room..... maybe 1 day. I thought the bass was lacking after running xt32 but that was because I was missing 15-20db of reference bass.

post #28303 of 28312 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1389 Post(s)
Liked: 920
I have a dip at ~50hz according to my last set of measurements. I can see it on graphs, but my ears can't hear it.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
post #28304 of 28312 Old Today, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Just received my new LVX12 and loving it so far.

I did notice that there is a buzzing vibration around 80hz coming from the sub. It is distracting now that I have picked up on it.

Im curious if this is the port noise that people have mentioned?

I am new to this so any info would be much appreciated.

Last edited by rallymewrx; Today at 11:05 AM.
post #28305 of 28312 Old Today, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1985 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
I have a dip at ~50hz according to my last set of measurements. I can see it on graphs, but my ears can't hear it.
Must be narrow/not very deep.

In my current sub placement I have a wide and fairly deep dip around 45Hz that is definitely audible. When I boost that dip a lot of missing deep bass is restored.
post #28306 of 28312 Old Today, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I only have about 6in between the couch and wall. I'll just deal with that dip at 70hz until I build my theatre room..... maybe 1 day. I thought the bass was lacking after running xt32 but that was because I was missing 15-20db of reference bass.

I don't think you want to run the subs more than 10dB hot at -15MV. Probably 6-8dB would be even more reasonable.

You may have the headroom to do so, but it will likely sound unbalanced to run the subs 15dB louder than the speakers.
post #28307 of 28312 Old Today, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymewrx View Post
Just recieved my new LVX12 and loving it so far.

I did notice that there is a buzzing vibration around 80hz coming from the sub. It is distracting now that I have picked up on it.

Port noise and vibration are two totally different things. My LVX12 is dead silent at any frequency. If it's vibration it can be caused by many factors. Is the subwoofer on carpet or hardwood floor? If it's on hardwood or tile make sure the rubber feet are tight to avoid vibration. Also, during transportation if UPS mishandle the package the driver can get lose so check if the driver screws are tight.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
post #28308 of 28312 Old Today, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymewrx View Post
Just received my new LVX12 and loving it so far.

Sure it is coming from the sub? Anything nearby that is resonating at 80Hz?

Is the power or audio cable loose?
post #28309 of 28312 Old Today, 11:10 AM

Port noise would around the tune, which is 14Hz in one port mode or 20Hz in 2 port mode. 80Hz is too high for it to be port noise. Also, port noise generally occurs at very high spl. How loud were you listening at? (MV and dB sub hot)
post #28310 of 28312 Old Today, 11:14 AM

Just checked the cables, rubber feet all seem good. The floors are hardwood and maybe the sound is coming from there. Anyway to isolate the issue?

Not sure if I have the right tool for the driver screws. Will have to search.
post #28311 of 28312 Old Today, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Port noise would around the tune, which is 14Hz in one port mode or 20Hz in 2 port mode. 80Hz is too high for it to be port noise. Also, port noise generally occurs at very high spl. How loud were you listening at? (MV and dB sub hot)
It is currently hooked up in a 2.1 setup on my PC. Not sure of the (MV and dB sub hot)?

Will be moving it to my HT next month.

It happens in some songs for a moment. I found from a bass tone test on youtube that it's the 80hz that causes the buzzing from the speaker at pretty low-medium volumes.

All the other tones are great.
post #28312 of 28312 Old Today, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1188
Check for furniture close to the subwoofer. My speakers (Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL) are few inches from an IKEA Hennes TV cabinet and the side of the TV cabinet vibrates at 80Hz like crazy but you can assure that the sound is coming from the speaker itself. After 1 hour close inspection I found out that the problem was the side panel of the IKEA cabinet and not the speaker.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Marantz SR7008 | Parasound Halo P5 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub