Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 958 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3622Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #28711 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
There was no way. This was a UPS driver. He was by himself and UPS gave him only 15 minutes to make the delivery. Even if he had had more time, there was no way he could have horsed those boxes inside by himself and I sure couldn't have helped him. That's why I needed a moving company. They know what they have to do and I am happy to pay for it.
And they're (hopefully) insured for it too!
gwsat likes this.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Check out my most recent subwoofer frequency response (1 vs. 2 port) and full system response.
citsur86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #28712 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18,373
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2770 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
OK, appended below is a photo of both hulking FV18s in place in my home theater. Have got them both to produce audio but don't really know what I'm doing yet. Have emailed Enrico for a little additional instruction. For instance, a green light is glowing on the back of the sub on the right, which replaces my old Hsu but the other one, on the left in the attached photo, has a red light on. Don't know yet whether this is a problem. Obviously I have told my Yamaha 3060 that the Sub on the right is Subwoofer 1 and the one on the left Subwoofer 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0383.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	2105785  
chucky7, kyzer soze, femi and 2 others like this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
post #28713 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
LNEWoLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
OK, appended below is a photo of both hulking FV18s in place in my home theater. Have got them both to produce audio but don't really know what I'm doing yet. Have emailed Enrico for a little additional instruction. For instance, a green light is glowing on the back of the sub on the right, which replaces my old Hsu but the other one, on the left in the attached photo, has a red light on. Don't know yet whether this is a problem. Obviously I have told my Yamaha 3060 that the Sub on the right is Subwoofer 1 and the one on the left Subwoofer 2.
What are the tiny speakers to the right and left of the TV for?
LNEWoLF is offline  
 
post #28714 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
OK, appended below is a photo of both hulking FV18s in place in my home theater. Have got them both to produce audio but don't really know what I'm doing yet. Have emailed Enrico for a little additional instruction. For instance, a green light is glowing on the back of the sub on the right, which replaces my old Hsu but the other one, on the left in the attached photo, has a red light on. Don't know yet whether this is a problem. Obviously I have told my Yamaha 3060 that the Sub on the right is Subwoofer 1 and the one on the left Subwoofer 2.
Is the switch on the amp plate on both subs set to Auto, On, or Off?
PlasmaPZ80U likes this.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Check out my most recent subwoofer frequency response (1 vs. 2 port) and full system response.
citsur86 is offline  
post #28715 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,267
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1411 Post(s)
Liked: 933
@gwsat

Congratulations!

Can you take a few up close shots? Preferably one without the grill?

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
JT78681 is online now  
post #28716 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 6,823
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
there was no way he could have horsed those boxes inside by himself
Pffft, I do it all the time. But you're a wise man to pay somebody else, because I can tell you it ain't fun sometimes.

If I may offer a few suggestions based on that pic you posted... your center should be pulled out to the front edge of the shelf and angled slightly upward. Those speakers should also be moved forward about 3 feet such that their front baffle is parallel to the subs. If you reposition them be sure to re-run room EQ. I'm willing to bet the soundstage and depth will open up noticeably.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is online now  
post #28717 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Exactly what @JimWilson said!

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
ereed is offline  
post #28718 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,731
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2001 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
OK, appended below is a photo of both hulking FV18s in place in my home theater. Have got them both to produce audio but don't really know what I'm doing yet. Have emailed Enrico for a little additional instruction. For instance, a green light is glowing on the back of the sub on the right, which replaces my old Hsu but the other one, on the left in the attached photo, has a red light on. Don't know yet whether this is a problem. Obviously I have told my Yamaha 3060 that the Sub on the right is Subwoofer 1 and the one on the left Subwoofer 2.
What speakers are those? They looked absolutely dwarfed by the massive subs.

+1 to grill off pics up close
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #28719 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,470
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
If I may offer a few suggestions based on that pic you posted... your center should be pulled out to the front edge of the shelf and angled slightly upward. Those speakers should also be moved forward about 3 feet such that their front baffle is parallel to the subs. If you reposition them be sure to re-run room EQ. I'm willing to bet the soundstage and depth will open up noticeably.

I recommended that a while ago in another thread and gw was not interested in the changes. I told him it should make a very noticeable improvement. Maybe he will listen to you.
zeus33 is offline  
post #28720 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18,373
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2770 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
What are the tiny speakers to the right and left of the TV for?
Yuk, yuk. Those are my Hsu HB-1 speakers. I've had them for a long time but still love them. They have 6.5 inch woofers with enough low end to convince YPAO to set them to Large. The conventional wisdom is that non sub speakers should be configured as Small with a crossover of 80Hz, though. That's what Brian recommends too, so I have done it. I agree, though, that those humongous FV18s make everything else in my HT setup look small, even my 75 inch TV.

I screwed up my amp assignments when I was trying to rerun YPAO to account for the FV18s and spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning up my mess. Anyway, its fixed now so that YPAO has been run with the correct configuration of speaker number, location, and size.

I watched a bit of Hacksaw Ridge in order to experience the naval gunfire prior to the first assault again. Wow! The LFE shook my chair and I felt it in my body. I also replayed a bit of 12 Years a Slave because it has terrific LFE. With my old Hsu, the audio sometimes sounded a little boomy but there was none of that with the FV18s. They delivered tight, accurate LFE. I couldn't be more pleased

Anyway, I'm off to a good start.
Matt2026 likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR

Last edited by gwsat; Yesterday at 05:35 PM.
gwsat is offline  
post #28721 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Member
 
David Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Yes that's awesome, but did you move the mains and center?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David Charles is offline  
post #28722 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Yuk, yuk. Those are my Hsu HB-1 speakers. I've had them for a long time but still love them. They have 6.5 inch woofers with enough low end to convince YPAO to set them to Large. The conventional wisdom is that non sub speakers should be configured as Small with a crossover of 80Hz, though. That's what Brian recommends too, so I have done it. I agree, though, that those humongous FV18s make everything else in my HT setup look small, even my 75 inch TV.



I screwed up my amp assignments when I was trying to rerun YPAO to account for the FV18s and spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning up my mess. Anyway, its fixed now so that YPAO has been run with the correct configuration of speaker number, location, and size.



I watched a bit of Hacksaw Ridge in order to experience the naval gunfire prior to the first assault again. Wow! The LFE shook my chair and I felt it in my body. I also replayed a bit of [I]12 Years a Slave[/I because it has terrific LFE. With my old Hsu, the audio sometimes sounded a little boomy but there was none of that with the FV18s. They delivered tight, accurate LFE. I couldn't be more pleased



Anyway, I'm off to a good start.


That's awesome! How about some pics with the grills off?

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Check out my most recent subwoofer frequency response (1 vs. 2 port) and full system response.
citsur86 is offline  
post #28723 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 961
^^ and a video of that beautiful driver flexing.
serith likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #28724 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18,373
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2770 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Pffft, I do it all the time. But you're a wise man to pay somebody else, because I can tell you it ain't fun sometimes.

If I may offer a few suggestions based on that pic you posted... your center should be pulled out to the front edge of the shelf and angled slightly upward. Those speakers should also be moved forward about 3 feet such that their front baffle is parallel to the subs. If you reposition them be sure to re-run room EQ. I'm willing to bet the soundstage and depth will open up noticeably.
Jim -- Thanks for your good advice, I always appreciate it. Will consider adjusting where my speakers are later but because I just got YPAO run again, after having turned myself into a figurative pretzel, I am going to wait until the subs have a reasonable period of breaking in before undertaking to move any of my other speakers. To my admittedly untutored ears, the addition of the FV18s has been a breakthrough. There is no boominess, zero, zip, nada. The bass is tight and I am hearing detail that I never heard before. I should add that I have set them to two ports open with damping on Low. I'm really going to be interested to see what you think of your test FV18.

Somebody asked where the FV18 On/Auto/Off switches were set. The answer is that one of them was set to On and the other to Auto. I have now set them both to Auto and this setup works well.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
post #28725 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 961
^^ If you think they are tight with low damping, flip that switch to high and be even more surprise.
MrGrey likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #28726 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ If you think they are tight with low damping, flip that switch to high and be even more surprise.


Just did this to mine today and I can second. I actually prefer high!
MrGrey likes this.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Check out my most recent subwoofer frequency response (1 vs. 2 port) and full system response.
citsur86 is offline  
post #28727 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Just did this to mine today and I can second. I actually prefer high!
haha yep.
gwsat, citsur86 and basshead81 like this.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts
MrGrey is offline  
post #28728 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18,373
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2770 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ If you think they are tight with low damping, flip that switch to high and be even more surprise.
Thanks. I posted earlier in the REW thread that I am going to try various settings on my FV18s while watching and rewatching program material. This evening I have been watching Hacksaw Ridge again and its audio has been amazing. The LFE is visceral, my chair shakes and I feel the vibrations in my bones. Will watch it again with the FV18s' extension set to High and see if I can hear a difference. Anyway, they are giving me the finest home theater audio I have ever witnessed.
dominguez1 likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
post #28729 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Thanks. I posted earlier in the REW thread that I am going to try various settings on my FV18s while watching and rewatching program material. This evening I have been watching Hacksaw Ridge again and its audio has been amazing. The LFE is visceral, my chair shakes and I feel the vibrations in my bones. Will watch it again with the FV18s' extension set to High and see if I can hear a difference. Anyway, they are giving me the finest home theater audio I have ever witnessed.

Hacksaw Ridge gets low and super heavy and your dual 18's are perfect for it

Green = Peak db (Loudness) at that given frequency
RED = Average db (Loudness) at that given frequency

gwsat likes this.

Receiver - Sony STR-DH550
Fronts - Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280F
Center
- Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Sub - Rythmik FV15HP
The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts
MrGrey is offline  
post #28730 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tvuong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Just did this to mine today and I can second. I actually prefer high!
Did it go from boooom to boom, lol?
JT78681 likes this.
tvuong is online now  
post #28731 of 28734 Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 18,373
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2770 Post(s)
Liked: 3057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrey View Post
Hacksaw Ridge gets low and super heavy and your dual 18's are perfect for it

Green = Peak db (Loudness) at that given frequency
RED = Average db (Loudness) at that given frequency

Yikes! Had no idea what I had been missing. The LFE of Hacksaw sounded good when I had my old Hsu, too, but these F18s are light years better.
serith, citsur86 and MrGrey like this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Crestron Control System; Hsu VTF-3 MK3 Turbo subwoofer, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR
gwsat is offline  
post #28732 of 28734 Old Today, 12:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
citsur86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,708
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Did it go from boooom to boom, lol?


Haha to an extent. The source material that was made to go boooom sounded and felt even better. I would explain it as making the entire sound reproduction more punchy and tactile.

My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
Plasma 50" TV: Samsung PN50C8000 — DLP Projector: Optoma GT1080
Projector Screen: Elite VMAX2 Electric — Receiver:Pioneer Elite VSX-44 — Fronts: B&W 684 S1
Center: B&W CM Center S2 — Surrounds: B&W 685 S1 — Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP
Rear Surrounds: Polk Audio T15 — Front Heights: Polk Audio T15
Check out my most recent subwoofer frequency response (1 vs. 2 port) and full system response.
citsur86 is offline  
post #28733 of 28734 Old Today, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TulsaCoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tulsa,Ok
Posts: 1,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Anyway, I'm off to a good start.
yes but looks like I need to come over and do a little cable management. I get some pics with the grill off and possible a video of them in action
TulsaCoker is online now  
post #28734 of 28734 Old Today, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dominguez1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,132
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
This evening I have been watching Hacksaw Ridge again and its audio has been amazing. The LFE is visceral, my chair shakes and I feel the vibrations in my bones. Will watch it again with the FV18s' extension set to High and see if I can hear a difference. Anyway, they are giving me the finest home theater audio I have ever witnessed.
Congrats gwsat!!!

Definitely switch to high and take advantage of one of the things Rythmik is known for...DEEP EXTENSION.

IME, there's a big difference between a sub that is tuned to 17hz vs one that is tuned to 12hz. Once you experience that difference...there's no going back.
dominguez1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off