Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 985 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4070Likes

post #29521 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1721 Post(s)
Liked: 1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Personally, I think if you just get an AVR with Audyssey XT32 and Sub EQ HT you can ditch the MiniDSP and let Audyssey do its thing. It may not measure perfectly but it should sound great and be so much simpler.
While it may not make a big difference, most prefer feeding TT/MAs a signal that has not been processes by Audyssey. I feel that Audyssey is a step backwards from the MiniDSP.

I do subscribe to your logic though. My Yamaha RX-V3800's 2 sub PEQ filters were just not enough. Rather than but in a BFD or buy a MiniDSP I sold the Yamaha and bought a Denon X4000.

In my media room I run my MBMs and TTs on Sub2 of my AV7702mkII. This causes Audyssey not to EQ below ~50Hz, giving me a clean signal for my TTs which are running 10-45Hz.

I know with the app you can limit Audyssey's upper frequency but I don't know about the lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29522 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
3300 too?

Think it's all 2016 models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29523 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2058 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Quote:
3300 too?

Think it's all 2016 models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok

post #29524 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Quote:
Personally, I think if you just get an AVR with Audyssey XT32 and Sub EQ HT you can ditch the MiniDSP and let Audyssey do its thing. It may not measure perfectly but it should sound great and be so much simpler.
While it may not make a big difference, most prefer feeding TT/MAs a signal that has not been processes by Audyssey. I feel that Audyssey is a step backwards from the MiniDSP.

I do subscribe to your logic though. My Yamaha RX-V3800's 2 sub PEQ filters were just not enough. Rather than but in a BFD or buy a MiniDSP I sold the Yamaha and bought a Denon X4000.

In my media room I run my MBMs and TTs on Sub2 of my AV7702mkII. This causes Audyssey not to EQ below ~50Hz, giving me a clean signal for my TTs which are running 10-45Hz.

I know with the app you can limit Audyssey's upper frequency but I don't know about the lower.
Well, he still has the MiniDSP so he could try with and without it... but I think spending less time with REW and MiniDSP and more time enjoying the ht would be worth it. Running Audyssey is very simple but some of the more advanced/manual stuff is like going down the rabbit hole.
post #29525 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhowards View Post
If Rythmik introduced a model F22 to their product line, I would probably be one of their first customers to order a pair.
You and me too, brother.

Got these instead. I'm new to the Rythmik family and a happy customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF0B7E89-EF2A-4479-B499-BBE7E0F489D7.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	2154378  
Matt2026 likes this.

Last edited by Hootowls; Yesterday at 07:45 PM.
post #29526 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowls View Post
You and me too, brother.

Got these instead. I'm new to the Rythmik family and a happy customer.
Picture doesn't show.

Ascend Sierra 2 fronts, Horizon Center w/Raal, Ascend Sierra 2 side surrounds
Marantz AV7703
NAD M25
Rythmik FV15HP
Oppo 103
post #29527 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Skip the denon receivers people. It's not bad but so many better choices.

I'm trying to punt a denon x4200. Hopefully it sells soon or I'll be slashing price. Yamaha. Onkyo. Integra. Pioneer are all better choices.

Denon. Marantz. Anthem aren't bad. I'll do car analogies.

Integra r1- ford gt
Onkyo rz3100- chevy vette zo6
Pio 901- Mustang gt
Yamaha 3060- Shelby gt500
Denon 7200- Nissan Maxima
Marantz 7011- Toyota Camry
Anthem 1120- Honda Accord

Top 4 are way more fun with better performance but others turn on and get you to work.

I bet the average avs member keeps their avr for 1-3 years. Who cares about old reliable. Get something fun.
post #29528 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy1180 View Post

I'm trying to punt a denon x4200. Hopefully it sells soon or I'll be slashing price. Yamaha. Onkyo. Integra. Pioneer are all better choices.

Integra r1- ford gt
Pio 901- Mustang gt

Top 4 are way more fun with better performance but others turn on and get you to work.

I bet the average avs member keeps their avr for 1-3 years. Who cares about old reliable. Get something fun.
Not sure what you mean. Maybe something more specific would help.
post #29529 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I actually haven't tried that yet. But I will give it a shot tonight. Do you remember if the other person said why the miniDSP was causing the issue? In his case I wonder if it was just a ground loop or the likes, which I get a minimum amount of only when I plug in my PC to the USB of the miniDSP. However if I do this I obviously lose my PEQ filters and nice response. But as a test it can't hurt.

I'll say this once more. The dark knight sounds much better than mad max did for some reason. I'm seriously just wondering if mad max has a lot of low rumble in the mix which I took as "boominess". Anyone else whose watched it, do you remember there being a lot of constant low rumbling?
@citsur86 have you tried using the line in instead of the lfe inputs? i've read that people have had different success rates using one vs the other. fwiw i use line in.

jbl l100t3 (x2), rythmik fv15hp (x2), phase linear 700b, samsung ln52b750, sony str-db930
post #29530 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Denon and marantz are duller less exciting and way low on power. Kinda laughable spending 2000-2500$ on a 30lb receiver.

Denon are fine for some setups just never a great reason to buy one. Kinda like buying a svs sub. Why would you if there's better options??? Svs aren't horrible just not even close to the best.

I feel same way about denon and marantz
post #29531 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
3300 too?
I have the Denon AVR-X3300W. It will get the DV update as all the 2016 models will. I have it paired with Monitor Audio Gold GX100 speakers front and rear with a Gold GXC150 enter Channel Speaker and a Rythmik F12SE Subwoofer. Now this is for my computer setup and the combo is great. The Denon blows away a previous Onkyo in terms of sound quality. The current Onkyo's have been cheapened out versus the model I had. I would not buy Onkyo or Integra. At least with revealing speakers they sound dull and harsh compared to the Denon. Now I had an Integra DHC-80.3 preamp that I traded in for a Marantz AV8802A preamplifier with a Sunfire TGA-7401 7 channel amplifier and Front/Rear Monitor Audio Gold GX100 Towers with a Gold GXC350 center and a Velodyne F-1800R II Subwoofer that will hopefully get replaced this year by a future Rythmik F18 subwoofer. The Marantz is in a different league from the Integra. I will not go back to Onkyo/Integra again. Since being purchased by Gibson guitars the quality has gone down, the features and sound quality cheapened out. Other than Denon & Marantz I would consider Yamaha.
post #29532 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Quote:

Integra r1- ford gt
Pio 901- Mustang gt

Your car analogy is way off.

Integra R1 would be a Ford Fiesta SE, no thanks.
Onkyo a Chevy Spark
Marantz preamplifier is a Lexus LFA, made in Japan.
Denon is a Toyota Supra.
Yamaha is a Nissan GT-R
Pioneer is becoming part of the Onkyo group so who knows where that will be.

No american muscle here as they are all built outside of the USA.
jamiebosco and torii like this.

Last edited by Gary Bechtold; Yesterday at 09:29 PM.
post #29533 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1093 Post(s)
Liked: 576
i like onkyo for music...better than yamaha/marantz which i also own. my onkyo is flaky with hdmi video so i dont use in main room

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP
post #29534 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Not really a receiver thread but you actually got it all backwards. Denon and marantz was buy huge company called dei. They are the cheaper ones. The ruined Polk. Boston and now definitive. They will do same thing to denon and marantz.

Onkyo/integra/pio are far superior in every way. I've had marantz and denon highest products and they sound fine but they sound like a receiver. An average one. Marantz preamps are so overpriced. For that price you could get a real preamp.

Yes Yamaha is also good and easily is better than a marantz. The marantz 7011 is $2000 and it's about as good as a $500 marantz or denon from 2005-2008 era.

Just not sure why people push denon and marantz so hard. Like I said they aren't bad but have gotten so cheap. People that are newer to this hobby buy them because people recommend them. So they'll spend $1500-2000 until one day they'll hear an actual good avr and wonder what they have missed for last 2-3 years.

People should buy a few different brands on a credit card and try them out.

Every year I buy 4-5 high end receivers. Keep the winner and return the rest. Denon or marantz hasn't won in my house since denon 5308. I do keep a few of the older models around in my house. Have 7 systems so I have a lot of moving parts.

Onkyo/integra had been the winner last 2 years. Yamaha a close second. My main rooms are integra r1 and Yamaha 3060. Music room krell illusion/ krell duo300. Bunch of Yamaha. Pioneer. Onkyo. Integra. Denon. Marantz. Everywhere else.
post #29535 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM

My old Onkyo TX-NR-705 was good, but my Denon AVR-X3300W is gooder. Paired to the same Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers the Denon was much better balanced and detailed. Oh and I do use the Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. No dynamic EQ or volume, I run the flat Audyssey curve. Adding the Rythmik F12SE made the combo even better. My Marantz preamplifier / Sunfire amplifier combo is even better with the Monitor Audio towers. Onkyo just isn't what it used to be and I owned many Onkyo & Integra products in the past. So now back to our regularly scheduled Subwoofing talk already in progress...
post #29536 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Not really a receiver thread but you actually got it all backwards. Denon and marantz was buy huge company called dei. They are the cheaper ones. The ruined Polk. Boston and now definitive. They will do same thing to denon and marantz.

Onkyo/integra/pio are far superior in every way. I've had marantz and denon highest products and they sound fine but they sound like a receiver. An average one. Marantz preamps are so overpriced. For that price you could get a real preamp.

Yes Yamaha is also good and easily is better than a marantz. The marantz 7011 is $2000 and it's about as good as a $500 marantz or denon from 2005-2008 era.

Just not sure why people push denon and marantz so hard. Like I said they aren't bad but have gotten so cheap. People that are newer to this hobby buy them because people recommend them. So they'll spend $1500-2000 until one day they'll hear an actual good avr and wonder what they have missed for last 2-3 years.

People should buy a few different brands on a credit card and try them out.

Every year I buy 4-5 high end receivers. Keep the winner and return the rest. Denon or marantz hasn't won in my house since denon 5308. I do keep a few of the older models around in my house. Have 7 systems so I have a lot of moving parts.

Onkyo/integra had been the winner last 2 years. Yamaha a close second. My main rooms are integra r1 and Yamaha 3060. Music room krell illusion/ krell duo300. Bunch of Yamaha. Pioneer. Onkyo. Integra. Denon. Marantz. Everywhere else.
Not quite...
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300415537.html

VISTA, Calif., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sound United LLC, parent company to Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, and Polk BOOM, today announced it has completed the acquisition of the D+M Group, owner of the Denon, HEOS by Denon, Marantz, and Boston Acoustics brands. The D+M Group is the largest supplier of audio/video receivers worldwide and a leader in wireless multi-room audio. Sound United is the largest supplier of loudspeakers in North America and a leading supplier of sound bars and wireless music systems. The combined company will be known as Sound United, which will own and operate some of the most prestigious brands in the consumer audio space, providing synergy opportunities for the existing core businesses, while also unlocking the potential to expand the product portfolio and market reach. The sale was finalized on February 28, 2017 and the terms of the sale were not disclosed.

Correction on my part, Gibson purchased a minority stake, but things still changed with Gibson in the picture...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Guitar_Corporation

In addition to guitars, Gibson offers consumer electronics through its subsidiaries Gibson Innovations (Philips brand), TEAC Corporation (Teac and Esoteric brands), Onkyo Corporation (Onkyo and Pioneer brands), Cerwin Vega and Stanton,[6] as well as professional audio equipment from KRK Systems also pianos from their wholly owned subsidiary Baldwin Piano and music software from Cakewalk.
post #29537 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bechtold View Post
My old Onkyo TX-NR-705 was good, but my Denon AVR-X3300W is gooder. Paired to the same Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers the Denon was much better balanced and detailed. Oh and I do use the Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. No dynamic EQ or volume, I run the flat Audyssey curve. Adding the Rythmik F12SE made the combo even better. My Marantz preamplifier / Sunfire amplifier combo is even better with the Monitor Audio towers. Onkyo just isn't what it used to be and I owned many Onkyo & Integra products in the past. So now back to our regularly scheduled Subwoofing talk already in progress...
Toyota. Lexus. Nissan. Lmao.

Just saw your last couple posts. Of course you would like those horrible companies. Good luck with that!

Denon 3300 is a good $400-500 avr at best

Toyota Supra are overpriced pos too.

Now back to Rythmik.
post #29538 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

All those companies have something in common. They are all trending down.

Polk. Boston. Definitive. Denon. Marantz
post #29539 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Toyota. Lexus. Nissan. Lmao.

Just saw your last couple posts. Of course you would like those horrible companies. Good luck with that!

Denon 3300 is a good $400-500 avr at best

Toyota Supra are overpriced pos too.

Now back to Rythmik.
I used the brands you used in your analogy with a slight twist. Since Denon & Marantz are joined at the hip, so is Toyota & Lexus, so I added Lexus to that list. You used a Maxima, I changed it to a GT-R. Toyota Supra hasn't been sold in the USA since 1998. It wasn't and still isn't a POS. It's way better than a Camry. I happen to like Shelby GT500's and Corvette Z06's but since none of the brands were american I deleted them for the american economy cars I thought better represented them. Sound United is not responsible for "ruining" Denon and Marantz yet as they just acquired them. We will see if that is the case come 2018, etc.. D&M are resposible for the current product lines. Polk & Definitive ruined themselves and got bought by Sound United who didn't help in my opinion.

You have taken this a bit to personally, I didn't attack you or insinuate anything on you like you did. You prefer Onkyo / Integra. That's great! I prefer Denon & Marantz right now. That's also great! It's an opinion. My ears say Onkyo & Integra do not sound as good as past products. This comes from a long time Onkyo / Integra owner, who bought Onkyo / Integra over Denon & Marantz in the past. The recent models of both groups changed to me. You feel opposite. That's fine, it's an opinion, not fact on both of us. So please chill, it was a joke. I thought Californian's were more mellow, especially now with all the legal herbal remedies.
post #29540 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1721 Post(s)
Liked: 1409
@Timothy1180 you are quite opinionated! While I do not agree (we all have our own preferences and biases) I find your posts entertaining. I am surprised you think so poorly of Anthem. I consider them a tier above these consumer brands.

I own both Yamaha and D+M. Here are my preferences.

1 Denon + Marantz
2 Yamaha
3 Pioneer
3.5 Onkyo
5 Sony

D+M have been the leaders since Atmos was released. The rest in the list above are all followers.

Puff, Puff, give!
Gary Bechtold likes this.
post #29541 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
@Timothy1180 you are quite opinionated! While I do not agree (we all have our own preferences and biases) I find your posts entertaining. I am surprised you think so poorly of Anthem. I consider them a tier above these consumer brands.

I own both Yamaha and D+M. Here are my preferences.

1 Denon + Marantz
2 Yamaha
3 Pioneer
3.5 Onkyo
5 Sony

D+M have been the leaders since Atmos was released. The rest in the list above are all followers.

Puff, Puff, give!
I'm totally chill. In my pool drinking a corona. Totally good. I wasn't upset or worked up at all. I owned car dealership and was a gsm a bunch. Just makes me laugh how people like car companies like Honda. Toyota. Lexus. Nissan. Acura.

I understand what your theory was by country. Ford Fiesta. Lol cheap little car.

I sold Supras. They were slow bad handling cars. Rx7 now that way better. Lol.

I have two race cars. Ones a 2002 camaro. 1800hp drag car. Really not a camaro anymore. Lol

Other is a 2004 rx8 track car. Just a measly triple rotor 14k redline 600hp 2400lb car. It does ok. Lol

Daily driver is a Shelby gt350 or Dodge Charger scat. Wife gets the navigator. Kids have focus and edge. Ford makes great cars!

If I got aggressive I apologize. Just not a denon/marantz guy. Like I said their not horrible just not my style. I like a more detailed clinical sound. Which I need to keep up with my soon to be 6 fv15hp. Denon doesn't have the highs to keep up.
post #29542 of 29543 Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
As a subwoofer company, we want to maintain our focus on subwoofers only. Subwoofer design, done in the right way, takes a lot of time.
I consider the Rythmik F25 sub to be an absolutely GREAT bang-for-the-buck bargain. I'd like to own a PAIR of them, but I realize that two F25s just won't fit inside my home. It started me thinking about a 12" version of the F25 -- an "F22" subwoofer. It would be similar to the L22 model -- a sub with dual front-facing 12" drivers -- but instead of paper cones it would utilize Rythmik's 12" aluminum drivers, along with more powerful amplification, in a compact upright enclosure that features a small footprint. Has Rythmik ever made plans to add an F22 subwoofer to their product line? It would be an excellent sub (with high Spouse Approval Factor as an added benefit).

Last edited by hhowards; Today at 12:01 AM.
post #29543 of 29543 Old Today, 03:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
@citsur86 have you tried using the line in instead of the lfe inputs? i've read that people have had different success rates using one vs the other. fwiw i use line in.

I actually have not. Guess I could give this a try and see how I like the sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page