Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 991 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4132Likes

post #29701 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 1326
I'm running Dirac tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29702 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2939 Post(s)
Liked: 3292
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I'm running Dirac tomorrow
Enrico -- Good for you! Are we to assume that you have the full version of the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite? Would love to receive feedback from you or anyone else who has experience with Dirac?

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #29703 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I passed on the 4 fv15hp. Had some scuffs and scratches. Kinda minor but at his price I'd want them to be perfect. Exactly the reason I don't like piano black finish. Scratches to easy.

I'm going to wait till I move and see what sub I need.

I'm ok with 2 fv15hp for now

post #29704 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Enrico -- Good for you! Are we to assume that you have the full version of the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite? Would love to receive feedback from you or anyone else who has experience with Dirac?
Yes Sr. I got an Emotiva XMC-1 with Dirac Live Full @DonH50 , @rcohen and @Bill Mac were kinda the three fellows who convinced me to try Dirac. So I went with the XMC-1 and until now the only regret I have is not having made my purchase three years ago when it came out.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL & Sierra 2s | Rythmik F12SE (x2) | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 | Oppo 105D | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony HW40ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz NR1606 | Emotiva XPA-200 Gen 2 | Samsung UN50JU6500 |

Last edited by enricoclaudio; Yesterday at 05:24 PM.
post #29705 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Yes Sr. I got an Emotiva XMC-1 with Dirac Live Full @DonH50 , @rcohen and @Bill Mac were kinda the three fellows who convinced me to try Dirac. So I went with the XMC-1 and until now the only regret I have is not having made my purchase three years ago when it came out.
I believe the XMC-1 had some issues when it came out, so you should only regret not buying it 2 years ago.
If I ever go the separates route, the XMC-1 will be the pre/pro I get.
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #29706 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I have a question about the Low Pass Filter (LPF). I have been playing around with settings on my new pair of F8's. Initially, I was using 12 db for the LPF setting but after switching to 24 db briefly this morning, it seemed that output was punchier and better defined. I am not using the sub's cross over. I have set the cross over at 80 Hz on my Marantz pre-amp for the 3 front speakers. My question... does LPF come into play only when using the sub's cross-over or does it also impact the roll off on the very bottom end ?

Sean
post #29707 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
I have a question about the Low Pass Filter (LPF). I have been playing around with settings on my new pair of F8's. Initially, I was using 12 db for the LPF setting but after switching to 24 db briefly this morning, it seemed that output was punchier and better defined. I am not using the sub's cross over. I have set the cross over at 80 Hz on my Marantz pre-amp for the 3 front speakers. My question... does LPF come into play only when using the sub's cross-over or does it also impact the roll off on the very bottom end ?
What Marantz preamp? The way the surround processors work is the speaker crossover is 12dB/octave. Then there is a LPF for LFR which defaults to 120Hz. Reducing this setting to match the speaker x-over effectively produces a 24dB/octave slope. Same enabling the LPF on the sub a 12/AVR.

Most prefer a steeper slope on the sub LPF for music. Setting the sub to 24dB/octave is effectively increasing the slope to 36dB/octave.

Getting the right blend with your mains so it sounds best to you is what is most important.

Here are several discussions in the past:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
post #29708 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1676 Post(s)
Liked: 990
^^ What is your impression so far with the FV18?
post #29709 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Liked: 472
I have some exciting news! For the Audyssey thread there are a bunch of folks who say that the new app is cutting off LFE below 20hz and doing some funky stuff with the xover. So, to test I am doing an 8 point Audyssey run through the AVR, then measuring MLP and SLP with REW. Then I'm doing the same thing but through the app. Well, I just got done my sweeps of the room after the Audyssey through AVR Calibration, and with the subs on opposite sides of the room (front left and rear right), I have a very nice LFE response! I'll be posting a lengthy comparison in the other thread and when done, I will link back to it from here. Exciting stuff. Audyssey did what me, REW, the miniDSP 2x4 HD, and a lot of time could not.

Oh and the miniDSP 2x4 HD will be on sale
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #29710 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I have some exciting news! For the Audyssey thread there are a bunch of folks who say that the new app is cutting off LFE below 20hz and doing some funky stuff with the xover. So, to test I am doing an 8 point Audyssey run through the AVR, then measuring MLP and SLP with REW. Then I'm doing the same thing but through the app. Well, I just got done my sweeps of the room after the Audyssey through AVR Calibration, and with the subs on opposite sides of the room (front left and rear right), I have a very nice LFE response! I'll be posting a lengthy comparison in the other thread and when done, I will link back to it from here. Exciting stuff. Audyssey did what me, REW, the miniDSP 2x4 HD, and a lot of time could not.

Oh and the miniDSP 2x4 HD will be on sale

Great to hear you made progress. So no issues for you between AVR and app? Is the app worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29711 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Great to hear you made progress. So no issues for you between AVR and app? Is the app worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing the app runs now - then going to compare - Stay posted.
post #29712 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1774 Post(s)
Liked: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
^^ What is your impression so far with the FV18?
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1214550-official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread-post53268562.html
post #29713 of 29714 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

For anyone interested. Audyssey XT32 EQ'd the dual FV15HPs MUCH better when done from the AVR than from the Editor App. For my entire comparison, click here For now, I would recommend not using the app and just doing it through the AVR. Mic was in exact same spots (made marks) on each run. Nothing was different. Surprising.

MLP Sub Frequency Response - Clearly the AVR Calibration wins here.[/B][/U]

Here is the AVR run Audyssey:

Here is the App run Audyssey:

post #29714 of 29714 Old Today, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Audyssey did what me, REW, the miniDSP 2x4 HD, and a lot of time could not.
This is why I like Audyssey, quirks and all. I'm glad it's working out for ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
f12g subwoofer , integra dtc 9.8 , lv12r , Rythmik , Rythmik Audio , Rythmik Audio F12 Direct Servo Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , servo sub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page