AVS Forum banner
5M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  TurboGuard 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#17,181 ·
You will find some in my setup pictures in my signature.
Speaking of pictures, can someone post a pic of an FV15HP with the grill on (or point me to a post). I've had a hard time finding one. I'm in the "negotiation stages" and I need this to show my wife what a "beautiful end table" it will make next to our couch.:)

Also, has anyone heard any more about the FXV15? I'm interested in specs and an estimated release time to see if it might fit my needs.

#17,189 · (Edited)
I posted on Facebook pictures of the New F8, dual 8" driver sealed subwoofer with HX580 amp.

https://www.facebook.com/rythmikaudio

It looks pretty cool!!!
enrico,

Are there any specs on the dual 8" unit? Is the 8" driver from GR Research? I've got the F12G and really like it - but it's not enough to tame the room modes. Thinking of either getting another F12G or going with 2xF8 for a new place. Would like to know the difference between the two units.

Thanks.

#17,190 ·
enrico,

Are there any specs on the dual 8" unit? Is the 8" driver from GR Research? I've got the F12G and really like it - but it's not enough to tame the room modes. Thinking of either getting another F12G or going with 2xF8 for a new place. Would like to know the difference between the two units.

Thanks.
The F8 has two DS800-3 drivers made by Rythmik Audio. There is a 8" servo driver made by GR Research, the GR SW8-16FR but this driver is for OB setup. Brian is working updating the website to publish the specifications for the F8.

#17,191 ·
Thank you.. It is 12x20x8 = 1920 cuft.. This is for all 3 starting at -20 (75db) to 0 (95db). I stopped at 95db because it was starting to sound too loud..
That was before the distance tweak. The yellow curve is after the distance tweak but it is only measured at 75db..

I have issues between 100-200hz .. may be I need the F8s :)

@ahmedreda
Very nice room. 3FVs must be very nice. How big is the room? Got any graph of them 3 to share?

#17,192 · (Edited)
^^ This is subs only, correct? You have same problem I had where if measured with MV=0, your subs were not in the 115db range. If you change the level in REW to -3dBSF (default at -12dBSF) on the measuring screen where you key in the starting and ending frequency for measurement, you will hit 115db at 0MV assuming your subs were properly calibrated. Make sure to lower your MV to start out as it will be louder sweep.
If you crossover your speakers at 80 or 100hz, your speakers will take over from there on your FR, right? Your subs is not responsible for FR above your crossover point.

#17,193 ·
Thank you.. It is 12x20x8 = 1920 cuft.. This is for all 3 starting at -20 (75db) to 0 (95db). I stopped at 95db because it was starting to sound too loud..
That was before the distance tweak. The yellow curve is after the distance tweak but it is only measured at 75db..

I have issues between 100-200hz .. may be I need the F8s :)
Great response...love seeing the FV's in room response flat to below 10hz. Pretty amazing for a ported sub with its relatively small size. Rythmik design FTW!

#17,194 ·
The F8 has two DS800-3 drivers made by Rythmik Audio. There is a 8" servo driver made by GR Research, the GR SW8-16FR but this driver is for OB setup. Brian is working updating the website to publish the specifications for the F8.
I don't see any updates to your web page for teh F8. I mentioned over in Audioholics in two threads under subwoofers that you have a new subwoofer product out. People are interested in them. When will see the updates? :)

#17,195 ·
I don't see any updates to your web page for teh F8. I mentioned over in Audioholics in two threads under subwoofers that you have a new subwoofer product out. People are interested in them. When will see the updates? :)
Website is not updated yet, but check on the link below for more info and specifications.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/DS800ci_info.html

Reactions: 3db
#17,196 ·
enrico,

Are there any specs on the dual 8" unit? Is the 8" driver from GR Research? I've got the F12G and really like it. Would like to know the difference between the two units.

Thanks.
I would also like to know the differences of the F8 and F12G. They seem to be the top Music subs out right now. With a dual subs with a crossover of 100hz, what are the pros and cons.

#17,197 ·
I would also like to know the differences of the F8 and F12G. They seem to be the top Music subs out right now. With a dual subs with a crossover of 100hz, what are the pros and cons.
If HT is the primary use then the F12/F12G is the best option, mostly because the ability to play content below 20Hz. For pure audiophile music and no need for subsonic frequencies then the F8 is the way to go. The F12 is only +1dB louder than the F8.

#17,199 ·
If HT is the primary use then the F12/F12G is the best option, mostly because the ability to play content below 20Hz. For pure audiophile music and no need for subsonic frequencies then the F8 is the way to go. The F12 is only +1dB louder than the F8.
enrico,

Thanks for this info.

Looks like I'll be getting a 2nd F12G then.:)

#17,200 ·
This is one of the very few times I disagree with Enrico (note the date). My first real sub was a servo design of my own (ironically similar to the Rythmik patent, if I'd only known -- but Brian has taken the concept much further!) It was flat to about 16 Hz, and about 6 dB down at 8 Hz. There was no HT then. I needed it to supplement the low end of my little Magnepans and figured it would help with orchestral and organ music, not a huge part of my album collection but significant. What I did not expect was how the extreme low end helped with piano, small jazz groups, and rock. The percussive transients from piano, plucked strings, and drums (natch) were clearly enhanced by the extended low end. I know because I had a steep variable HPF I used mainly to combat rumble from LP records (vinyl) and wow from tape (I had 1/4" to 1" or 2" back then). I kept moving it up and down (the range was about 8 Hz to 24 Hz) and every time I listened seriously I found myself appreciating the music (music! no HT, remember?) more with the lower settings.

So, IME, extended low end is very nice to have for music as well. - Don