AVS Forum banner
5M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  TurboGuard 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#23,941 ·
If I read the amp model number right, 2000W for a dual ported 15" fv25hp will be awesome. Easily +6db over the almighty FV15hp across the entire frequency range. I am a lot more excited for the FV25 than the FV18.
Yes, between 1800W and 2000W. The FV25HP is +9dB over the FV15HP, mostly below 20Hz.

#23,942 · (Edited)
For you guys salivating for an 18" Rythmik sub, in spite of the "sexiness" of such a monster sub, the final price for it, with the considerable cost of shipping it to you, may well be more than the price of a pair of FV15HP's
I don't think so. Brian has to come up with a competitive price with other 18" ported sub available from other ID companies which range from $1300-$1900.

#23,945 ·
For you guys salivating for an 18" Rythmik sub, in spite of the "sexiness" of such a monster sub, the final price for it, with the considerable cost of shipping it to you, may well be more than the price of a pair of FV15HP's, or three or four smaller Rythmiks. And I have no doubt that three or four (perhaps even just two) smaller Rythmiks will provide better overall sound than a single 18. Something to keep in mind. Now, for you guys who can buy two, three, or four 18's, Hell yeah!
I'd like to add that moving a huge 100 lb or more sub isn't easy either. My 60lb LV12R (70lbs in box) is heavy enough and has a pretty big enclosure for a 12" ported sub (all the other 12" ported subs I've seen are a lot smaller, especially the BB retail types). Even the compact F12 is about 90 lbs if I'm not mistaken.

#23,946 ·
I'd like to add that moving a huge 100 lb or more sub isn't easy either. My 60lb LV12R (70lbs in box) is heavy enough and has a pretty big enclosure for a 12" ported sub (all the other 12" ported subs I've seen are a lot smaller, especially the BB retail types). Even the compact F12 is about 90 lbs if I'm not mistaken.
From website:
Shipping Weight75 lbs

#23,947 ·
From website:
Shipping Weight75 lbs
Thanks, I must have been thinking about something else... though I do wonder how heavy the dual 15 ported and single 18 ported will be.

#23,948 ·
Thanks, I must have been thinking about something else... though I do wonder how heavy the dual 15 ported and single 18 ported will be.
Hmmm lets see, F25: Shipping Weight 170lbs(No palette), (220lbs with palette)

IF ratios are similar to the 15" models below, then the dual ported 15 might be in the ballpark of 180lbs to 234lbs with/without palette. Also possible that it requires a greater increase in bracing and pushes up the weight even more and my totally wild guess is too light...:eek:

F15HP: Shipping Weight 108lbs vs FV15HP: Shipping Weight 115lbs = weight ratio 1:1.06

No guess on the 18" ;)

#23,949 ·
So I have gone through most of the posts of this thread, read tons of reviews, opinions, graphs, etc. and now I would like to pose the question directly to you owners.

HOW GOOD IS THE F12?

Have you had the chance of comparing it to JL e112? What are your opinions? What made you chose the Rythmik over other brands you were considering?

I am about to buy two F12 to replace my RELs R528, which I did not appreciate as much as reviewers did.

I will be using the two subs placed close to my main speakers (PRO AC 140MkII) especially for music (70% of the time).

Any opinion / suggestion will be very much appreciated as you will be responsible for making me the first to import them into Italy.

#23,950 ·
Hey guys, we got yesterday the DS1820 driver cast aluminum basket and it looks Awesome!! Like I said, we are just waiting for the driver coils to arrive to start assembling of the DS1820 driver and of course, start production of the FV18. Here some pictures for you to enjoy :)

Did you notice this small detail? Yes guys, Rythmik LOGO printed on the driver surround :)

Attachments

#23,953 ·
Hmmm lets see, F25: Shipping Weight 170lbs(No palette), (220lbs with palette)

IF ratios are similar to the 15" models below, then the dual ported 15 might be in the ballpark of 180lbs to 234lbs with/without palette. Also possible that it requires a greater increase in bracing and pushes up the weight even more and my totally wild guess is too light...

F15HP: Shipping Weight 108lbs vs FV15HP: Shipping Weight 115lbs = weight ratio 1:1.06

No guess on the 18"
Wow, that would make it weigh as much as or more than me. I assume special considerations would have to be taken when moving it around the room to determine optimal placement. And 2 very strong people.

Though I am still in the crowd that would consider multiple 12 inch subs before a single dual 15 or single 18.

(Even a single 15 would be twice as heavy as my LV12R.)

Though I wonder if those interested in such 'super' subs are in it for output or extension mainly...

*referring to ported subs only

#23,954 ·
Hey guys, we got yesterday the DS1820 driver cast aluminum basket and it looks Awesome!! Like I said, we are just waiting for the driver coils to arrive to start assembling of the DS1820 driver and of course, start production of the FV18. Here some pictures for you to enjoy

Did you notice this small detail? Yes guys, Rythmik LOGO printed on the driver surround

If at some point, this trickles down to the 12 inch drivers, including paper, it would be a nice touch. Having a few subtle Rythmik logos would be a welcome addition.

#23,957 · (Edited)
So I have gone through most of the posts of this thread, read tons of reviews, opinions, graphs, etc. and now I would like to pose the question directly to you owners.

HOW GOOD IS THE F12?

Have you had the chance of comparing it to JL e112? What are your opinions? What made you chose the Rythmik over other brands you were considering?

I am about to buy two F12 to replace my RELs R528, which I did not appreciate as much as reviewers did.

I will be using the two subs placed close to my main speakers (PRO AC 140MkII) especially for music (70% of the time).

Any opinion / suggestion will be very much appreciated as you will be responsible for making me the first to import them into Italy.
The F12 is outstanding but be sure you are not overestimating what the (any) sub does. Room placement and integration is very important. You might want to move your REL's around a little before giving up n them. As for the F12, I compared mine to a JL113 (among other subs) but only briefly and not in my system so really can't say how they compare. For commercial subs JL and Paradigm were on my short list but I think my F12 is comparable and in some ways better for a fraction of the cost.

HTH - Don

#23,958 ·

HOW GOOD IS THE F12?

The F12 is outstanding but be sure you are not overestimating what the sub does. Room placement and integration is very important. You might want to move your REL's around a little before giving up n them. As for the F12, I compared mine to a JL113 (among other subs) but only briefly and not in my system so really can't say how they compare. For commercial subs JL and Paradigm were on my short list but I think my F12 is comparable and in some ways better for a fraction of the cost.

HTH - Don
+1, optimize your current setup before buying anything else... then upgrade if desired/needed.

#23,959 ·
If at some point, this trickles down to the 12 inch drivers, including paper, it would be a nice touch. Having a few subtle Rythmik logos would be a welcome addition.
LV12R and L12 will have the logo as well. As soon the inventory is gone, all new drivers will come with the logo printed on.

#23,960 ·
LV12R and L12 will have the logo as well. As soon the inventory is gone, all new drivers will come with the logo printed on.
nice