AVS Forum banner
5M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  TurboGuard 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#24,521 ·
I was really impressed with the flexibility options on the amp of that sub, even though we didn't adjust them that night. We never did adjust the peq settings, mainly let audyssey do it's job after we found the right placement, then fine tuned delay. I would love to stop back and measure/hear the impact of adjusting the PEQ as you state above. I have used external eq's (behringer 1124p), that was before the mini dsp came out. Since xt32, I haven't really touched other external eq's.
I find those knobs from Rythmik amp very useful also. It allows a user to fine tune further after Avr auto cal without using any external eq. Good job finding that sub placement for your buddy. Is that graph unsmooth? By turning on peq per Enrico's suggestion, the graph should look flatter at 60hz region. I wouldn't use peq to boost if it was a null.

#24,522 ·
I find those knobs from Rythmik amp very useful also. It allows a user to fine tune further after Avr auto cal without using any external eq. Good job finding that sub placement for your buddy. Is that graph unsmooth? By turning on peq per Enrico's suggestion, the graph should look flatter at 60hz region. I wouldn't use peq to boost if it was a null.
Well if that small null on 60Hz region is due to room mode then the PEQ would do nothing to fix it. But definitely it's worth a try just to see if it can flat the 60Hz region. The good thing about the controls on the PEQ3 amp is that you can see real time changes with REW.

#24,523 ·

I applied 1/6 octave smoothing, since we are showing full range. Correct, no boosting of nulls, although I believe we removed the null with placement. Will need to view the sweeps unsmoothed again tonight.

#24,526 ·
What looks odd to me is when you said the it happens even when there is not music playing, just with the subwoofer on stand by. Could you please check if there is sound coming out of the subwoofer when stand by? Touch the cone surround to see if you feel any vibration or movement.
I don't think there's any noise coming from it in standby, but I'll try when I get home, thanks.

#24,527 ·
Some people are supposedly sensitive to EMF...personally, I'm not sure if I believe it or not, but that sub has quite a large magnet!

#24,528 ·
Does the AVR global crossover have to match the crossover knob frequency on the sub via Line In when doing this?
That's how I approach it, but it's always best to measure because there are some variables between what the knob says and where it actually starts to roll off. I tend to find the sub crossover needs to be set a little higher than the indicated frequency I'm shooting for.

#24,532 ·
@enricoclaudio is there any advantage to running a y-adapter to the LFE left/right versus just one input?

F25
No advantage and no advisable either. Using both LFE inputs will increase the input gain by +6dB and that can cause the subwoofer to clip and distort.

#24,534 ·
#24,535 ·
No advantage and no advisable either. Using both LFE inputs will increase the input gain by +6dB and that can cause the subwoofer to clip and distort.
Odd, I have my f12 hooked up with a splitter to the l and r, I thought at the time it was to deal with lowvoltage coming from my Yamaha avr's LFE. I was setup three years ago so I doubt I remember right. One day I'll have to move it back to one wire and re-calibrate.

#24,536 ·
Odd, I have my f12 hooked up with a splitter to the l and r, I thought at the time it was to deal with lowvoltage coming from my Yamaha avr's LFE. I was setup three years ago so I doubt I remember right. One day I'll have to move it back to one wire and re-calibrate.
If your receiver has low voltage (most Yamahas do) or if you are using a miniDSP 2x4 (not the balanced) then using both LINE IN or LFE IN is OK. It's also OK to use both LINE IN if you have a stereo pre amp. But in most cases using both LFE inputs can cause excessive input gain on the pre amp section of the amp then it will cause distortion due to clipping. This is more noticeable during movies with high bass content.

#24,537 ·
Is there anyone with F12s that uses Line In for music and LFE for movies? How are you accomplishing this?
I have tried with a switcher box, one for each sub, but for some reason one of the subs will not perform correctly as line level is reduced. If only one switch box is connected then it works fine. Inverting the switches does not solve the issue. Connecting the preamp directly to the subs results in perfect level matching. Any idea what is causing the problem?

#24,539 · (Edited)
If your receiver has low voltage (most Yamahas do) or if you are using a miniDSP 2x4 (not the balanced) then using both LINE IN or LFE IN is OK. It's also OK to use both LINE IN if you have a stereo pre amp. But in most cases using both LFE inputs can cause excessive input gain on the pre amp section of the amp then it will cause distortion due to clipping. This is more noticeable during movies with high bass content.
wow i had no clue that was something to be aware of :eek:, is using both LINE IN OK? or will it be susceptible to clipping and distortion like when using both LFE connections?