AVS Forum banner
5M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  TurboGuard 
#1 ·
 http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

There never seems to be an 'Official' Rythmik thread so....

Hopefully members can post here and representatives from Rythmik (Brian) can more readily answer questions that are normally strewn about in many threads.

Rythmik now offers complete subwoofers as well as the traditional kits.

Maybe Brian will subscribe.

See less See more
#27,322 ·
Or just wait for LG to announce the new OLED models at CES. This year during Thanksgiving the LG OLED55B6/C6 went down to $1600. I'm pretty sure after LG shows the new 2017 OLED models, all 2016 models will get very cheap.

#27,323 · (Edited)
Or just wait for LG to announce the new OLED models at CES. This year during Thanksgiving the LG OLED55B6/C6 went down to $1600. I'm pretty sure after LG shows the new 2017 OLED models, all 2016 models will get very cheap.
I just picked up the new Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-Ray player so I am definitely waiting to see what happens on the OLED front. Right now I would do the LG OLED65E6P but CES could change that. :)

Anybody want to buy an Oppo BDP-93 in excellent condition? :D
or
a Samsung PN64F8500 1080p Plasma TV? :D

#27,325 ·
Subs are cheap. Rebuilding the media room for isolation is expensive. Glad I did the latter first.

Better keep it down until you figure out how to isolate and/or reinforce that bathroom wall before you lose lights, mirror, wallboard...
haha definitely. i very much look forward to moving all of my equipment downstairs into the basement when the room is done--i work on it a bit every day (doing electrical runs right now). i just remove the light bulbs in the bathroom when i want to use the system, seems to be working so far :)

#27,326 ·
My media room build is in the basement, too, so I didn't do anything to the floor. The walls and ceiling are floating, and a minisplit provides HVAC so there is no ducting to the rest of the house (or vice-versa). It is not perfect but isolation to/from the rest of the house is very good. The biggest issue I have is that, since I floated the ceiling on hangers from the studs above instead of floating it with the walls (would have required much more bracing and cost me additional inner height), heavy footfalls in the kitchen can still be heard in the media room when it is quiet. I.e. the only time it's a problem is when I am doing measurements and inevitably somebody decides that is the perfect time to stomp into the kitchen for a snack. :)

Reactions: nefrina
#27,329 ·
That is insane. Which clip was playing? How loud was your MV and how hot was the subs?
one of my favorite bass test tracks:

artist - techmaster p.e.b.
album - it came from outer bass II
song - bass out (track 18)

youtube version here: (i'd recommend getting a lossless version)

just skip to the ~2:28 mark which is where the fun starts. that's pretty much all the subs will give (not complaining). and yes the amps definitely get warm, but i bought the subs to use them. it's synonymous with you don't buy a subaru WRX for the fuel economy, you did it to push you back in your seat, or in this case to make the seat shake :)

#27,330 · (Edited)
one of my favorite bass test tracks:

artist - techmaster p.e.b.
album - it came from outer bass II
song - bass out (track 18)

just skip to the ~2:28 mark which is where the fun starts. that's pretty much all the subs will give (not complaining). and yes the amps definitely get warm, but i bought the subs to use them. it's synonymous with you don't buy a subaru WRX for the fuel economy, you did it to push you back in your seat, or in this case to make the seat shake :)

Just played this via Tidal with my new LVX12. :eek:

Not my usual type of music but my kids loved it. They wanted another track so randomly tried the track called Robot Love. The last minute of that one was even more intense.

#27,331 ·

Not my usual type of music but my kids loved it. They wanted another track so randomly tried the track called Robot Love. The last minute of that one was even more intense.
How are you enjoying the LVX12? I'm debating the LVX12, the LV12R, or possibly the FVX15.

#27,332 ·

try track 1 (invading bass), that's also fun :)

Reactions: abd1
#27,333 ·
How are you enjoying the LVX12? I'm debating the LVX12, the LV12R, or possibly the FVX15.
LOVE the LVX12. I just received it last week and I'm planning on posting some comments after spending more time with it, but so far I'm totally impressed and happy. My room isn't that big, 12x16x8, and it easily fills the room with bass and can make the couch and walls shake. The first movie scene I tried with it was War of the Worlds when the ship emerges from under the street. The output was so much that a cover panel that hides access to a shut off valve came off one of my walls. However, the thing that impresses me the most is how tight and accurate the bass is, and it really shines for music much more than I expected. The tighter bass actually helps the sub integrate into the music more and disappear, increasing the sound stage, especially in depth. I had read this from other people who had initial impressions with high quality subs and I was always unsure of what they meant and how the sub would impact the sound stage and imaging, but now I get it! I was coming from a Reaction Audio BPS212 sub, which has dual opposed 12" drivers and 300w in a sealed box. I was close to buying an LV12R but then the RA sub came out and I thought since I want a musical sub, getting something sealed would be good, and it was a promo for only $400. However, the performance difference isn't even close. I upgraded because I wanted something to dig deeper for movies, but I didn't expect the LVX12 to be so much better for music, but like I said, not even close. I had thought about trying to integrate the BPS212 into my HT with the LVX12, but now I'm just going to sell it. I don't want to degrade the sound at all and the LVX12 is plenty of sub for me.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of the 3. I upgraded to the LVX12 from the LV12R because it was on sale and I wanted the front ports since space is a bit tight in my room, but I bet the LV12R would have been plenty too. Of course, if you can fit and afford the 15" then go for it! You can't make a bad choice here.

Attachments

#27,334 ·
LOVE the LVX12. I just received it last week and I'm planning on posting some comments after spending more time with it, but so far I'm totally impressed and happy. My room isn't that big, 12x16x8, and it easily fills the room with bass and can make the couch and walls shake. The first movie scene I tried with it was War of the Worlds when the ship emerges from under the street. The output was so much that a cover panel that hides access to a shut off valve came off one of my walls. However, the thing that impresses me the most is how tight and accurate the bass is, and it really shines for music much more than I expected. The tighter bass actually helps the sub integrate into the music more and disappear, increasing the sound stage, especially in depth. I had read this from other people who had initial impressions with high quality subs and I was always unsure of what they meant and how the sub would impact the sound stage and imaging, but now I get it! I was coming from a Reaction Audio BPS212 sub, which has dual opposed 12" drivers and 300w in a sealed box. I was close to buying an LV12R but then the RA sub came out and I thought since I want a musical sub, getting something sealed would be good, and it was a promo for only $400. However, the performance difference isn't even close. I upgraded because I wanted something to dig deeper for movies, but I didn't expect the LVX12 to be so much better for music, but like I said, not even close. I had thought about trying to integrate the BPS212 into my HT with the LVX12, but now I'm just going to sell it. I don't want to degrade the sound at all and the LVX12 is plenty of sub for me.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of the 3. I upgraded to the LVX12 from the LV12R because it was on sale and I wanted the front ports since space is a bit tight in my room, but I bet the LV12R would have been plenty too. Of course, if you can fit and afford the 15" then go for it! You can't make a bad choice here.
you should totally add a second. made such a huge difference for me and made the other seating positions (e.g., guests) sound so much better.

#27,335 ·
you should totally add a second. made such a huge difference for me and made the other seating positions (e.g., guests) sound so much better.
I want to. The previous owners of the house built a small office into the back of the room that I'm using for storage. We may take the wall down and open the room up again to make it 12x24. If that happens I'm definitely adding another sub. For now, this 1 sub makes the entire house shake and literally frightens my kids and wife during movies so I don't think I can get a green light on #2....yet.

#27,337 ·

Wow, sounds awesome!!!! I started a business in May, so that pushed back my purchase date. However, I'm hoping in the next few months to be ready.

I love everything I've read about the LV12R, but wondered would the extra depth of the LVX12 and extension be enough to be felt. Although it sounds like the LVX has more than enough power to be felt.

The musicality, and accuracy are what draw me to the Rythmik subs. I listen to more music than I do home theatre, but both are very important. Probably 70-30, music.

Appreciate the response!!! Enjoy!

#27,338 ·
Turn your system ON, set the MV at 0dB and enjoy the ride :)

#27,339 ·
Connect the sub RCA out of the Denon to the R or L line in, not the LFE.
R: You receiver has Audyssey so use LFE IN instead.
Crossover dial to maximum since I'm using the crossovers from the AVR settings picked by Audyssey.
R: If you use LINE IN then set the crossover at 120Hz. If you use LFE IN (preferable) then crossover has no function.
LPF slope to 24 dB
R: If you use LINE IN then set LPF Slope to 12dB. If you use LFE IN, LPF Slope has no function.
Bass extension to 1P music, since music is my main concern.
R: That's OK
Hi Enrico,

I received my LVX12 x2 and I will setting those up today in my HT, since I be using my Denon X4200 with Audyssey and LFE IN the Crossover & LPF Slope will have no function per the quote above but what about the Delay Phase? according to the paper that came with the subs it says that the Phase Control has no function when using LFE IN, so I could leave that at zero?

#27,340 ·
Hi Enrico,

I received my LVX12 x2 and I will setting those up today in my HT, since I be using my Denon X4200 with Audyssey and LFE IN the Crossover & LPF Slope will have no function per the quote above but what about the Delay Phase? according to the paper that came with the subs it says that the Phase Control has no function when using LFE IN, so I could leave that at zero?
Yes, leave it at 0. Either way it has no function when LFE IN is used. Your Denon X4200 will set delay (distance) during calibration. I would also recommend to check on @laulau setup guide for Rythmik Audio subwoofers. You will find there all you need to know to complete a full setup of your system.

Reactions: LoS24