Energy ESW-V10 Subwoofer (Pictures) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 34 Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Pictures of my Energy ESW-V10 Subwoofer (Unboxing)

Specifications

System Type Bass Reflex with Rear Firing Dual Ports

Frequency Response 23Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB

Amplifier Power Output 300 Watts RMS, 1200 Watts Dynamic

Woofer 10 (25.4 cm) Woven Composite Fiberglas Cone with Patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround

Variable Low Pass Filter 40Hz-120Hz @ 18dB/octave

Variable Phase Control -180° to +180°

Power Mode Switch On/Auto/Off

Inputs Line In/Sub In & Speaker Level In

Overall Dimensions inches: 14 5/8 x 14 5/8 x 15 5/8
mm: 371.5 x 371.5 x 396.9
(add 2 1/16 (52.4mm) for feet)
Weight - 39.7 lb / 18 kg

Crossover Filter Switch Active / Bypass

Voice Coil Diameter 2 (508 mm)

Finishes High Gloss Black Polyurethane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 AM

You have only 2 posts, and both on the same day of 2 different subs with pics and specs. Why???? Seems like advertising. Not that it is, but I have the urge to go buy a sub now.

PF
post #3 of 34 Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfreud55 View Post

You have only 2 posts, and both on the same day of 2 different subs with pics and specs. Why???? Seems like advertising. Not that it is, but I have the urge to go buy a sub now.

PF

He is advertising, his new subs! The Energy sub is very nice looking indeed. Thanks for posting the pics of your new subs. Why did you buy two different subs instead of two matching subs would be my question? Seperate rooms would be my guess
post #4 of 34 Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 View Post

He is advertising, his new subs! The Energy sub is very nice looking indeed. Thanks for posting the pics of your new subs. Why did you buy two different subs instead of two matching subs would be my question? Seperate rooms would be my guess

Congrats on your news subs. The gloss finish on the energy certainly looks nice. I'm a little unsure why you bought this and a svs pb-12 nsd. I have a feeling after spending some time with both, you will strongly favor the sound and performance of the sv sound.

In any case. Enjoy your new subs. I for one always like pictures.
post #5 of 34 Old 01-10-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all you guys,

I first bought the Energy ESW-V10 and test it for a while. I really like it a lot the look of it, it matches very well my RC-30. I don't think it will be enough bass for the space I live, I'm 12 feet in front my system x 25 feet until the kitchen x 8 feet ceiling. So that's why, I bough the SVS PB12-NSD to see if it can fill my room by itself, the Energy was expensive but it looks great. I'll need to decide if is worth the keep my ESW-V10.

Picture of my setup;

post #6 of 34 Old 01-13-2010, 08:36 PM

Well it appears that I and others have concluded that this is an add. Can a MOD delete this, if for no other reason that it has no value!!!!!

PF
post #7 of 34 Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Where did you get the Energy sub? How did it compare to the SVS? Was it too small for your room? I have a similar sized room and have been considering the Energy so I'm curious.
post #8 of 34 Old 01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Well it appears that I and others have concluded that this is an add. Can a MOD delete this, if for no other reason that it has no value!!!!!

PF

What? Just because you see no value in this thread doesn't mean others don't. A guy bought an Energy Sub and wanted to show people what it looks like in his home. As you can see from the post under yours that some people do find it valuable. I'm not saying it rates up high on an 'informative' level but it sure adds more info that your posts in the thread! Maybe you should go posting in EVERY single dedicated thread for receivers, speakers and subwoofers and tell all the people who post pics of their products that they are merely advertising the brand. When I got my speakers I ran to AVS to post pics and give impressions. I did the same with my TV and subwoofers I've owned. Was I really just advertising too?
post #9 of 34 Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I got more news testing the PB12-NSD and ESW-V10

I bought the Energy ESW-V10, 2 weeks ago at Future Shop, but now I belive they are out of stock and it's a discontinued model

I think the Energy ESW-V10, in my opinion sounded great playing music, with tight bass, with punch, I can feel it. But for movies, I still not very sure about it, still need some test.

The PB12-NSD, it sounded louder than the ESW-V10 but adjusted the volume to match my front RC-30, the PB12-NSD sounded great, it goes deeper but in my opinion it's not as tight and punchy than the ESW-V10. I haven't test for movies yet, so still don't know about it.

Pictures comparing side by side

Thank you
post #10 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The sub looks nice. Enjoy
post #11 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 View Post

What? Just because you see no value in this thread doesn't mean others don't. A guy bought an Energy Sub and wanted to show people what it looks like in his home. As you can see from the post under yours that some people do find it valuable. I'm not saying it rates up high on an 'informative' level but it sure adds more info that your posts in the thread! Maybe you should go posting in EVERY single dedicated thread for receivers, speakers and subwoofers and tell all the people who post pics of their products that they are merely advertising the brand. When I got my speakers I ran to AVS to post pics and give impressions. I did the same with my TV and subwoofers I've owned. Was I really just advertising too?

Call me a sceptic, your first 2 posts ever were not pictures. Don't you think it's odd that his first 2 post were picss???

Is it possible that people actually use these boards for advertising on the down low??? Not saying that this is the case, but it seems fishy to me.

You might be right, but you might be wrong. Show me another poster who'se first 2 posts were pics, and I'll change my scepticism. Of course people will post there pics, do ya really think that that was my basis for my point of view\\

All I'm saying is that, that's what it looks like. Buisiness is business.
PF
post #12 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Call me a sceptic, your first 2 posts ever were not pictures. Don't you think it's odd that his first 2 post were picss???

Is it possible that people actually use these boards for advertising on the down low??? Not saying that this is the case, but it seems fishy to me.

You might be right, but you might be wrong. Show me another poster who'se first 2 posts were pics, and I'll change my scepticism. Of course people will post there pics, do ya really think that that was my basis for my point of view\\

All I'm saying is that, that's what it looks like. Buisiness is business.
PF

Laugh. WTF? Paranoid much?

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #13 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim View Post

Laugh. WTF? Paranoid much?

Whatever.... very mature.... way to address the topic. If it's realism than the opposite is naive.

PF
post #14 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

Whatever.... very mature.... way to address the topic. If it's realism than the opposite is naive.

PF

OMG, man, are you serious? What topic did you address, exactly?

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #15 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim View Post

OMG, man, are you serious? What topic did you address, exactly?

The fact that his first 2 posts of his membership were the ones posted seemed quite odd to me. You don't agree, that's fine, you don't need to belittle now do you. Hmm, or maybe ya do. So you don't think that that is odd. Ahh you must be right, because you called me paranoid.

I made my point about what I think, and you made your point about what you think about my point. Done and done.

Ciao baby.

PF
post #16 of 34 Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 PM

It does sound like an ad in the first post but this subwoofer is a discontinued model and pretty much sold out. There's no reason for OP to advertise it. Case closed.
post #17 of 34 Old 01-18-2010, 12:24 AM

Liked: 15
Some people have way too much free time to worry about ********.
post #18 of 34 Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddelts View Post

Some people have way too much free time to worry about ********.

ya like advertisers.
post #19 of 34 Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 AM

What kind of advertiser posts only a picture and specs to get people to buy their specific product and conveniently leaves the price and where to go buy it from out? Who then takes unboxing pictures of the product in their home? Am I going to be interested in making a purchase because of the type of plastic it or the manual is wrapped in? I'm glad when people post pictures like this on a forum. It makes it a lot easier to find what something looks like in a real environment rather than google image results only returning manufacturer pictures or finding no pictures at all.
post #20 of 34 Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:

ya like advertisers.

post #21 of 34 Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectEF View Post

What kind of advertiser posts only a picture and specs to get people to buy their specific product and conveniently leaves the price and where to go buy it from out? Who then takes unboxing pictures of the product in their home? Am I going to be interested in making a purchase because of the type of plastic it or the manual is wrapped in? I'm glad when people post pictures like this on a forum. It makes it a lot easier to find what something looks like in a real environment rather than google image results only returning manufacturer pictures or finding no pictures at all.

On a forum like this, that is exactly how I would do it. AFAIK advertising in a thread is not allowed.

Remember, his first 2 posts ever were of subs with pics.

BTW, forums are notorious for having "shills", why would this forum be any different???? Are you saying that people with a financial interest, and thereby promoting certain products don't frequent these forums....lol. Of course they do!!!! Money...it's a gas.

PF
post #22 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 AM

Pinkfreud, shut the **** up. The OP has added a hell of a lot more to this forum than you have. He has nice detailed pics of several subs that are fairly popular as well reviews of them and how they compare to each other. That's the point of this forum. So shut up and stop thinking advertisers are out to get you.
post #23 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddelts View Post

ROFL....nice!
post #24 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:

On a forum like this, that is exactly how I would do it. AFAIK advertising in a thread is not allowed.

Remember, his first 2 posts ever were of subs with pics.

BTW, forums are notorious for having "shills", why would this forum be any different???? Are you saying that people with a financial interest, and thereby promoting certain products don't frequent these forums....lol. Of course they do!!!! Money...it's a gas.

PF

Your home must be full of crap if those pictures did actually cause you to randomly be interested in getting a new sub.
post #25 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 954
I just shed a tear for your front left speaker, it is so sad jammed into that corner

Can you not pull them out a bit? The speakers really shouldn't be behind the display. I can see how you are a bit restricted with the fireplace mantle....

The SVS PB12 should have much more low end extension and output than the Energy V10, but that is what you would expect as it is much bigger and heavier. With the V10 part of what you are paying for is the good looks (gorgeous high-gloss lacquer finish and exotic kevlar woofer with brushed metal basket) and powerful performance from a small package... but it can't stand up to that SVS in terms of raw performance.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #26 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 PM

I got the very last esw-v10 sold by Future Shop in B.C. $500 Canadian, used to be $900.
It is a very attractive sub-woofer, and has a very tight accurate bass for music.

I rarely watch movies, so I got it for music, and it does a superb job with bass-heavy music.
post #27 of 34 Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagaiz View Post

Pinkfreud, shut the **** up. .... So shut up and stop thinking advertisers are out to get you.

Nice

Naive, rude person

BTW: There is no shilling on this forum

Call people names much???? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post17819489

about 15% of your posts might be considered of no value. I'm expecting that to go up, unless of course you might want to apologize for telling me to shut up.... . Didn't think so.
post #28 of 34 Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 AM

wow,can't believe how people act on this popular avsforum.
A bit sad,really (shakes head).
post #29 of 34 Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn_ai View Post

Picture of my setup:

Pleeeeeeeease tell me that you don't actually have your subwoofer set up a foot in front of a fireplace!?!?

And the way that you have the RC-30's crammed in... there's no stereo image coming out of there. The poor left channel is so boxed in, I can't picture much sound coming out of there at all. *sad*
post #30 of 34 Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM

I am really new to all of this. I bought this on amazon for $279 shipped if that helps any one. Using it with a Onkyo 607 and the energy take 5 speakers. What setting do most people keep the sub at?

I used the Audosy auto set up on the Onkyo receiver:
Should I be using the Auto power setting or will taht affect my sound? Should I set the crossover to bypass to auto?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page