Paradigm Ultracube 12 vs Seismic 10 vs SVS SB12+ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-07-2010, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 2000 cubic foot room and am looking for a sub with a small footprint to pair with Paradigm Studio 60v5's, a cc-490v5, Studio 10v5's in a 5.1 system. This would be for about 50% HT and 50% stereo music.
I'm looking at the Paradigm Ultracube 12, the Paradigm Seismic 10, or the SVS SB12+. The only one of these I can audition is the Ultracube so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstwoca View Post

I have a 2000 cubic foot room and am looking for a sub with a small footprint to pair with Paradigm Studio 60v5's, a cc-490v5, Studio 10v5's in a 5.1 system. This would be for about 50% HT and 50% stereo music.
I'm looking at the Paradigm Ultracube 12, the Paradigm Seismic 10, or the SVS SB12+. The only one of these I can audition is the Ultracube so I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I have heard the Ultracube 12 and it is impressive in regards to SPL and it is very quick and responsive. I did not care for the Seismic 10 oddly enough on the tracks I was playing. It had some impressive transients but overall didn't hit everything even like the Ultracube did for me. I am asking the same question as you in regards to the SVS subwoofers. I think it is somewhat annoying you have to commit to buying it first in order to hear it and it makes it even more difficult to compare to other subs out there. I realize they have a 45 day return policy but that can prove to be a hassle along with an expense if you don't care for it in the end.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 04:08 PM

I own an Ultracube 12 and I am wondering what for the same or less money in SVS or HSU I would have came away with. I needed a smaller sized sub and bought the Ultracub. My room is very large and open.... Well I ordered my dad an HSU VTF 1 and man I am f'n impressed. Now my room is 3x's the size but his sub sounds so much deeper and its only rated to 25 hz. So now I am thinking for the $880.00 I spent I could have bought an HSU VTF 3. SO I AM GOING TO BRING MINE to my dads and compare asap. I am going to be really pissed off if my Ultracube does'nt stomp all over his sub.

My opinion right now is small subs are only good if you dont have the space or your wife will go nuts. My dad's room is 14x14 and mine is huge both are at a 1/4 gain... How knows... But I 100% think that ID subs are the way to go... My Ultracube just does not give that in your gut feeling. It better be because on my room size or I am going to feel like a real dipshit laying out the money i did. But at least my gf thinks it looks nice.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek From NJ View Post

I own an Ultracube 12 and I am wondering what for the same or less money in SVS or HSU I would have came away with. I needed a smaller sized sub and bought the Ultracub. My room is very large and open.... Well I ordered my dad an HSU VTF 1 and man I am f'n impressed. Now my room is 3x's the size but his sub sounds so much deeper and its only rated to 25 hz. So now I am thinking for the $880.00 I spent I could have bought an HSU VTF 3. SO I AM GOING TO BRING MINE to my dads and compare asap. I am going to be really pissed off if my Ultracube does'nt stomp all over his sub.

My opinion right now is small subs are only good if you dont have the space or your wife will go nuts. My dad's room is 14x14 and mine is huge both are at a 1/4 gain... How knows... But I 100% think that ID subs are the way to go... My Ultracube just does not give that in your gut feeling. It better be because on my room size or I am going to feel like a real dipshit laying out the money i did. But at least my gf thinks it looks nice.

Glad to hear you and your dad are happy with the HSU. You made a great choice in the end.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-14-2010, 06:05 PM

hsu fit n finish is awesome! at least i get to listen when i visit them.

So is my Ultracube12 better then an hsu vtf1? or hsu 3.3

I think in the right room my subs great... If you buy it make sure you get the latest version. CAN CONNECT PBK to newest versions.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 AM

I would really love for someone to chime and let us know what other sub would be comparable to a Paradigm Ultracube 12?
Is it comparable to an HSU VTF2.3 or 3.3?
Which SVS sub?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers