Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygax View Post
thanks mr jeffrey jones BSME for your post. this really is a closer to all my doubts because i already ordered the PL200 yesterday. i really wanted the klipsch sub-12 after hearing it from bestbuy but it is just too expensive for me. thanks a lot man! and thanks for everybody's posts about the BIC PL200. now, im looking forward to getting it on my mail. so EXCITED!!!
Be sure and post your comments in this forum when you receive your PL-200 and get a chance to test it out. My PL-200 is hidden from view, so sound is the most important thing to me, but you will also be impressed with how it looks. It has a glossy piano black finish. It's very nice looking and feels well made.

I was so impressed with my PL-200, that I recently purchased 7 more BIC speakers for my new home theater that will be ready next year. I'm considering purchasing another PL-200 for this theater, but I don't know if I'll need it until the home is built and hear how just one sounds. I'm planning on designing spaces for two just in case. I'll be going from a 12 X 15 X 8 home theater to a much larger 19 X 32 X 9.5 theater.

Welcome to the BIC family.
Jeffrey

"Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited over boring things".
--Anon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Hate to bump a year old thread but...

I am in the final stages of upgrading. I originally bought the Onkyo HT-S5400 HTiB. It was the best setup I'd ever had, as before that my only home theater experience was a small Philips all in one that came with that 5505H DVD-R with the 80gb HDD, anyone remember that, lol?

Anyway the HTiB solution only worked for so long, as I am a bit of an A/V junkie these days. The Onkyo speakers sounded great coming from the Philips, but soon I was annoyed at their limitations.

So I sold the receiver that came with it (R590), and used that to spring for the Onkyo 609. Great, now that I had a decent receiver, I needed to get the speakers to realize its full potential, right?

After reading through various sites like this, I became intrigued at the BIC line. Pulled the trigger a few weeks back on the DV64 towers and the 62CLRS center channel. Wow, what a difference in SQ! So then just last week, I got 2 DV52si bookshelfs (the discontinued line, I don't like the Adatto design) off of eBay as my surrounds. Even better! Now I'm getting the DV32s for rear surrounds and that leaves the Onkyo 10" downfiring sub as the only weak link left....

Which leads me to my point: I was originally eyeballing the F12 due to budget constraints. But seeing the rewards of not skimping with my other speakers has led me to decide to save up a couple extra weeks and get either the VK12 or the PL200.

I like listening to music as much or more than watching movies/tv...which one should I get?

I know the BIC engineer said they were too close to call on specs, but the PL200 has far greater sensitivity rating (110 vs 95) and better low end than the VK12, which leads me to believe it may be better made with more quality parts...

But that Kevlar cone looks so freakin' awesome...and I have heard that the Kevlar may result in better SQ with music...

So what to do??

60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

post #63 of 65 Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrey0118 View Post

Hate to bump a year old thread but...

I am in the final stages of upgrading. I originally bought the Onkyo HT-S5400 HTiB. It was the best setup I'd ever had, as before that my only home theater experience was a small Philips all in one that came with that 5505H DVD-R with the 80gb HDD, anyone remember that, lol?

Anyway the HTiB solution only worked for so long, as I am a bit of an A/V junkie these days. The Onkyo speakers sounded great coming from the Philips, but soon I was annoyed at their limitations.

So I sold the receiver that came with it (R590), and used that to spring for the Onkyo 609. Great, now that I had a decent receiver, I needed to get the speakers to realize its full potential, right?

After reading through various sites like this, I became intrigued at the BIC line. Pulled the trigger a few weeks back on the DV64 towers and the 62CLRS center channel. Wow, what a difference in SQ! So then just last week, I got 2 DV52si bookshelfs (the discontinued line, I don't like the Adatto design) off of eBay as my surrounds. Even better! Now I'm getting the DV32s for rear surrounds and that leaves the Onkyo 10" downfiring sub as the only weak link left....

Which leads me to my point: I was originally eyeballing the F12 due to budget constraints. But seeing the rewards of not skimping with my other speakers has led me to decide to save up a couple extra weeks and get either the VK12 or the PL200.

I like listening to music as much or more than watching movies/tv...which one should I get?

I know the BIC engineer said they were too close to call on specs, but the PL200 has far greater sensitivity rating (110 vs 95) and better low end than the VK12, which leads me to believe it may be better made with more quality parts...

But that Kevlar cone looks so freakin' awesome...and I have heard that the Kevlar may result in better SQ with music...

So what to do??
Anyone? Bueller?

60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

post #64 of 65 Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
BIC PL-200. Individuals who have had other BIC models and upgraded to the PL-200 consistently state that the PL-200 is better.
post #65 of 65 Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM

Liked: 10
Just spoke to BIC's only authorized dealer. Was informed the VK-12 has been discontinued. Apparently, Acoustech was sued for using the Kevlar cone without a license. Other than that, the two models are nearly identical.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page